Roster Speculation 2017-18 Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If we can get a decent return on Foligno I'm open to moving him. Do we really want to pay a bottom 6 winger who made several boneheaded plays this past season 3-3.5 mil per? I don't. Foligno is going to want a significant raise from the $2.25 mil he made this past year. He won't sign for less then 3 and could want $4 mil per long term. No thanks. I appreciate his physicality but he took way too many idiotic penalties, was terrible in his own end and was the direct fault of many goals against due to stupid plays and bad positioning. His offense is limited and he won't be much more then a 10-10-20 guy even when he gets/got time with Eichel. He's pretty much a high end fourth liner on a good team. Even if we be generous and call him a solid third liner again, that's a position I'm not paying $3.5 mil per for. If It came down to Foligno @ 3.5 mil AAV long term or Kane @ 5.5 mil AAV long term I'm keeping Kane.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If we can get a decent return on Foligno I'm open to moving him. Do we really want to pay a bottom 6 winger who made several boneheaded plays this past season 3-3.5 mil per? I don't. Foligno is going to want a significant raise from the $2.25 mil he made this past year. He won't sign for less then 3 and could want $4 mil per long term. No thanks. I appreciate his physicality but he took way too many idiotic penalties, was terrible in his own end and was the direct fault of many goals against due to stupid plays and bad positioning. His offense is limited and he won't be much more then a 10-10-20 guy even when he gets/got time with Eichel. He's pretty much a high end fourth liner on a good team. Even if we be generous and call him a solid third liner again, that's a position I'm not paying $3.5 mil per for. If It came down to Foligno @ 3.5 mil AAV long term or Kane @ 5.5 mil AAV long term I'm keeping Kane.

I mean, his qualifying offer is 2.25. Do you really think any team offer sheets him?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
joshjull;1329872 17 said:
That's exactly what it is. I believe it's just the teams they feel could take his contract. Then they go from there and make proposals

Buffal8 can't even affordable Oviedo unless they were sending back Ennis and moulson.

I would trade a bunch of mice young stuff to washington snd help them retool.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

I think it's a very short list of sabres players YOU'd keep over kane lol...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Looking at expansion and the off-season in general, this may be the year to grab defensemen. There will be teams that NEED to move some (either to Vegas or side deals) along with teams that need help up front. Just plotted out some of the guys I figured to be potentially available due to expansion/surplus.

Anaheim: Vatanen

Minnesota: Brodin or Dumba Or Scandella

Columbus: Murray or Johnson

New York I: Hamonic or DeHann or Pulock

Carolina: Hanifin or Fleury or Bean or
Murphy

Florida: Demers or Petrovic or Pysyk

Los Angeles: McNabb or Forbort

San Jose: Schlemko or Dillon or Mueller

Ottawa: Methot or Borowiecki or Wideman or Claesson

Pittsburgh: Maatta or Cole or Pouliot

Tampa Bay: Koekkoek or Dotchin

Washington: Schmidt

Potentially 12 top-6 NHL Defensemen moved Due to Expansion or a surplus on the roster:

If Vegas keeps 4-6 of these potentially available, and another 5-6 are dealt, there will be potentially a half dozen popular defensemen around the league being traded within a Couple of week period.

As one of the clubs with the biggest needs in the back end. I expect Buffalo to make a move for, at least, one of these guys.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Is Winnipeg going to protect 8 skaters instead of 7 and 3? Buff and Enstrom have to be and Trouba will be either way.

Would be funny to see Myers, McNabb and Pysyk all exposed with all the whining over losing them. Well...there they are.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd love to see GMJB make a trade up to get Makar (Buffalo's 8, 55, 99 to Vegas for 6).

Then trade Kane+ for someone in the first round if Valimaki falls a bit. Kane plus 37 to Calgary? Kane could make their 3rd line go.

Is Winnipeg going to protect 8 skaters instead of 7 and 3? Buff and Enstrom have to be and Trouba will be either way.

Would be funny to see Myers, McNabb and Pysyk all exposed with all the whining over losing them. Well...there they are.

I'd be down for getting Pysyk back if Vegas takes him.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Throw an asset Florida's way if they don't plan on protecting Pysyk. Then get another defenseman from Vegas.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Oh hell yeah. I'd take Pysyk back all day. He was the only guy who get get a puck out of his own end back there.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Throw an asset Florida's way if they don't plan on protecting Pysyk. Then get another defenseman from Vegas.

That could work too. I think the draft plus Vegas plus small-to-medium signings can fix the D both short and long term.

Trade up for Makar, then trade Kane to get back into the first round and take Valimaki. Along with Guhle, long term D fixed.

Trade a pick and prospect to Vegas during the draft (after Makar and Valimaki are secured) to re-acquire Pysyk.

Sign Brendan Smith and Ron Hainsey.

Smith - Ristolainen
McCabe - Pysyk
Bogosian - Antipin
x Gorges, Hainsey

Smith can cover for Ristolainen to allow him to roam. He's place holding for Guhle. McCabe and Pysyk take on the defensive pairing role. Bogosian and Antipin get sheltered minutes and get the green light.

Guhle spends the year in Rochester. Makar and Valimaki develop at the appropriate pace.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

When you combine every trade Murray made he comes out on top IMO. I think he could have done even better though, but I cant complain too much as of today.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The only reason Pysyk was dealt in the first place is because he plays right side. We're not going to trade for him when we're deeper on RD than we were when we dealt him away.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

I'd assume/hope Muzzin or Martinez. Could this be done after expansion? Is LA expected to Go 4-4-1 or 7-3-1 in their protection? I would assume 4-4-1 with Doughty/Martinez/Muzzin+ one of McNabb or Forbort

And their four forwards being Kopitar/Toffoli/Pearson/Carter.
Even inthat scenario the best forward they lose is likely Trevor Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad