Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
So the GM is going to waive a guy he signed to a long contract to keep a guy he got that's been waived several times already. Does anybody really think that sounds like LLs M.O.? I mean, several of you keep bringing it up in your armchair GM talks about what you would do, but you do know that's not going to happen, right?
theres going to be some paper shuffling transactions to stay cap compliant that we're not aware of .

Engvall could be coached into using his toolbox to be an effective 4th liner with casey and mack

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just checked on puckpedia

If we run

Duclair-Horvat-barzal
Tsyplakov-Nelson-palms
Lee-pageau-Holmstrom
McLean-cizikas-Wahlstrom
Gauthier

Waive fasching and keep Martin on a PTO

Pelech-pulock
Reilly-mayfield
Romanov-dobson
Cholowski

Waive every other dman

Sorokin and Varly

We’d have an astounding $212,500 in cap space

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Just checked on puckpedia

If we run

Duclair-Horvat-barzal
Tsyplakov-Nelson-palms
Lee-pageau-Holmstrom
McLean-cizikas-Wahlstrom
Gauthier

Waive fasching and keep Martin on a PTO

Pelech-pulock
Reilly-mayfield
Romanov-dobson
Cholowski

Waive every other dman

Sorokin and Varly

We’d have an astounding $212,500 in cap space
Swap Fasching and Wally. One actually puts effort in away from the puck and the other is defensively inept.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Fasching is fine if you want a grinder to just take up 8-12 minutes. Seems like Roy wants more out of that role - at least initially.
Right and I agree. I'd waive him but don't want to lose him. These are all replacement level guys with different skill sets. Obviously Whalstrom is the best shooter, best checker. Fasching can grind and has the best puck protection, Gauthier has the speed.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Fasching is fine if you want a grinder to just take up 8-12 minutes. Seems like Roy wants more out of that role - at least initially.
Realistically that’s all he’d be needed for. Wally doesn’t know what to do away from the puck. His NHL veteran parallel in Mike Hoffman was just waived.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Would rather have Foudy than Fasching. He has speed and versatility to play multiple positions, and has some pop to score. Bolduc showed some promise at the Bridge and even was an all-star I believe. He has struggled ever since and hope the Isles can keep him to develop some. Lou is going to wait until the end and try to jam them through waivers and mitigate loss.

Cholo looked more confident with the puck and seemed to be able to transition quicker and think the game faster. Looks like he is a late bloomer who is figuring things out.

I know Wally was not drafted to be a bottom nine player and have mixed feelings with him on the 4th line. As others have mentioned he could play pp2 as well as play against bottom pair D and have time to get off his shot. He gives the 4th line and Roy some options for sure and a different look.

Feels like this team has an identity again with Roy and it has been a successful camp.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
If Bolduc is waived it shows how poorly he was handled last year by Lou. He needed ice time in the AHL and was terrible when he did play. Hutton was better than him and Aho last season.

Reminds me of JF Berube. Trying to out smart everyone

Reactions: impaaaaaact

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
If Bolduc is waived it shows how poorly he was handled last year by Lou. He needed ice time in the AHL and was terrible when he did play. Hutton was better than him and Aho last season.

Reminds me of JF Berube. Trying to out smart everyone

I don't love the idea of waiving Bolduc but we are at the point with a new coaching staff and full training camp this was his chance to cement his spot on the roster.

Reactions: MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Right and I agree. I'd waive him but don't want to lose him. These are all replacement level guys with different skill sets. Obviously Whalstrom is the best shooter, best checker. Fasching can grind and has the best puck protection, Gauthier has the speed.
Usually, the ‘safe’ player is the guy like Fasching as we get deeper into the season.

Gauthier may start the season as Roy goes all in on speed, but unless Gauthier changes his game to play defense and do things away from the puck, he’ll be back in the press box or AHL and Fasching will take his spot.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don't love the idea of waiving Bolduc but we are at the point with a new coaching staff and full training camp this was his chance to cement his spot on the roster.
Yeah this is not on Lou. If he gets claimed it would be a shame but I’m not getting upset over this.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Yeah this is not on Lou. If he gets claimed it would be a shame but I’m not getting upset over this.
It’s on Lou for keeping himon the roster last year when he was clearly over his head. Bolduc easily cost us 4-6 points last season. He should have been waived at end of last years training camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad