Roster Speculation 2015-16 Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I love how Duff's roster doesn't even include Hodgson as an extra forward. Is it a foregone conclusion he's gone?

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I want McCabe and Reinhart in Rochester for development (and depth).

That's ridiculous. Both of these players don't belong anywhere near Rochester. Reinhart will end up hurt down there with terrible talent around him and McCabe did his time last year.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm not a Marincin fan but being basically traded for a contract dump leads me to believe Murray has made up his mind about Free Agency. I think we lure Paul Martin here for 2-3 years.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I'm not a Marincin fan but being basically traded for a contract dump leads me to believe Murray has made up his mind about Free Agency. I think we lure Paul Martin here for 2-3 years.

Paul Martin, lol. Would rather re-sign Mez.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Would his contract slide again if he did? Not sure if i'd even want that, just curious and getting mixed answers.

Nope, Reinhart's contract starts this year whether he's in the AHL or NHL.

Reinhart is eligible for a second contract slide. Players who signed as 18 year olds (which includes Reinhart) are eligible for a second contract slide if their contract slides during their first year. Due to Reinhart's birthdate, if he had signed as a 19 year old he would not be eligible for the contract slide this year, but he didn't.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Wild fan here. I'm very excited to see your Sabre team come back to relevance! That top 6 is going to be dirty and your C depth is going to be amazing for years. I'm hoping you guys can pull another top 4 dman from somewhere. Here's to seeing you guys in a cup final very soon!

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
Wild fan here. I'm very excited to see your Sabre team come back to relevance! That top 6 is going to be dirty and your C depth is going to be amazing for years. I'm hoping you guys can pull another top 4 dman from somewhere. Here's to seeing you guys in a cup final very soon!

Want Moulson back ;)

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
If Patrick sharp can be had for super cheap, wouldn't you guys want him on our team for the next couple seasons? His cap hit is 5.9, but we have plenty of room for him, especially the next 2 years (after that he walks, who cares). But we're thin on RW and he could be a heck of a player on a line with Eichel/Reinhart centering him.

I just think it would be a nice stopgap until we develop a young RW of our own or trade for some prospects, etc...

He would definitely help us get into the playoffs. He's an experienced winger w/ leadership and has 3 cups on his resume...he played a big part in the hawks success.

Edit: By cheap I mean a 3rd round pick in next year's draft with a conditional third in 17' (assuming we make the playoffs this year).

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
So unless we play Eichel at RW a-la Stamkos, every top 9 RW slot will be manned by a left handed shooter.

Also a roster, for funsies.

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Eichel
Kane-Reinhart-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Moulson
McGinn-Legwand-Gionta
Des
Hodgson

Pysyk-Bogosian
McCabe-Risto
Gorges-Weber
Ruh

Lehner
Ochocinco

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Have to admit. I laughed at people who suggested Sekera..as if he'd return. I still don't think its likely but at least now I think its possible. Wasn't expecting our line up to be this legit before July 1

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm starting to think we have a "#1" line and then a 2A/2B, that way our three kid centers can have less ice time when their game is off.

Kane-ROR-Girgensons
Moulson, Ennis, Eichel, Reinhart, Larsson all in the middle six, with a Foligno, Mcginn, or Gionta in there too

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
So unless we play Eichel at RW a-la Stamkos, every top 9 RW slot will be manned by a left handed shooter.

Also a roster, for funsies.

Girgensons-O'Reilly-Eichel
Kane-Reinhart-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Moulson
McGinn-Legwand-Gionta
Des
Hodgson

Pysyk-Bogosian
McCabe-Risto
Gorges-Weber
Ruh

Lehner
Ochocinco

I love this roster arrangement. Pysyk's the obvious one who would switch sides. Do you think it's going to be a real problem regarding the handedness on the RW?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I love this roster arrangement. Pysyk's the obvious one who would switch sides. Do you think it's going to be a real problem regarding the handedness on the RW?
I think it's sub-optimal, but won't be so bad that it means a clearly-worse body like Gionta is going to move up the lineup, if that makes any sense.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If Patrick sharp can be had for super cheap, wouldn't you guys want him on our team for the next couple seasons? His cap hit is 5.9, but we have plenty of room for him, especially the next 2 years (after that he walks, who cares). But we're thin on RW and he could be a heck of a player on a line with Eichel/Reinhart centering him.

I just think it would be a nice stopgap until we develop a young RW of our own or trade for some prospects, etc...

He would definitely help us get into the playoffs. He's an experienced winger w/ leadership and has 3 cups on his resume...he played a big part in the hawks success.

Edit: By cheap I mean a 3rd round pick in next year's draft with a conditional third in 17' (assuming we make the playoffs this year).

There's just no room or need for Sharp. I'm not saying he isn't better than a lot of our guys, there's just no real purpose to it. We have a good group of forwards. What we need is defense and that's really the only thing.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Where do we see Reinhart? I remember Murray saying that he was excited to see him in the NHL, but do we have the room? Have to think Murray ships some of these forwards out. Would love to see Foligno go for a LD.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

A lot of us root for you guys as one of our secondary teams or at least a team we'd like to see succeed, so it'd be really cool if we faced off some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad