Roster Speculation 2013-2014 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You're telling me you wouldn't move Moulson or Ott for Kadri? He's 23 and would immediately be our best forward. Fits right in with Ennis and Hodgson to form a 2nd scoring line for years to come.

I thought you were asking in a legit sort of way.

Yea, after moving Moulson for Kadri. I'd move Ott for Gagner... and I dislike Gagner too. :laugh:

I hate the type of player you like.;) You would build an awesome video game roster though :laugh:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I thought you were asking in a legit sort of way.

Yea, after moving Moulson for Kadri. I'd move Ott for Gagner... and I dislike Gagner too. :laugh:

I hate the type of player you like.;) You would build an awesome video game roster though :laugh:

We'll obviously we'd add, but listening to Canadian radio, it seems like they really want to move. I think age, scoring, skating - he'd fit right in, or allow you to move someone else. I'd prefer Kadri to a late 1st this year, for sure.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We'll obviously we'd add, but listening to Canadian radio, it seems like they really want to move. I think age, scoring, skating - he'd fit right in, or allow you to move someone else. I'd prefer Kadri to a late 1st this year, for sure.

I dont see how a rental is a core piece of a Kadri package... that's just dumb.

To get Kadri, you're probably looking at something like Hodgson, rental, 1st rounder (not our 2014 top pick) or equivalent prospect

I don't want anything to do with players like Kadri... or Gagner.... or Ennis

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Orpik has horseshoes... not wheels.

Obviously, the WNY comment fits... but the player doesn't.

I think Risto will absolutely be ready next year, but he'll still probably start in Rochester and need to FORCE his way on the roster.

I think it's clear that Zadarov will go back to juniors... the organization is building for the future... no need to rush anyone, even if they are "ready".

more than likely, i see our 14/15 defense as:
Ehrhoff-Myers
Ruhwedel-Pysyk
Weber-McBain
x UFA

If Tallinder doesn't play here next season, I don't think we have any young guys (except Pysyk) to fill a top-4-role. Ruhwedel might fit considering his age, but is he really ready for it? And I don't think Orpik isn't an option - I mean, he is not going to be a long-term solution, though.

I still think we have a surplus of defenders next year, so one of McBain/McNabb should be traded - I prefer McBain.

So, I think it would go something like this:

Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Orpik/Tallinder/UFA - Myers
Weber/McNabb/McBain - Ristolainen/Ruhwedel.

That would create some serious competion, while not putting anyone on a role they are not ready for. Though we should be careful not to hurt the tank too much! :laugh: It's interesting to see will McCabe be signed next summer and come to Rochester. Same with Brady Austin.

And on the offense, I think the only one who will be brought up is Larsson. No one else isn't ready yet. So we will need a lot more short-term fillers there.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
What would you be willing to give for Kadri? I think he would fit in nicely, for the right price.

As long as we have Hodgson, we don't need anymore secondary scoring centers. We need to find a good two-way center + number one center. No need to waste assets anywhere else right now. I think we should save our assets till the draft day - this draft might be the one where you can actually move top up "relatively" easily.

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013
The problem with Kadri is that he is talented from the neck down, dead from the neck up.

If Tim Murray wants players with hockey sense, Kadri is not the kind of player you look for.

thefatjesus*

Bidding for either will likely get to a 1st from a contender. So I'd think at minimum a 2nd and a Prince

Ya I think thats a mutually beneficial deal, wasnt sure which prospect you guys would want more out od Puempel, Prince, Pageau, Wiercioch ect.. But Prince is awesome, Tim Murray really likes the guy.

So does the rest of the buffalo fanbase like a deal simliar to 2nd + Prince for Ott or Moulson?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You're telling me you wouldn't move Moulson or Ott for Kadri? He's 23 and would immediately be our best forward. Fits right in with Ennis and Hodgson to form a 2nd scoring line for years to come.

That would make me puke.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Ya I think thats a mutually beneficial deal, wasnt sure which prospect you guys would want more out od Puempel, Prince, Pageau, Wiercioch ect.. But Prince is awesome, Tim Murray really likes the guy.

So does the rest of the buffalo fanbase like a deal simliar to 2nd + Prince for Ott or Moulson?

A lot of us are still brainwashed by Darcy to hold out for a 1st rounder for Ott and Moulson.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
It's not a good sign when a team is looking to add a top six forward and are offering a top six forward.

BeauportHarfangs

May 14, 2013
Northern Virginia
I still think we have a surplus of defenders next year, so one of McBain/McNabb should be traded - I prefer McBain.

So, I think it would go something like this:

Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Orpik/Tallinder/UFA - Myers
Weber/McNabb/McBain - Ristolainen/Ruhwedel.

Operating on the assumption that we are in re-build mode, and not trying to put together playoff bound defense pairings; i'm thinking:

Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Weber - Myers
McNabb - McBain
Tallinder

Not sure, but that might leave Rochester with something like:

McCabe* - Ristolainen
Bagnall - Ruhwedel
B. Austin - Gauthier Leduc

* big assumption that McCabe goes pro after this NCAA season.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Anaheim wants to win a cup this year, they have 2 1st round picks and a glut of good prospects. Seems like a good fit.

Dean Lombardi wants a goal scorer and is linked to Matt Moulson who is Quicks brother in law, that could be a fit.

Nearly every team in the playoffs will be after Steve Ott if available.

Tallinder should have interest as well, I could see teams like CHI, BOS, SJS, and MIN showing some interest.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Operating on the assumption that we are in re-build mode, and not trying to put together playoff bound defense pairings; i'm thinking:

Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Weber - Myers
McNabb - McBain
Tallinder

Not sure, but that might leave Rochester with something like:

McCabe* - Ristolainen
Bagnall - Ruhwedel
B. Austin - Gauthier Leduc

* big assumption that McCabe goes pro after this NCAA season.

I think its higher than 70/30 McCabe turns pro after his college season ends.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...tract-status-remains-issue-colorado-avalanche

ROR and the Avs agree to wait to talk contract over the summer and he wants to stay in Denver.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-jonas-hiller-ducks-20140111,0,4517423.story#axzz2qOlQZnZC

Someone has to pay for Jonas Hiller's success. This season it has been the Ducks' opponents, but later this summer it could be the Ducks.
Should the Ducks' goaltender beat the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday night, he'll become one of eight goaltenders in NHL history to win 13 consecutive games.
Hiller's hot streak has helped the Ducks (32-8-5) to the best record in the NHL and — considering he's in the final year of his contract — his pay should inflate significantly beyond his current $4.5-million salary.
Hiller said his agent and the Ducks have spoken "a couple times" since the season began. Given the team's depth at the position, he's unsure "what they want to see" before a deal would be finalized.

With the Ducks set in goal, I wonder if they would be interested in Moulson or Ott?

BeauportHarfangs

May 14, 2013
Northern Virginia
Also, maybe i'm getting too old to follow this anymore, but i'm not seeing this surplus of defensemen. Im not saying were short, but just about right. I see the future as

LD: Zadorov, McCabe, McNabb and Weber until the last of those three are ready
RD: Ristolainen, Myers, Pysyk, ??? Maybe McBain, maybe Ruhwedel.

I'd be hesistant to trade away McNabb right now. Unless someone overpays.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...tract-status-remains-issue-colorado-avalanche

ROR and the Avs agree to wait to talk contract over the summer and he wants to stay in Denver.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-jonas-hiller-ducks-20140111,0,4517423.story#axzz2qOlQZnZC

With the Ducks set in goal, I wonder if they would be interested in Moulson or Ott?

Apparently Ducks are looking to make a blockbuster trade using one of their young goalies...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1582017

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I still think Moulson makes a ton of sense for the Kings. He has the third most PP goals since 2008-09. LA has the 26th ranked PP, and it almost cost them last night vs Vancouver. Throw in the fact that the Kings want to add another top-6 LW, and he makes even more sense. Plus, he's Quick's brother-in-law, so there's that angle, as well.

Lombardi likes to strike before the deadline, generally. I wonder if they'd try to pull the trigger prior to the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad