GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs Detroit - 8:00 PM - Werner: Fenway 'confident' in Dubas' vision for franchise

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He was Anthony Beauvillier before his time; all speed, no hands.

My friends and I used to play a drinking game where you'd have to take a drink for every shot that missed high and wide, two drinks every time he put HIMSELF offside and chug when he tried that stupid inside/outside move coming down the wing that never ever worked.

And people wonder why I have problems.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
My friends and I used to play a drinking game where you'd have to take a drink for every shot that missed high and wide, two drinks every time he put HIMSELF offside and chug when he tried that stupid inside/outside move coming down the wing that never ever worked.

And people wonder why I have problems.
How are you still alive?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I look at this team's top six especially considering where Sid/G are these days and what they are dragging around every night up there and I can't help but be like "What the actual f*** is this team spending it's money on?!?"
I wonder this as well.

DOC Crosby Beauvillier
Bunting Malkin Rakell

sure Rust is injured but is this really who we can put beside are 2 centers. It isnt even like they are making major money.

8.7 and 6.3. For a total of 15 million. Come on

Trade Sid to COL with 1.7 mil retained for Calum Ritchie, Casey Middlestadt and a 2027 3rd.

If not now, later in the year

I think they need to keep Casey.
Change 3rd to 1st in 2027 and put in Nichuskin. We can just buy him out haha.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I dunno. Crosby is playing with borderline third liners even when healthy and Malkin is probably a like ~50 point player this year assuming he can stay healthy (and obviously he doesn't have any real help, either). And both are old. I know it's game one but I have to seriously wonder after watching THAT if even Sid can rise above, anymore.
Broken record time (so ignore if you must): this is why I've been beating this drum about needing better wingers all summer. The idea that we're going into the season with DOC on the top line and some folks are like "but he finished strong! it's fine everything's fine" was silly. Even Sid, at his age, can't carry around 30 point players.

Like f***, you've got PRIME McDavid flanked by Draisaitl and Hyman, PRIME Matthews flanked by Marner, PRIME Mackinnon flanked by Rantanen and we're trotting out the likes of Beauvillier and DOC on Sid's wing (gee with an upgrade to Rust eventually) and we wonder why we can't score?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Broken record time (so ignore if you must): this is why I've been beating this drum about needing better wingers all summer. The idea that we're going into the season with DOC on the top line and some folks are like "but he finished strong! it's fine everything's fine" was silly. Even Sid, at his age, can't carry around 30 point players.

Like f***, you've got PRIME McDavid flanked by Draisaitl and Hyman, PRIME Matthews flanked by Marner, PRIME Mackinnon flanked by Rantanen and we're trotting out the likes of Beauvillier and DOC on Sid's wing (gee with an upgrade to Rust eventually) and we wonder why we can't score?

Speaking of this I noticed that on top of everything else wrong in this department the shot leaders last night were Beau, Bunting and Eller.

Hopeless.

EK would is gonna ask out after this season imo lol

Shit man maybe even DURING.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can we stop talking about tanking and getting the first pick in the draft? This is not the NFL. There is a draft lottery. You could be BAD and still only be rewarded with the second or third pick. Or get an Erik Johnson, or a Nail Yakupov or a Patrik Stefan.

Besides, this team will still have Mike Sullivan as head coach.
This isn't the year. Next year is.

Sell of Petts, Eller, and ideally Jarry this year. Next year, sell of Karlsson and Rust and/or Rakell and be a bottom 5 team who wins the 1OV pick. Enter Gavin McKenna to play with Sid one final year before the new era.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Tyler Kennedy would fit in well with this group.

At least Kennedy was kind of a bargain, they declined to pay him too much when his contract came up and they kept him within his role.

I feel like this era of Penguins would see a TK hit the market and throw like 4.5 million X 5 at him to play with Crosby then sit there all smug like they just did something smart.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
At least Kennedy was kind of a bargain, they declined to pay him too much when his contract came up and they kept him within his role.

I feel like this era of Penguins would see a TK hit the market and throw like 4.5 million X 5 at him to play with Crosby then sit there all smug like they just did something smart.

Jake Guentzel for a 2nd round pick, Tyler Kennedy, Beau Bennett, Dustin Jeffrey and Joe Vitale.

@SEALBound "THIS IS A GREAT DEAL. YOU'RE A MORON, PIXIES. STOP MAKING GDTS."

Wayne Gretzky f***ing said it on air last night. That dude never says anything controversial.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad