Roster Speculation part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
lol i know making lines is part of a hardcore fans makeup but it's so futile, Bylsma will continue to juggle lines throughout games and the season. hopefully some combinations will work so well that he will be able to control his impulses.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Peter Holland on waivers. Wouldn't mind picking him up to be the 4C if we're going with G and Sam on wings.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Peter Holland on waivers. Wouldn't mind picking him up to be the 4C if we're going with G and Sam on wings.

Currently carrying:

Eichel
O'Reilly
Kane
Okposo
Moulson
Ennis
Gionta
Larsson
Girgensons
Foligno
Deslaurier
Reinhart

Not sure where he fits with us carrying 12 forwards already with Carrier, Fasching, Bailey knocking on the door of the NHL

If we did a 2 F for 1 D style deal, then I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Currently carrying:

Eichel
O'Reilly
Kane
Okposo
Moulson
Ennis
Gionta
Larsson
Girgensons
Foligno
Deslaurier
Reinhart

Not sure where he fits with us carrying 12 forwards already with Carrier, Fasching, Bailey knocking on the door of the NHL

If we did a 2 F for 1 D style deal, then I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

If Vesey doesn't sign, Kane gets suspended, prospects are in Rochester, and Des is in the press box, we could use another NHL forward.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Does it bother anyone else that Sam is probably still slotted for the wing? He's our future 2C center so let him center and learn as the 3C. If Larsson can't accept a 4th line role than package him for a defensemen. Teams barren at center would love a player of his two way calibre. I don't think Sam and Jack should be a pair. We should be spreading that special talent around.

Last edited:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Does it bother anyone else that Sam is probably still slotted for the wing? He's our future 2C center so let him center and learn as the 3C. If Larsson can't accept a 4th line role than package him for a defensemen. Teams barren at center would love a player of his two way calibre. I don't think Sam and Jack should be a pair. We should be spreading that special talent around.

How is Sam our future 2C with ROR here? Leave Sam with Jack.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

I think Sam is gonna be our 1RW for the next 10 years. We have ROR and Jack to handle the C slots.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
why though? i want ROR matching up against top C's for the next 7 years

I think it's because people have this idea of the future team where everyone fits perfectly into their role and the Stanley Cup gets carted out on a silver platter. Whatever it takes to get to that vision is seen as a step in the right direction. Therefore, if Reinhart is the 2C in that scenario, then heaven forbid he play anywhere else! It's the same obsession with line numbering.

I think we all, as fans, needs to accept that sports are fluid, things change, and Reinhart at RW for two years could turn into 10 years, or circumstances could put him at center down the road. Who knows? Let's just try to win and enjoy the ride.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reinhart goes to center when he isn't O'Reilly's best linemate and Eichel can carry a line on his own.

I don't think what you said is that far off.

Winger from Boston area who shall not be named and Girgensons are good fits with Eichel. Really a fan of Girgensons on Eichel's RW. Eichel likes to drift left and play like an off hand LW. A left handed shot RW works well - creating some PP-esque potential 5v5. Ennis might fit here as well.

Fasching - Reinhart - Okposo is another combo I like. Power and speed on Reinhart's wings.

Carrier/Bailey - O'Reilly - Nylander puts a group of fast forwards together that play a responsible two-way game. I think O'Reilly allows Nylander to roam a bit.

Shuffle how you want. Wings have enough talent to go three deep at center.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I keep saying this, but reinhart will get his shot at center when there is a long-term injury to ROR or Eichel. And hopefully the Sabres don't miss a beat. Depth in the top two center positions is a good thing.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
why though? i want ROR matching up against top C's for the next 7 years

Well, because Reinhart certainly has the potential to match (or even exceed) ROR's defensive acumen while being a more dynamic playmaker. If Nylander eventually meshes well as an offensive factor next to Eichel, I'd have 0 complaints about Reinhart playing center on a different line with ROR on his wing.

This is all very hypothetical, though. For the time being, there's no reason to expect Reinhart or ROR to switch positions.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Well, because Reinhart certainly has the potential to match (or even exceed) ROR's defensive acumen while being a more dynamic playmaker. If Nylander eventually meshes well as an offensive factor next to Eichel, I'd have 0 complaints about Reinhart playing center on a different line with ROR on his wing.

This is all very hypothetical, though. For the time being, there's no reason to expect Reinhart or ROR to switch positions.

Yes. Reinhart has 2 qualities highly sought after in a centre--outstanding playmaking and vision, and very good defensive awareness. He is not at ROR level as to defence yet and Eichel has to play centre I think. Reinhart is top 6 so RW it is for now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I think ROR will eventually be moved to wing down the road, maybe 2-3 years from now

What I could see happening in 2028 is...

Eichel
Reinhart
ROR

As the 3 line centers.

I have said before I could see Reinhart splitting time between Eichels wing and a 4th line center with the 4th line forwards being 3 wingers who rotate shifts on different lines then sometimes go out as a 4th line with Zreinhart at center with 2 of the 3 and the other take his spot with Eichel.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
What I could see happening in 2028 is...

Eichel
Reinhart
ROR

As the 3 line centers.

I have said before I could see Reinhart splitting time between Eichels wing and a 4th line center with the 4th line forwards being 3 wingers who rotate shifts on different lines then sometimes go out as a 4th line with Zreinhart at center with 2 of the 3 and the other take his spot with Eichel.

Well, ROR will be 38, but maybe he's still playing top 9.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
what i could see happening in 2028 is...

Eichel
reinhart
ror

as the 3 line centers.

I have said before i could see reinhart splitting time between eichels wing and a 4th line center with the 4th line forwards being 3 wingers who rotate shifts on different lines then sometimes go out as a 4th line with zreinhart at center with 2 of the 3 and the other take his spot with eichel.

2028?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't think what you said is that far off.

Winger from Boston area who shall not be named and Girgensons are good fits with Eichel. Really a fan of Girgensons on Eichel's RW. Eichel likes to drift left and play like an off hand LW. A left handed shot RW works well - creating some PP-esque potential 5v5. Ennis might fit here as well.

Fasching - Reinhart - Okposo is another combo I like. Power and speed on Reinhart's wings.

Carrier/Bailey - O'Reilly - Nylander puts a group of fast forwards together that play a responsible two-way game. I think O'Reilly allows Nylander to roam a bit.

Shuffle how you want. Wings have enough talent to go three deep at center.

Holy off wings :laugh:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I believe Nylander is actually a natural off-wing LW as well, however you want to factor that in..

Helps slot in Bailey.

----- - Eichel - Girgensons
Fasching - Reinhart - Okposo
Nylander - O'Reilly - Bailey

Factor in Ennis or you-know-who with Eichel.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I like what Buffalo is doing for their line up. If the Sabres can sign Vesey, and If Kane doesn't get suspended the Sabres will be able to roll 3 dangerous speedy lines, and have a good grinder 4th line.
Also the defense is pretty respectable as well, although the Sabres front office could add another veteran defenseman at the deadline for depth down the stretch run into the playoffs.
The only concern I see is the goaltending which in most part isn't really much of a concern right now that's if Robin Lehner can stay healthy.
Buffalo shouldn't have no trouble making the playoffs this season, and could actually surprise everyone by going deep into the playoffs.
As a flyers fan I'm impressed by what the GM Tim Murray and head coach Dan Bylsma have built to become contenders once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad