Roster Speculation part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
XXX-ROR-Okposo
XXX-Eichel-Reinhart
XXX-Girgensons-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

That's the skeleton I would roll with - the XXX's would be filled in by Moulson, Kane and Vesey/one of our prospects.

With Nylander, Fasching, Bailey and Asplund coming into the fold, I'm really liking the short-term and long-term future of our forwards.

Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Nelson/Franson

Just pray Ristolainen solidifies himself as a #1, Kulikov fits in well, and we get post-trade Bogosian.

This x100

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
XXX-ROR-Okposo
XXX-Eichel-Reinhart
XXX-Girgensons-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

That's the skeleton I would roll with - the XXX's would be filled in by Moulson, Kane and Vesey/one of our prospects.

With Nylander, Fasching, Bailey and Asplund coming into the fold, I'm really liking the short-term and long-term future of our forwards.

Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Nelson/Franson

Just pray Ristolainen solidifies himself as a #1, Kulikov fits in well, and we get post-trade Bogosian.

Agreed. To go further I would think with that you'd see Carrier as the 1st call-up amongst the forwards. If Nelson wins the #6 job, Franson is the #7 but if Franson is the #6 I think Nelson starts in Rochester and Falk or Fedun are the #7.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
XXX-ROR-Okposo
XXX-Eichel-Reinhart
XXX-Girgensons-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Nelson/Franson

Why do you want our extremely effective (against quality completion) line last year to be our 4th line this year?

SabresBills2012

Apr 27, 2012
Here's is what I think might happen if those deals go through
Nash-ROR-Okposo
Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
Kane-Larsson-Bailey
Foligno-Del-Gionta

SabresBills2012

Apr 27, 2012
Kane on the third like would be a real beast , this team would easily make a run for a division title, and a serious cup contender. Can you say Lord Stanley!!!!!!!!

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Why do you want our extremely effective (against quality completion) line last year to be our 4th line this year?

Just because he wrote it as the 4th line doesn't mean they have to be deployed like scrubs.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Just because he wrote it as the 4th line doesn't mean they have to be deployed like scrubs.

I didn't say anything about them being deployed as scrubs. If you write them as the 4th line, I assume you think they are the line that gets the least amount of minutes. And I definitely assume you don't think they deserve the high volume of quality defensive minute that they got this past year.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I didn't say anything about them being deployed as scrubs. If you write them as the 4th line, I assume you think they are the line that gets the least amount of minutes. And I definitely assume you don't think they deserve the high volume of quality defensive minute that they got this past year.

Their role would be the same regardless of what line number they are.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Their role would be the same regardless of what line number they are.

I mean that's fine if that's what he meant. I just find it weird that you would call a line that gets more minutes against harder competition a 4th line (when compared to the 3rd line).

If that's what he meant then I agree.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If you put that as the 3rd line, then you're putting X-Girgensons-Ennis as the 4th line, and we all know how much fury that could inspire.

"Why do you have Girgensons and Ennis on the 4th line?"

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Are the Rick Nash to Buffalo rumors just random bloggers pissing into the wind or is there any weight to them? Would we even want Nash? What would you be willing to give up for him?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Are the Rick Nash to Buffalo rumors just random bloggers pissing into the wind or is there any weight to them? Would we even want Nash? What would you be willing to give up for him?

I wanted Nash when we had the cap space (before we landed Okposo).

I wouldn't have given up a lot to get him. Was thinking he would be worth the rental for 2 years (after which Eichel/Reinhart need new contracts) if the Rangers HAD to get rid of him for cap crunch reason (like Patrick Sharp). As it turned out, it doesn't like like they have to. Maybe they wanted to....who knows. But they were able to shed some salary by trading Brassard.

Hindsight: I wish we would have traded Kane and Franson at the draft for Nash.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Can't afford him now without a significant cap going the other way...at least ennis

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I wanted Nash when we had the cap space (before we landed Okposo).

I wouldn't have given up a lot to get him. Was thinking he would be worth the rental for 2 years (after which Eichel/Reinhart need new contracts) if the Rangers HAD to get rid of him for cap crunch reason (like Patrick Sharp). As it turned out, it doesn't like like they have to. Maybe they wanted to....who knows. But they were able to shed some salary by trading Brassard.

Hindsight: I wish we would have traded Kane and Franson at the draft for Nash.

Even trading Brassa d doesn't do much. Zibs is similar to brassard do you figure in 2017 he gets around $4.5M or more, thus not much of a cap savings.

In 2017 I think the Rangers have something like 6 or 7 RFAs that will be getting raises. The Rangers don't have much salary coming off this offseason do the pressure will be on unloading Nash to create cap room.

The problem is either they need to retain of they have to take a high salary back where that won't open much space at all.

Had the moved him in June for nothing coming back they had some teams who had the cap space to eat his $8M like buffalo.

At this years trade deadline they could move him at what he has left this year making him 0 against new teams cap with a he Rangers retaining around $2M thus opening up $6M in 17/28,

Can't afford him now without a significant cap going the other way...at least ennis
ppcontinuing on with what I'm saying above....

Buffalo could trade for him near the deadline and have the Rangers retain around $1.9M making him nearly free this year but cost $6M next year with one year left.

Buffalo next year has Mcco icky and Gionta coming off which is $5.75M in cap space.

The other potential playersin 2017 who are due contracts are:

Foligno
Larsson
Girgensons ( if 1 yr deal)
Kuikov

Next year they have ZfransonFranson coming off plus what they don't use this year after signing Risto and girls snd the cap raise.

This space may equal around $7M which should be enough to resign these 4 with raises. If any f the 3 forwards earn something for a higher raise then buffalo moves one of them snd replaces them with a player on sn ELC.

Given the fact buffalo could take on his contract giving the Rangers room the cost at the deadline will depend grisly on what Nash does next season. Likely a conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if the team advances in the playoffs and a middle prospect. The only angers need contract space so they online want back prospects, pick, or ELC players in 17/28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad