Roster Speculation 2015-16 Pt. III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Personally, I'd have Reinhart as an option for AAA as well. That might end up being one of the best 2-way lines at the end of next year if allowed to grow together.

It could certainly develop into that by the end of the year. I was thinking of putting him as an option there. But I wasn't sure if Byslma/Murray would want to throw him to the wolves like that right off the bat (assuming of course he is even ready for it). Long term though I see Reinhart as the perfect center to compliment Kane.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Kane Eichel Ennis
Larsson/Foligno Girgensons Gionta
Moulson Grigorenko Hodgson
DesLauriers McCormick Kaleta
Schaller

KEE - fast 1st scoring line
L/FGG - shutdown line
MGH - secondary scoring

Reinhart in Roch to start.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
It might be me thinking 70's/80's hockey but I'd like to get someone that can be mean on the line with Eichel, If he starts off lighting teams up to start, there are still those guys that are willing to throw the "Welcome to the NHL" cheap shot..

I'd room Eichel and Kane, hope they become tight and put them on a line together with Ennis..

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
I really don't understand the reinhart hate. Can we wait till next season to see what he has done during the off season before saying he is going to be in Roch.

Would rather Rein than grigo ... But that's my opinion.

internet toughguy

Dec 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
I really don't understand the reinhart hate. Can we wait till next season to see what he has done during the off season before saying he is going to be in Roch.

it's not hate. grigorenko would need to clear waivers to go to to ROC, so he's in BUF's lineup or he's getting traded. the idea is to give sam top line minutes in ROC instead of developing in the bottom 6 at 10-12 minutes a night.

in fact, you could say grigorenko's development path is the catalyst for these folks opinion on having sam start in ROC, myself included.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
No Kaleta, please. He misses too many games. I'd much rather make a run at Condra in UFA. Far better RW4.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo

For me at least, it's a combination of Reinhart looking a little out of place last season, his AHL eligibility, the limited top 9 availibility, Grigo's waivers status, and the steps Grigo has taken to make himself a more complete player.

If Reinhart proves he belongs on the roster, awesome. But if he needs to be eased in, I'd rather see him in Rochester

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I think its more positive thinking by those that have high hopes for Grigs next year. Its not really hating on Reinhart. To put it another way, they're trying to find a top 9 roster spot for Grigs when its kind of hard to do right now.

The reality is if Reinhart is ready for the NHL he will be on the Sabres roster next year. If he isn't he will be in Rochester. Grigs will have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
that'd be nice, but thats a pipedream. Zero reasons for TB to even consider it.

Well, they have a starter. Maybe they'd be more inclined to move Bishop. Obviously, you'd have make an offer that tempts them. Something that would probably annoy a lot of people. But he does look like he could be a really, really good one.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Kane Eichel Ennis
Larsson/Foligno Girgensons Gionta
Moulson Grigorenko Hodgson
DesLauriers McCormick Kaleta
Schaller

KEE - fast 1st scoring line
L/FGG - shutdown line
MGH - secondary scoring

Reinhart in Roch to start.

Where do Foligno/Larsson go if they're not with Girgs/Gionta? Because that would obviously alter one of your other lines.

Moulson/Grigs/Hodgson is scary and not in a good way. That group is slow with little defensive ability.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Maybe they'd be more inclined to move Bishop.

Yes, yes they would.

Sustr and Namestnikov are RFAs and due raises.

They're at 70m in cap space already. Giving raises to those 2 puts them right at the cap.

I think in an ideal world, they trade Bishop and one (or two) of their D -- they'd give the reins to Vasilevski, probably promote Koekkoek and let Gudlevskis be the backup

Bishop's a guy I'd probably pony up for in a trade. Only 28, so he's got a good 5 years in front of him.....which is probably enough time to see what we truly have in Petersen, Johansson and whoever we draft this year.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Kane/Girgs/AAA
Mouslon/BBB/Ennis
Foligno/CCC/Gionta
Des/DDD/Kaleta

Short term:

Kane - Larsson - Hodgson
Moulson - Girgensons - Ennis
Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta
Deslauriers - Schaller - McCormick
Kaleta

Middle-term, with what we have now:
Girgensons - Eichel - Ennis (Speed, power combination)
Kane - Reinhart - Larsson (combination of speed, skill, possession play with Reinhart)
Foligno - Grigorenko - Moulson (don't really like... matter of time before Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching replaces Moulson)
Deslauriers - Schaller - Kaleta/McCormick (Carrier might break in here)

Could also see a top two of
Larsson - Eichel - Ennis
Kane - Reinhart - Girgensons

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Short term:

Kane - Larsson - Hodgson
Moulson - Girgensons - Ennis
Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta
Deslauriers - Schaller - McCormick
Kaleta

Middle-term, with what we have now:
Girgensons - Eichel - Ennis (Speed, power combination)
Kane - Reinhart - Larsson (combination of speed, skill, possession play with Reinhart)
Foligno - Grigorenko - Moulson (don't really like... matter of time before Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching replaces Moulson)
Deslauriers - Schaller - Kaleta/McCormick (Carrier might break in here)

Could also see a top two of
Larsson - Eichel - Ennis
Kane - Reinhart - Girgensons

Moulson isn't getting replaced in any way. He's got an NTC and is making $5 mil per. And since he's not really a bottom 6 guy, he's in the lineup as a top 6er for the forseeable future.

I think 2-3 years from now, something like this is what you see:

Moulson-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Reinhart-Girgensons
Foligno-Larsson-?????

???? could pretty literally be anyone in the pipe right now.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Moulson isn't getting replaced in any way. He's got an NTC and is making $5 mil per. And since he's not really a bottom 6 guy, he's in the lineup as a top 6er for the forseeable future.

Moulson-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Reinhart-Girgensons
Foligno-Larsson-?????

In 2-3 years, I'm not sure I want Moulson anywhere near my top line.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Moulson-Eichel-Ennis
Kane-Reinhart-Girgensons
Foligno-Larsson-?????

17/18 some differences....

Girgensons-Eichel--?????
Kane-Reinhart-Baptiste
Grigorenko-Larsson-Bailey
Carrier-Compher-Fasching
Moulson ????

I see Ennis and Foligno traded to acquire a first line RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad