D Nolan Allan - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2021, 32nd, CHI)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

First Prokop, now Allan? T-birds makin' a RUN, baby!

Yup but they desperately needed those 2 as their defense was awful and Korchinski is a major liability. Now they can have Prokop and Allan play 30 minutes each and eat the tough minutes. Great return for PA though and likely will have 3 top 10 picks this upcoming draft with their 1st, Kelowna and Edmonton.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'll forever know this guy as the defensemen taken before Zellweger.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wow adding Allen and Prokop to this squad is unreal... Sure they have given up alot of future picks and younger guys but Seattle's youth is still looking real impressive... I love seeing Bil Laforge doing this... Former GM Russ Farwell was never one to trade away future picks like Bil is doing

Now let's hope Celebrini and Brad Lambert come too lol.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Wow adding Allen and Prokop to this squad is unreal... Sure they have given up alot of future picks and younger guys but Seattle's youth is still looking real impressive... I love seeing Bil Laforge doing this... Former GM Russ Farwell was never one to trade away future picks like Bil is doing

Now let's hope Celebrini and Brad Lambert come too lol.

They got a haul for Oremba, and they're set for the future too. Such a well run organization. Getting Sawchyn signed was quite a feat too.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Blazers, Tbirds, Winterhawks, Ice.
All these top teams need more solid veteran defenses, this year will be interesting.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Steady SAH defender for Hogs as first year pro and 2nd youngest Hog player (Marcel Marcel youngest)

2 assists in 13 games while leading team with +3

For a guy who was almost universally panned as reach/poor pick he is coming along nicely as prospect even if unspectacular

He and Del Mastro are key among next wave of young Hawk defensive prospects

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Steady SAH defender for Hogs as first year pro and 2nd youngest Hog player (Marcel Marcel youngest)

2 assists in 13 games while leading team with +3

For a guy who was almost universally panned as reach/poor pick he is coming along nicely as prospect even if unspectacular

He and Del Mastro are key among next wave of young Hawk defensive prospects

He was still a reach. Should not have been a first rounder.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He was still a reach. Should not have been a first rounder.
With revisionist history they could have got Zellweger, Scott morrow, stankoven and knies but if he turns into a solid shutdown d man who can log minutes not a bad pick at all at 32 but with revisionist view knies would look really good next to bedard

Reactions: wetcoast

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
With revisionist history they could have got Zellweger, Scott morrow, stankoven and knies but if he turns into a solid shutdown d man who can log minutes not a bad pick at all at 32 but with revisionist view knies would look really good next to bedard
I didn’t really know Knies or Morrow at the time but Zellweger and Stankoven already looked like better picks on draft day.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I didn’t really know Knies or Morrow at the time but Zellweger and Stankoven already looked like better picks on draft day.
Yeah I thought they both should have went higher as well the ducks are gonna probably have one of the deepest bluelines and all their weak spots so far are ones that can get filled in FA. One more top 6 forward maybe but they can draft that this or next year

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I hated the pick mostly because the Hawks didn’t need defenseman but he was outstanding for Seattle last year. No-1 caliber on many nights in the playoffs. Tough decisions for Davidson to make in that department because there’s a future NHL top-4 somewhere in Chicago’s pipeline but some good ones should develop nicely elsewhere.

Reactions: CallMeShaft and pvr

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Barring a waiver pickup/trade changing situation Allan has won roster spot to start season

Maybe just a taste until Kaiser comes back from injury, but he earned it with strong camp and preseason

Beat out a crowded field including Korchinski (Who will start this year in AHL) and Del Mastro
I read somewhere that they sent Korchinski to the minors because he still has to learn the defensive side of the game and they couldn't last year because the only option was WHL or NHL and I think it 's a good move.

I think Allan could become a really good 4/5 Dman as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad