• Trade

Votes: 147 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
would be funny if they traded him right before the NMC kicks in.

congrats to swayman for getting all the extra crumbs he was able to get.

congrats to everyone here for not having to read about this nonsense anymore.
Oh it is not over, just the theme changes a little.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Happy Swayman is signed as this whole situation was really dragging down my enthusiasm for this upcoming season. In the end, they more or less landed where most people thought they would at 8 years in the $7.5-8.5 million range. I can't help but look at the end result and wonder if it was worth all the public nastiness and bad blood from both sides to get here. Feels like this could've and should've been signed months ago without all the extra theatrics and missed training camp.

That's a lot of years and a lot of money for a goaltender. I think Swayman will ultimately be well-worth the gamble and we'll hopefully all look back on this contract as a great deal a few years from now. For Swayman, there's going be a major shift in his perception with the media and general fanbase from here on out; he's no longer the overachieving up-and-comer, he's now THE GUY and is being paid like he's THE GUY. I sure hope he has Tuukka on speed-dial for advice as he's undoubtably going to hear about it whenever he has a bad game moving forward.

Here's hoping he has a list of all the bad things the Florida Panthers said about him on the ice last year for when they meet them in the playoffs again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad