Roster Speculation 2015-16 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The # makes me think holy crap, thats higher than I thought! But, there's money that is coming off the books soon by design. Like Gionta and Legwand. Then Coho and even Moulson was signed keeping in mind when entry level deals would be over with.

Legwand and McGinn are some $6m alone coming off the books after this season. Gionta's $4.25m comes off the following year. The next year Gorges' $3.9m is gone. There are some other minor contracts that will expire the next two years but they're not really worth mentioning. Of note is that Kane's contract comes up when Gorges' finishes up and that by then we'll have some guys like Ristolainen on their second contracts.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Overall, I'd have to say it looks like Murray is putting together a bunch of "gamers"....These team may be tough to play against.....

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hey guys go look at Montreal's center depth.

mj-laughing.gif

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
McGinn - O'Reilly - Ennis
Moulson - Girgensons - Eichel
Kane - Larsson - Reinhart
Foligno - Legwand - Gionta

Gorges - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
Weber - Pysyk

It's hard for me to think of a good lines given the amount of centers on the roster, especially since we don't want to throw the young guns into the fire right off the bat. Hearing all this talk from Jets fans saying Kane needs to be the force on his line makes me think he'd be perfect with Larsson and Reinhart. Try out Des on the bottom-pair :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Last edited:

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out where Moulson fits in this lineup? My hope is that he'll regain his scoring touch with a more offensive center than Girgensons but his lack of defensive coverage last season was a big turnoff for me. He (IMO) belongs on the second offensive line but I'd rather see Girgs or Ennis in that LW2 spot.

My lineup:

Kane O'Reilly Eichel
Ennis Reinhart Girgensons
McGinn Larsson Gionta
DesLauriers Legwand Foligno
x:Moulson, McCormick
Hodgson - traded/bought out

UFA/trade - Bogosian
Gorges (if healthy, otherwise Webs or McCabe) - Ristolainen
Weber - Pysyk
Ruhwedel

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out where Moulson fits in this lineup? My hope is that he'll regain his scoring touch with a more offensive center than Girgensons but his lack of defensive coverage last season was a big turnoff for me. He (IMO) belongs on the second offensive line but I'd rather see Girgs or Ennis in that LW2 spot.

My lineup:

Kane O'Reilly Eichel
Ennis Reinhart Girgensons
McGinn Larsson Gionta
DesLauriers Legwand Foligno
x:Moulson, McCormick
Hodgson - traded/bought out

UFA/trade - Bogosian
Gorges (if healthy, otherwise Webs or McCabe) - Ristolainen
Weber - Pysyk
Ruhwedel
Well he won't regain it on the bench :laugh:

He's the second best LW on the team, that's where I imagine he'll play. At worst he'll be on the "third" line getting heavy ozone starts. I'd personally love him with Eichel and Ennis

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Well he won't regain it on the bench :laugh:

He's the second best LW on the team, that's where I imagine he'll play. At worst he'll be on the "third" line getting heavy ozone starts. I'd personally love him with Eichel and Ennis

I could see Moulson bumping Girgs, McGinn, and Des down a line. But his lack of effort last season scares me much more than his lack of production.

If not Moulson Eichel Ennis, then I could see Moulson Reinhart Gionta if just for the vet experience around Sam. But even now, it's clear that Moulson's one way game isn't the style that Murray's trying to build. The question is how far the organization is willing to bend in order to accommodate a defensively limited player with offensive writer's block who happened to be an early investor in our rebuild. :dunno: I'd love to find a place where he fits in nicely, but it isn't obvious to me.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
STL Blues fan coming in peace. I didnt see a specific 'trade proposal thread' so im just gonna post here.

If the Blues were able to aquire Derrick Pouliot from PIT (a Top rated LD prospect)

Would a package of Pouliot and Barbashev interest you for Sam Reinhart?

With Eichel and ROR would you be willing to atleast listen to offers on Reinhart?

Thanx in advance for any feedback.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
STL Blues fan coming in peace. I didnt see a specific 'trade proposal thread' so im just gonna post here.

If the Blues were able to aquire Derrick Pouliot from PIT (a Top rated LD prospect)

With Eichel and ROR would you be willing to atleast listen to offers on Reinhart?

Not for Pouliot and Barbashev. The closest would probably have been Coyotes trading #3 for Reinhart and taking Hanifin but a majority of us were still against it.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Larsson
Foligno-Girgensons-Gionta
Deslauriers/McCormick-Legwand-McGinn

Gorges-Ristolainen
FA/Trade-Bogosian
Ruhwedel-Pysyk

If it's me I try to trade Larsson for Wiercioch...

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-McGinn
Foligno-Girgensons-Gionta
Deslauriers-Legwand-McCormick

Gorges-Ristolainen
Wiercioch-Bogosian
Weber-Pysyk

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I could see Moulson bumping Girgs, McGinn, and Des down a line. But his lack of effort last season scares me much more than his lack of production.

If not Moulson Eichel Ennis, then I could see Moulson Reinhart Gionta if just for the vet experience around Sam. But even now, it's clear that Moulson's one way game isn't the style that Murray's trying to build. The question is how far the organization is willing to bend in order to accommodate a defensively limited player with offensive writer's block who happened to be an early investor in our rebuild. :dunno: I'd love to find a place where he fits in nicely, but it isn't obvious to me.

Yep.

But no worries, once the favorite dog to kick is bought out, gripping will focus on the veteran "leader" who is just as bad defensively, has less offensive upside, is arguably already declining, will be 32 in November, and has higher cap hit with a limited NTC that will make him a particularly easy target for bashing until 2018-2-19...

Hopefully for Moulson, the Sabres youth will be have really long coats for him to ride out his twilight.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
With our sudden richness in forward skill, I'd like to find a way to keep Larsson with Moulson and Ennis. That would certainly be possible, especially if Reinhart cracks the lineup. You can mix and match ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Girgensons all you want and add Foligno, or McGinn, or Gionta to make two good lines. Then keep Moulson, Larsson and Ennis as a third line. That would make three solid lines and be a headache to matchup against.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Not from me because I don't see O'Reilly as long term centre, I think he moves to the wing when Eichel is ready and Sam Reinhart will play 2C

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com

not a snowballs chance in Hades

come on, why is Buffalo giving up, before we have even seen what he can do, on such a gifted playmaker.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
With our sudden richness in forward skill, I'd like to find a way to keep Larsson with Moulson and Ennis. That would certainly be possible, especially if Reinhart cracks the lineup. You can mix and match ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Kane, Girgensons all you want and add Foligno, or McGinn, or Gionta to make two good lines. Then keep Moulson, Larsson and Ennis as a third line. That would make three solid lines and be a headache to matchup against.

I want to keep Larsson with Ennis and Moulson too.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I want to keep Larsson with Ennis and Moulson too.

Kane-Oreilly-Eichel
Moulson-Larsson-Ennis
Girgensons-Reinhart-McGinn
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta
X Deslauriers, McCormick, Hodgson

xxxx-Bogo
Weber-Risto
Gorges-Pysyk
X xxxx

Lehner
Johnson

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Moulson didn't have a lack of effort. He just isn't a very good skater or defensive player. As for his production, it will be contingent on his line mates. If they can get him the puck in and around the net he should be productive again.

Even if Moulson starts to produce again next season you will still probably think he isn't putting in a good effort due to the deficiencies in his game (skating + defense). Outside of the area around the net he usually doesn't look all that amazing.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Working some cap math with projected next contracts. I don't usually look at those so if anyone wants to correct my contract guesses, feel free.

ROR (7.5) - Eichel (8) - Larsson (3.5)
Girgensons (4) - Reinhart (4.5) - Kane (7)
Xxx - xxx - xxx
Xxx - xxx - xxx
McCabe (3) - Risto (7)
Xxx - Bogosian (5.5)
Xxx - Pysyk (3)
Xxx

Xxx
Xxx

53 mil with 11 roster spots still open in 4-5 years. If anyone has any projections of their own for cap hits around that time frame I'd be interested to hear them.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Kane-Oreilly-Eichel
Moulson-Larsson-Ennis
Girgensons-Reinhart-McGinn
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta

xxxx-Bogo
Weber-Risto
Gorges-Pysyk
X xxxx

Lehner
Johnson

Eichel will play center. Reinhart may play wing or 3C. Larsson I have trouble seeing on the 2nd line.

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Ennis
Kane-Eichel-McGinn/NEED top 6 RWer
Moulson-Larsson-Reinhart
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta

UFA/Trade LHD-Bogosian
""-Ristolainen
Gorges-Pysyk
X Weber

Lehner
Johnson (maybe a vet Biron like goalie to help Lehner)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis
Moulson - Larsson - Eichel
Foligno - Girgensons - Reinhart
McGinn - Legward - Gionta
x - Deslauriers, McCormick

UFA - Bogosian
Weber - Ristolainen
Gorges (McCabe) - Pysyk
x - Trade pick-up from Hodgson

Lehner
Lindback

I'd take Sekera or Ehrhoff as the UFA
I'd take Gormley or Gelinas in a trade for Hodgson; thrilled if they could get Oleksiak.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis
Moulson - Larsson - Eichel
Foligno - Girgensons - Reinhart
McGinn - Legward - Gionta
x - Deslauriers, McCormick

UFA - Bogosian
Weber - Ristolainen
Gorges (McCabe) - Pysyk
x - Trade pick-up from Hodgson

Lehner
Lindback

I'd take Sekera or Ehrhoff as the UFA
I'd take Gormley or Gelinas in a trade for Hodgson; thrilled if they could get Oleksiak.

Hodgson for Gormley was something discussed with Zona fans, which they liked, but it was way earlier this season. I'd do it, but I'm not sure they'd still like the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad