Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Its pretty easy to forget about Engvall when you add wildcard Tsyplakov and a known guy like Duclair to force him right off the nhl roster completely .

He might not even be the first call-up even if theres cap space created due to someone making 3 mil + getting injured .

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Its pretty easy to forget about Engvall when you add wildcard Tsyplakov and a known guy like Duclair to force him right off the nhl roster completely .

He might not even be the first call-up even if theres cap space created due to someone making 3 mil + getting injured .
Yeah, I don’t exactly expect him to light it up in Bridgeport - it’s just not his game. If someone with a couple of AHL seasons gets hot at Bridgeport I could see them getting a look. A Maggio or Dufour maybe.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Engvall wasnt gonna get claimed unless someone really wanted a guy for 6 more years. I hope he pops up again, but Bridgeport is his wake up call. Its kinda funny how Gauthier actually made the cut over him. Guess the isles really liked his chemistry on the 4th line alongside Wahlstrom and Maclean. That could be a fun PK duo too.
I think Gauthier and Whalstrom will wear out there welcome pretty quickly.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Similar to Martin, these guys are pretty well settled in their LI life.

It’s a local team or Parise-style, February signing with family buy in for a Cup contender and spend 3-5 months ‘on the road.’

Reactions: mm11 and Lek

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Similar to Martin, these guys are pretty well settled in their LI life.

It’s a local team or Parise-style, February signing with family buy in for a Cup contender and spend 3-5 months ‘on the road.’
Martin will get signed about 25-30 games into the year so he can play just enough to reach his 1000. I can't see Lou stringing him along so he falls short this year.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Martin will get signed about 25-30 games into the year so he can play just enough to reach his 1000. I can't see Lou stringing him along so he falls short this year.
I know this is an ongoing theme. Lou isn’t stringing him along. He doesn’t want to relocate to play. He’s rolling the dice he gets an opportunity to play.

However, Lou and Roy know he is declining in this era of the game. Both want to advance the cause and win. They’ve also added speed to the lineup year over year.

I don’t see Lou playing charity with Martin. If due to a number of injuries the Isles need forward help, have the cap space, then maybe Martin gets signed and plays. I can see Lou not sending Martin to the AHL - he’s either on the NHL roster or not.

If Martin is on the Isles this year, then the Isles have taken on a rash of forward injuries, IMO - not a good thing OR the PTOs turn into a bunch of waifs that have no consistency and Roy loses patience with them and goes with the flawed safe bet in Martin.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

He's not getting signed here without a number of injuries

The milestone is not driiving Lou's decisions

Period.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This might be your hottest and dumbest take yet - He is NOT walking away from 3 m this season and 18m overall. if he sticks out this season he might even be bought out and guarantees 10m of the remaining 15 and could still get his league minimum next season.

You should say things out loud before you post.

And shame to those who like this post.

None of you would dream to walk away from that.
I don't disagree with you, but your last line is silly. Time and time again it's been proven that hockey players think differently. None of us have a skill or talent that's going to guarantee us big money in the working world. We cannot say what we would do as we have no basis for comparison.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Clutter hits the booth. He's very articulate and hockey smart. If not broadcasting, I can see him being a coach as well.

Reactions: Lek and Throttle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad