Roster Speculation 2015-16 Pt. III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Moulson is signed thru 2019 and has a modified NTC.He is here for the next 4 years.And I doubt someone will want to acquire a 35 year old making 5 mil near the end of his deal.

So pretty much you can pencil in our LW2 spot for the next 4 years.Not that it's a bad thing.On a god awful team like ours he still finished 2nd in scoring and 1st in assists.With Eichel or Reinhart he will easily get back to 25 goals per maybe even 30.Moulson is a bonafide top 6 LWer.5 mil really isn't that much for his past production/pedigree.He is arguably their best goal scorer at the moment,along with Kane.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
With no moves up front....

Kane - Eichel - Ennis
Moulson - Girgensons - Hodgson
Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta
Deslauriers - Larsson - McCormick

Hopefully we can find another top-6 RW (although not as big of a need IMO as a good LHD and starting goalie). I would like to see Larsson given a chance in the top-9 again I just don't see the room and hes one of the most capable people of playing a valuable role on the 4th line. Hodgson - if he is still here - should be given one last chance in the top-6 I think but only way he should be here is if we don't find that top-6 RW. Reinhart given a few games in ROC before being called up permanently.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Wow, that would be a ton of speed on a Kane - Eichel - Ennis line. Could be dynamic and awesome to watch. My concern would be that all three like to have the puck on their stick.

I would like to see Kane with Girgensons. Both hard working and fast. Z not as dynamic of a playmaker as those three. A better balance.

I think Larsson will be a top 3 center on this team next season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
With no moves up front....

Kane - Eichel - Ennis
Moulson - Girgensons - Hodgson
Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta
Deslauriers - Larsson - McCormick

Hopefully we can find another top-6 RW (although not as big of a need IMO as a good LHD and starting goalie). I would like to see Larsson given a chance in the top-9 again I just don't see the room and hes one of the most capable people of playing a valuable role on the 4th line. Hodgson - if he is still here - should be given one last chance in the top-6 I think but only way he should be here is if we don't find that top-6 RW. Reinhart given a few games in ROC before being called up permanently.

Foligno/Gionta would be a great set of wingers for any of our young centers (Larsson, Reinhart, Grigs) on the 3rd line. Foligno can be a road grader who can create time and space for his line mates. he will also defend them if necessary and has offensive skill. Gionta would be a great mentor as well as someone that adds great speed and tenacity. Plus they have chemistry.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Foligno/Gionta would be a great set of wingers for any of our young centers (Larsson, Reinhart, Grigs) on the 3rd line. .

I agree but why not Eichel? (Just curious). He would be the only center who could bring a real offensive spark to these two borderline offensive threats. This might allow us to have more flexibility with Grigorenko, should he prove worthy of a spot. Maybe put grigs with moulson and ennis, put rein hart with kane and girgs (rein hart can start at wing there, as we discussed previously).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As a Kings fan I'm curious how Hudson Fasching has been doing. How far is he from the big club?

Back in college next year. Very likely to turn pro next year in 16/17

If Minnesota doesn't make the playoffs or are eliminated the first weekend he signs for the last few weeks of the season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree but why not Eichel? (Just curious). He would be the only center who could bring a real offensive spark to these two borderline offensive threats.

I didn't include Eichel because I envision him higher in the lineup.

This might allow us to have more flexibility with Grigorenko, should he prove worthy of a spot. Maybe put grigs with moulson and ennis, put rein hart with kane and girgs (rein hart can start at wing there, as we discussed previously).

I can't imagine any scenario where Grigs starts off on a higher line than Eichel.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I didn't include Eichel because I envision him higher in the lineup.

I can't imagine any scenario where Grigs starts off on a higher line than Eichel.

I just meant to start the season. Byslma already said Eichel isn't starting on the top line. He needs to get broken in. Does that take a few weeks or half a season?

And I wasn't really thinking in terms of line numbers, since I don't think we'll see things start coming together that way much later in the season. I just wanted to spread the super young centers out to three separate lines. And this is assuming Grigo makes the team, which is far from certain.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I see you guys are looking for a LD.

Would you be interested in Alexei Emelin?

I'm not big on trading him but with Petry's signing and our need of adding a top 6 forward we need to free up some cap space. The best case scenario would be to trade Desharnais, Parenteau and Gilbert for picks and prospects but realistically I don't believe it will happen.

So the next asset we can move is Emelin. With Tinordi most likely remaining with the big club next year, we can afford to trade him.

I don't think Mtl would want picks for him but we wouldn't want salary coming back either. A young prospect who could make the NHL in the next 2 years would be ideal.

what do you think?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I see you guys are looking for a LD.

Would you be interested in Alexei Emelin?

I'm not big on trading him but with Petry's signing and our need of adding a top 6 forward we need to free up some cap space. The best case scenario would be to trade Desharnais, Parenteau and Gilbert for picks and prospects but realistically I don't believe it will happen.

So the next asset we can move is Emelin. With Tinordi most likely remaining with the big club next year, we can afford to trade him.

I don't think Mtl would want picks for him but we wouldn't want salary coming back either. A young prospect who could make the NHL in the next 2 years would be ideal.

what do you think?

No interest.

Sabres Dynasty

Apr 11, 2015
It might be me thinking 70's/80's hockey but I'd like to get someone that can be mean on the line with Eichel, If he starts off lighting teams up to start, there are still those guys that are willing to throw the "Welcome to the NHL" cheap shot..

I'd room Eichel and Kane, hope they become tight and put them on a line together with Ennis..

I feel the same.

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis just sounds a little too soft for me. At least until Eichel matures.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
With Bogosian playing 24-25 mins a game I'm not worried if Eichel has "soft" linemates.And if Eichel comes in and shows hes far and away the best center/player on the team he'll be on the top line regardless of what Bylsma might say before Eichel's even drafted.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
With Bogosian playing 24-25 mins a game I'm not worried if Eichel has "soft" linemates.And if Eichel comes in and shows hes far and away the best center/player on the team he'll be on the top line regardless of what Bylsma might say before Eichel's even drafted.

Not initially.

Girgensons as the #1 center to start the season is about as safe a bet as one could find. He's a lock.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Kane - Girgensons - Ennis
Moulson - Larsson - Hodgson
Foligno - Eichel - Gionta
Deslauriers - Grigorenko - McCormick

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Kane - Girgensons - Ennis
Moulson - Larsson - Hodgson
Foligno - Eichel - Gionta
Deslauriers - Grigorenko - McCormick

I could see the center position shaking out with Girgs/Larsson as the top two to start the season and Eichel on the 3rd line. Then as the season progresses things can change.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So if Jack Eichel comes in, totally dominates right off the bat and is producing much more then Girgensons he won't be allowed the top line center position because Bylsma said in June that's not what he wanted?

Yeah if Eichel comes in and needs time to adjust to a pro game and bring him along slowly then sure, put him on the 2nd or 3rd line.But if Eichel is the leading scorer 10-15 games in and clearly the best player,keeping him on the 3rd line would be utterly laughable.

Bylsma is saying things like that so Eichel doesn't have a ton of pressure on him coming in considering he already has a bunch on him being called a savior and a generational prospect.In Tyler Myers rookie year he played 16 minutes his first ever game.By his 3rd game he was getting 21+ the rest of the year aside from his first ever back to back in his 5th and 6th career game.If he shows he is clearly the best then he's going to get the most minutes plain and simple.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
So if Jack Eichel comes in, totally dominates right off the bat and is producing much more then Girgensons he won't be allowed the top line center position because Bylsma said in June that's not what he wanted?

Yeah if Eichel comes in and needs time to adjust to a pro game and bring him along slowly then sure, put him on the 2nd or 3rd line.But if Eichel is the leading scorer 10-15 games in and clearly the best player,keeping him on the 3rd line would be utterly laughable.

Bylsma is saying things like that so Eichel doesn't have a ton of pressure on him coming in considering he already has a bunch on him being called a savior and a generational prospect.In Tyler Myers rookie year he played 16 minutes his first ever game.By his 3rd game he was getting 21+ the rest of the year aside from his first ever back to back in his 5th and 6th career game.If he shows he is clearly the best then he's going to get the most minutes plain and simple.

Yeah, because the Tyler Myers development path is exactly what every organization aims for...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I just meant to start the season. Byslma already said Eichel isn't starting on the top line. He needs to get broken in. Does that take a few weeks or half a season?

And I wasn't really thinking in terms of line numbers, since I don't think we'll see things start coming together that way much later in the season. I just wanted to spread the super young centers out to three separate lines. And this is assuming Grigo makes the team, which is far from certain.

There will definitely be a pecking order to the lines as well as roles expected of them. With that in mind, I find it very hard to imagine a scenario coming out of training camp that has Grigs centering our 2nd line ahead of not just Eichel but Larsson and Reinhart. If Grigs is here at the start of camp he has quite the uphill battle trying to get into the top 9. With many of the determining factors out of his control.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not initially.

Girgensons as the #1 center to start the season is about as safe a bet as one could find. He's a lock.

As center, I'd tend to agree. I don't see how he's a mortal lock for #1 center based on what Bylsma said. What Bylsma said implies to me Girgensons will draw tough defensive assignments to protect the other players.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
As center, I'd tend to agree. I don't see how he's a mortal lock for #1 center based on what Bylsma said. What Bylsma said implies to me Girgensons will draw tough defensive assignments to protect the other players.

Bylsma basically said (paraphrasing); Girgs isn't necessarily a #1 center but he can be used to protect others. To me that sounds like he's saying, while Girgs isn't really a #1 center. he can be used there to shelter others for the time being. Otherwise why even bring it up in that context? I'm not saying its a mortal lock but when combined with the current options at center. I find it hard to believe anyone else would get that role. Barring a trade of course.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'm not saying Girgs is the mythical #1 center (right now in his development at least). I'm saying he's a lock to start the season as #1.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Bylsma basically said (paraphrasing); Girgs isn't necessarily a #1 center but he can be used to protect others. To me that sounds like he's saying, while Girgs isn't really a #1 center. he can be used there to shelter others for the time being. Otherwise why even bring it up in that context? I'm not saying its a mortal lock but when combined with the current options at center. I find it hard to believe anyone else would get that role. Barring a trade of course.

Well what I said would be sheltering players. If you're just arguing he will be center then I agreed as much already, but I don't see why he'd definitely be the "#1" center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad