OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
2.) She had George Pickens as a name to keep an eye on for WRs that could be moved. Which I hope is just dumb speculation on her part and not anything she’s actually hearing
Trading Pickens wouldn't even make sense if it were for an elite WR. We'd be right back where we are only paying big money for it. It's got to just be dumb media speculation.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Ashton Jeanty is him. 5'9, built like a fridge. Super vision and can sift. Strong on his feet and a north-south runner. I don't think he runs against any real prolific defenses, but he's averaging 10.9 ypc and 16 TDs. Cool prospect.

The two interesting things from her article I thought:

1.) Adams is concerned that Rodgers may not stick around in NY beyond this year and wouldn’t want to be there without him.

2.) She had George Pickens as a name to keep an eye on for WRs that could be moved. Which I hope is just dumb speculation on her part and not anything she’s actually hearing

Only way Pickens gets traded is if Fields gets f***ed here. Pickens and Fields are really close friends. I think Pickens will continue to kind of under perform as long as he has Fields. If they put Russ in I could see Pickens wanting out because he's coming up on a contract year and he wants to get paid. He would have to initiate a request. If he is actually on the trade block...there are way more issues than the fanbase even knows about.

I think Pickens with the right QB is a top 3 WR. And engaged Pickens is a true bully WR.

Last edited:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Commanders aren't even playing that well and they're gonna beat them by 30 lol. Legit think Jameis Winston is gonna start in the next few weeks if they continue to lose

The good news for the Browns at least is that if they cut Watson this offseason, they’ll only have a $177,000,000 dead cap hit.

I seriously don’t know what they do. They can’t play him but they also can’t get rid of him.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
The good news for the Browns at least is that if they cut Watson this offseason, they’ll only have a $177,000,000 dead cap hit.

I seriously don’t know what they do. They can’t play him but they also can’t get rid of him.
Not entirely sure but I think they can spread that dead cap hit over 2 years? At least they have their 1st round pick this year. I think if they finish with a top 5 pick, they draft a replacement and move on.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh

I'm guessing the Browns front office are praying Watson's legal issues bring him down and the NFL somehow rescues them but I am not sure how that would play out cap wise.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Ashton Jeanty is him. 5'9, built like a fridge. Super vision and can sift. Strong on his feet and a north-south runner. I don't think he runs against any real prolific defenses, but he's averaging 10.9 ypc and 16 TDs. Cool prospect.

He is the closest I have ever seen to Barry Sanders. His vision is just ridiculous.

I’ve said for years that RBs are not worth a first round pick unless they have Sanders like ability. And Jeanty appears to be that.

I know he played very well against Washington State but I need to see him against a decent Power 5 team. Looking at the Boise schedule and that won’t happen unless they make the playoffs.

But man could that be a fun watch.

• Love
Reactions: Ulf5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad