Roster Speculation 2015-16 Pt. III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Hey we already signed our UFA right winger for Eichel.

Bylsma said develop and work youth into the lineup, right? :sarcasm:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I want to like Charlie Coyle but he's so unimpressive to me. He's a poor mans JVR and I don't like JVR either.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I want to like Charlie Coyle but he's so unimpressive to me. He's a poor mans JVR and I don't like JVR either.

He's good with Children...For the Love of God, someone please think of the children...

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Reports are that Vancouver is looking to trade Eddie Lack for a 2nd rounder. Interest? I'd pull the trigger on that movie easily

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Reports are that Vancouver is looking to trade Eddie Lack for a 2nd rounder. Interest? I'd pull the trigger on that movie easily

My take would be that's one of those "depends on what's out there" deals. There are at least a couple guys I'd be happier to give up either the same or more for, but I'd be happy with a 2nd for Lack easily. That's a fair bargain for us.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I'm 100% fine with that too. Shelter Eichel a little and give him protection in the form of Foligno.

I also figure with the KRG line.....Zemgus can play center while Reinhart gets comfy, then they can swap positions later in the year.

So to start the year:

Moulson/Larsson/Ennis
Kane/Girgensons/Reinhart
Foligno/Eichel/Gionta

Then to end the year:

Moulson/Eichel/Ennis
Kane/Reinhart/Girgensons
Foligno/Larsson/Gionta

I posted a couple months ago towards end of season what the lineup will look like based on the contracts we have heading into next season and prior to any FA/trades... 11 FWDs, 6 D, 1 G. This includes RFA's Grigo, Larsson, and Pysyk.

I came to a realization and commented that we dont really need to go after a big fish to insulate our roster such as ROR type trade. Simply by adding Kane and Eichel to the lineup, and if Reinhart is ready, we've become a significantly better team than the last 2 seasons. The kids have the skill and talent to play here and will be surrounded by wingers/veterans who have several seasons of NHL experience.

If Reinhart is NHL ready:

Kane-Eichel-Girgensons
Moulson-Larsson-Ennis
Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta
Deslauriers-Grigorenko-Hodgson
McCormick

If Reinhart isnt ready and gets sent to the AHL:

Kane-Eichel-Girgensons
Moulson-Larsson-Ennis
Foligno-Grigorenko-Gionta
Desluariers-XXX-Hodgson
McCormick

Then on defense, depending on if they send Zads down to AHL:

XXX-Bogo
Weber/Zads-Risto
Weber/Gorges-Pysyk
Weber/Gorges

XXX
Johnson

So ultimately, this leaves the following in my opinion:

1) Obviously have to figure out the goalie situation. Plenty of options between FA's and trades. I really liked Talbot from NYR this year. Im not a Lehner fan at all. Wouldnt mind Niemi although hes looking for probably his last NHL contract and wants to cash in at a higher clip since goalie contracts have gone up to $8M since he signed that last contract as a cup winning goalie. I support the goalies shouldnt eat up a large part of your cap viewpoint -- regardless of how much space we'll have.

2) We need a top paring LD. We've all talked about it. Im really curious what route Murray will go. I am in favor of Sekera returning via FA. Im in favor of going after a trade target by paying futures like has been talked about (Hjalmarsson, Staal, ?). Some okay but not great UFA options (Martin, Oduya).... could/would/do we want Ehrhoff to return in FA? :laugh:

3) Hodgson. I dont think its absolutely necessary to move him. But if there was one trade I want Murray to make, its to turn Hodgson into something. Or maybe he could turn it around next year by connecting with Bylsma.

4) In the event that Reinhart is in AHL, we'll need a good veteran 4th line C given McCormick uncertain status. If Reinhart is ready, I'd roll with Grigo and give him a shot with Des and Hodgson in favorable O-zone matchups on the 4th line.

Ultimately, I dont think we need to go crazy with changes. Let the kids play and see how they do. I cant imagine the lineups listed being equal to or worse than the teams we've had the last 2 years.

Asidas

Jun 15, 2014
vancouver
apparently someone with close ties to canucks organization spit out that the nucks are talking to edm and buff. lack + for grigorenko. Would you do it?

Would you take lack + mccann for grigorenko and late 1st?

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
apparently someone with close ties to canucks organization spit out that the nucks are talking to edm and buff. lack + for grigorenko. Would you do it?

No. The rumor is Lack is being shopped for a 2nd round pick.

Grigorenko>McCann
Late First>Lack

I'd do Lack for the NYI 2nd rounder and no more.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Based on Friedman's article, it sounds like Bylsma at least cognizant of the fact that Kane may need the puck on his stick as the primary puck-handling forward on his line--shades of Vanek in some ways. If that's the case, I wonder if he tries him with Girgensons initially. If you read Coller's article, Girgensons scored goals at a nice clip at ES, but was not a setup man (only 4 primary assists at ES). That'd be a heavy, fast line. And Kane can still get run with the top guys on the PP1.

do you guys agree giving Kane a wide birth for a wile, make him a happy hockey player, let him try things he might want to do??

I think it would be the best way to go with him.. A happy Kane is a unstopable one imo..

Heck I'd even let him take T-Pegs jet to NY for a day of 5th Av shopping once a month if that does it for him :laugh:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I think Anders Lindbäck should get a shot with a better team in front of him, he really did not do that bad even with the tire fire in front of him last season..

Plus the guy said he wants to play here,hell thats half the battle there..

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
I am against using that NYI 2nd for middle of the road goalies and suspects. I have no faith or interest in Lack. I'd rather go into the UFA market for a short term solution or attempt to acquire an RFA with a real ceiling than grab hand me downs.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I think Anders Lindbäck should get a shot with a better team in front of him, he really did not do that bad even with the tire fire in front of him last season..

Plus the guy said he wants to play here,hell thats half the battle there..

He was Irbed. Just like the rest of them this season. He's usually quite below average.

I'd rather just sign Niemi for 3 years.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

On the surface it makes sense.

Grigerenko needs to go someplace he can be sheltered

Buffalo has a need for a starting goalie.

The question is, what is the +?

McCann doesn't really make a ton of sense for us, we have plenty of centers.

Lack + Kassian for Grigerenko could make some sense. Buffalo needs a RW and is obviously familiar with him. Even if he plays on the 4th line, Kassian would bring some much needed size.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Don't like that value at all. A 1st + Grigorenko better get us a bigger package than a still unproven goalie as the center piece.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
i'm a big fan of trading with vancouver before benning gets canned, because that guy might be the worst gm in the league right now. he's impatient and desperate, and if there's any prospects in our system he truly covets, i think he would pay a huge price to get them. kinda like murray with e kane, except kane is actually a really good player and benning hands out big contracts to dumpsters on skates

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i'm a big fan of trading with vancouver before benning gets canned, because that guy might be the worst gm in the league right now. he's impatient and desperate, and if there's any prospects in our system he truly covets, i think he would pay a huge price to get them. kinda like murray with e kane, except kane is actually a really good player and benning hands out big contracts to dumpsters on skates

Murray should find a way to fleece him of Edler then.

Zadorov, Grigorenko, 21st
for
Edler and Lack

Top LD problem solved for the next 4 years.
But Edler has a NTC

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
He was Irbed. Just like the rest of them this season. He's usually quite below average.

I'd rather just sign Niemi for 3 years.

Is that because:

A. You feel Irbe will be released from his contract and therefore he won't be around to help develop a younger goalie (and, by inference, no other goalie coach would have similar impact as Irbe)?

B. You feel that Irbe (assumed remaining with BUF) will have no beneficial effect on Niemi (or, by inference, any other veteran)?

C. You feel history will repeat and if Irbe helps boost a proven vet like Niemi another 0.010 sv%, then by extension, BUF's rebuild could accelerate a year?

D. (throwing this in to complete the multiple choice answers) You're Niemi's agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad