Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't think that's a fair assessment.Pysyks ice presence is less in my opinion.

Now, sure. But he projects to be a Tallinder style defender. Good outlet passes, rock solid defensively, plays a positional game. With more experience and ice time he can bring exactly what Henrik brought to the table

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yes it's well documented that you underrate what he does on the ice.

Lucky for you you aren't alone. Unlucky for everyone it's Bylsma who agrees.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Now, sure. But he projects to be a Tallinder style defender. Good outlet passes, rock solid defensively, plays a positional game. With more experience and ice time he can bring exactly what Henrik brought to the table

This is where you and I see things differently. I don't view Pysyk like you do, as a matter of fact, I see many times, in many games, where he struggles to win battles in the defensive zone.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

I don't see it as lucky or unlucky.I see what I see. I don't know what Bylsma thinks.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think Bylsma is making this call. If Bylsma doesn't want to use Pysyk then he is only hurting himself.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
What was Hank, 25-26 when he broke out?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Apparently we're doing the "UFAs to the highest bidder" thing, are trying to clear Franson's second year, want to recycle Foligno (my take: into a similarly inconsistent defenseman), and are open to moving on from Larsson if a team puts stat nerd value on him (my take: in a bigger deal). Plus the existing "Gorges to a contender" rumors.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Why in the world are we trading Pysyk over Bogo? If there's a guy they should move away from its Bogo. Is it because of that small sample time when he was with Risto and he played better?

You know what, if we really want to know how Tim feels about Pysyk, why don't we just ask him? Instead we're going off of one guy's reporting just before the trade deadline where player rumors skyrocket.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Why in the world are we trading Pysyk over Bogo? If there's a guy they should move away from its Bogo. Is it because of that small sample time when he was with Risto and he played better?

You know what, if we really want to know how Tim feels about Pysyk, why don't we just ask him? Instead we're going off of one guy's reporting just before the trade deadline where player rumors skyrocket.

Well if you have his cell number, go right ahead.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I'd kinda like to know who he's targeting at the draft, too, if you could throw that in there.

Also, who he likes in UFA, and also, what he wants to pay Risto.

Thanks Okim!

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
are the followers of this forum drunk with the dreams of Steven Stamkos signing here as an UFA?

It certainly seems that way. All of my hopes and dreams revolve around the core we have signing continuing it's development and hopefully we add a piece of two to fix the backend. If that happens we will start to become a contender. I am not putting any stock into Stamkos, as I think it's smoke and mirrors. Resigning with Tampa and paying no state taxes, working with that young core is what is best for him. Dreams of Toronto, why so you can freeze in the winter. Detroit, makes more sense than Buffalo as they have a history of getting it right and contending year after year.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Trade board offer:

McGinn (50%) to Chicago for Bickell, McNeill, 2016 1st.

Easy yes for me.

McNeill could be a right handed version of McGinn, can play center and RW, and has played well enough in the AHL to earn a shot in the NHL. Buckle's contract blows, but it's for one year, and the Sabres have contracts coming off the books: Legwand, McGinn, Weber, Johnson for a total of nearly $9M. So they can absorb a bad contract for 1 year. And the late first is a good add.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Trade board offer:

McGinn (50%) to Chicago for Bickell, McNeill, 2016 1st.

Easy yes for me.

McNeill could be a right handed version of McGinn, can play center and RW, and has played well enough in the AHL to earn a shot in the NHL. Buckle's contract blows, but it's for one year, and the Sabres have contracts coming off the books: Legwand, McGinn, Weber, Johnson for a total of nearly $9M. So they can absorb a bad contract for 1 year. And the late first is a good add.

Easy yes. McNeill's never going to get a fair chance in Chicago. Maybe he's no more than Luke Adam, but maybe he strikes up a nice rapport with SamROR or Jack like McGinn did with ROR. Bickell's contract does suck, but from all reports he's solid in the locker room and could fill a 4th line role akin to what Legwand did. I think he'd still have a role with the Hawks if it wasn't for that contract. Plus, if by chance we do move on from Foligno, Bickell could be the "natural" replacement for him next year....and it'd be a contract year for him.

Easy yes.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I see Carrier up with Buffalo next season if Foligno is dealt.

If Foligno is dealt and we don't get his replacement in the deal......I think you'd see Carrier and Bailey battle it out.

Assuming that Schaller is the replacement for Legwand (kind of feels like it to me), we could have a 4th line of Des-Schaller-Carrier/Bailey next year. That's a LOT of speed on that 4th line.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If Foligno is dealt and we don't get his replacement in the deal......I think you'd see Carrier and Bailey battle it out.

Assuming that Schaller is the replacement for Legwand (kind of feels like it to me), we could have a 4th line of Des-Schaller-Carrier/Bailey next year. That's a LOT of speed on that 4th line.

Agreed.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo

Could see baptiste in the mix too?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
are the followers of this forum drunk with the dreams of Steven Stamkos signing here as an UFA?

I don't think so. A few are intrigued or excited at the thought, and I can't really blame them. I think it's just as likely that Stamkos' agent is trying to use Pegula dollars as leverage, just the way Babcock did. Side note - I hope Pegula is learning not to advertise himself as Daddy Warbucks anymore, because the organization is going to get used if that continues. Anyway, Stamkos may be a 30-40 goal scorer for a few more years, but his cap hit and probable NTC would be an anchor on the roster. I may be wrong, but if Stamkos' agent is going to tease Buffalo in the summer, I think TM will have to convince Pegula away from trying to sign him (even though Stamkos will just use Buffalo to get more $ from Toronto).

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
and this is where you teach Eichel there's better players and you don't get to settle for mediocrity around here no more

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I don't think so. A few are intrigued or excited at the thought, and I can't really blame them. I think it's just as likely that Stamkos' agent is trying to use Pegula dollars as leverage, just the way Babcock did. Side note - I hope Pegula is learning not to advertise himself as Daddy Warbucks anymore, because the organization is going to get used if that continues. Anyway, Stamkos may be a 30-40 goal scorer for a few more years, but his cap hit and probable NTC would be an anchor on the roster. I may be wrong, but if Stamkos' agent is going to tease Buffalo in the summer, I think TM will have to convince Pegula away from trying to sign him (even though Stamkos will just use Buffalo to get more $ from Toronto).

using Buffalo for money = Buffalo gets a meeting
not using Buffalo for money = they never even get in the door

if using us for money gets a foot in the door, eventually someone is gonna like what they hear, if we never get to talk then no one will ever hear a thing

I think its hard to argue that 30-40 goal scorer is an anchor, even at 11mil a season, you'd have to move on from Kane but I'm fine with that; the entire thing for me hinges on why Stamkos' production has decreased, if the guys in the know look at the tape and decide it's something fixable, I'm not shying away from a guy who scores like that

I also think Pegula has stepped away from interfering with roster moves, rightly I'd expect that Murray would have to explain why he wasn't talking to Stamkos but we aren't going to hear any more "Tpegs daughter liked this guy in the playoffs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad