Roster Speculation 2015-16 Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If Patrick sharp can be had for super cheap, wouldn't you guys want him on our team for the next couple seasons? His cap hit is 5.9, but we have plenty of room for him, especially the next 2 years (after that he walks, who cares). But we're thin on RW and he could be a heck of a player on a line with Eichel/Reinhart centering him.

I just think it would be a nice stopgap until we develop a young RW of our own or trade for some prospects, etc...

He would definitely help us get into the playoffs. He's an experienced winger w/ leadership and has 3 cups on his resume...he played a big part in the hawks success.

Edit: By cheap I mean a 3rd round pick in next year's draft with a conditional third in 17' (assuming we make the playoffs this year).

In principle I agree with what your saying and he might have made sense if ROR wasn't acquired.. But its not a need right now. LD is the next target via trade or free agency per Murray's presser

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If Patrick sharp can be had for super cheap, wouldn't you guys want him on our team for the next couple seasons? His cap hit is 5.9, but we have plenty of room for him, especially the next 2 years (after that he walks, who cares). But we're thin on RW and he could be a heck of a player on a line with Eichel/Reinhart centering him.

I just think it would be a nice stopgap until we develop a young RW of our own or trade for some prospects, etc...

He would definitely help us get into the playoffs. He's an experienced winger w/ leadership and has 3 cups on his resume...he played a big part in the hawks success.

Edit: By cheap I mean a 3rd round pick in next year's draft with a conditional third in 17' (assuming we make the playoffs this year).

We're legitimately out of forward spots. There's just no place for him

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Let's say we land one of Rej/Ehrhoff.

Do we all assume coho will be bought out? If we could somehow flip coho into any kind of D asset, I would love Murray.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I haven't been a Mez fan but 1 year @ 2mil? He does seem to play better with motivation. Not necessarily money motivation but being on a team that is actually trying to win and realistically win.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Let's say we land one of Rej/Ehrhoff.

Do we all assume coho will be bought out? If we could somehow flip coho into any kind of D asset, I would love Murray.

I'm still on the Coho to Arizona narrative. Makes alot of sense considering no UFA worth their salt is going to sign there since they have no idea where they might be relocating next year

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I'm still on the Coho to Arizona narrative. Makes alot of sense considering no UFA worth their salt is going to sign there since they have no idea where they might be relocating next year

What would you look for in return? 2016 2nd? D prospect? Or a bag of pucks?

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I honestly just want that full contract off of our books for good. I'd trade him for a bag of pucks even.

Free up that cap space and free up that roster spot.

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
Is there a Reinhart trade coming?
I really don't see a place for him now with O'Reilly, Eichel, Larsson and even Girgs on the team. Has he ever played wing?

And where is CoHo fitting in right now?

I'd love to see O'Reilly centering Girgs and Kane... My goodness... no team would be safe. lol

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I said it in the other thread, but I think Ehrhoff is a legitimate target.

Take this with a 100000 pound grain of salt, but one of my friends said he saw Christian Ehrhoff in Buffalo this week. I have absolutely no confirmation this is even sort of true, but it could make sense.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
Take this with a 100000 pound grain of salt, but one of my friends said he saw Christian Ehrhoff in Buffalo this week. I have absolutely no confirmation this is even sort of true, but it could make sense.

He still owns a house in the area.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Is there a Reinhart trade coming?
I really don't see a place for him now with O'Reilly, Eichel, Larsson and even Girgs on the team. Has he ever played wing?

And where is CoHo fitting in right now?

I'd love to see O'Reilly centering Girgs and Kane... My goodness... no team would be safe. lol

I sure don't expect a Reinhart trade. He's Murray's pick and has shown nothing to diminish his value. He's got a place either in Rochester, at RW, and eventually at C. It's just a matter of when he slides in. If Murray wants to trade for a D-man there are many other/better options to trade away.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Paul Martin, lol. Would rather re-sign Mez.

What in the world...??

I said it in the other thread, but I think Ehrhoff is a legitimate target.

I'd like to believe that's true, but Murray took some shots at him and all but questioned his commitment in post-buyout remarks. It's too bad, because if he's healthy he's a great short-term fit as the LD2.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The more I think about Ehrhoff, the more I think Pegula might veto any deal.

He asked for a trade after receiving 22 M of the 40M contract.

Then he got bought out @ 12M of the remaining 18M left on his deal

So the Pegula's already paid him 34M for essentially 3 years of work. Not sure how thrilled they'd be about shelling more out to a guy who basically quit on them.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
No. They're at 56.7 mil with several more players to sign...but possibly minus Hodgson's cap hit.

The # makes me think holy crap, thats higher than I thought! But, there's money that is coming off the books soon by design. Like Gionta and Legwand. Then Coho and even Moulson was signed keeping in mind when entry level deals would be over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad