Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I like Maclean but imo he isnt that fast of a skater . I had Foudy pegged as someone that makes the team over Fasching if Roy thinks his speed will help cause chaos on the 4th line . I know theres the whole right hand shot / left hand shot angle to consider as well .

Under that theory, you would think Roy would have stuck with Gauthier. But he was quickly in the doghouse and never to be heard from again in 2024 (so far).

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
From an unreliable rumor site if you're interested in speculation fun...
Dobson/Lee for Caufield/Matheson/Reinbacher and 25' 1st.

I wouldn't be so quick to shoot this trade down.

Under that theory, you would think Roy would have stuck with Gauthier. But he was quickly in the doghouse and never to be heard from again in 2024 (so far).
I’m hopeful that Roy gives Gauthier a clean slate this camp.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I wouldn't be so quick to shoot this trade down.
Have you seen Montreal fans? They’d remove both young players, add in Gallagher and some guy who’s barely a fringe minor leaguer while claiming the 1st is enough to offset the cap dump that is Brendan Gallagher.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I wouldn't even dare give up Dobson for Caufield, we badly need puck movers on
We need to see less of the number on the back of Dobson’s jersey as he gets turned inside out in the D zone or the bloom is gonna come off his rose real fast.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
lol no thanks x 1000 to that proposal
It's an overpay by MTL. Dobson value wise is probably Caufield, Matheson and 1st or Caufield, Matheson and Reinbacher. No way Lee's value is a 1st or Reinbacher with his salary and age. Reinbacher did well in his small sample size in the AHL.

If any kind of trade were to occur with Dobson, this would be the type that would be palatable. Especially if Dobson is looking at 10mil. This trade would not upset me in the least, and would be signs of the retool that folks here have been clamoring for. Would seem to make Nelson expendable for the same kind of package style.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Isles have $66,000,000 reasons to play it slow with Sorokin. Doubtful he’s playing anytime soon.

Agree, but he's also the one X-factor that could make this team contender. No one is knocking Varly, but Sorokin is truly special when he's at the top of his game...At a position that could really carry a team in the playoffs.

We have no shot without him, so will be hard to let him sit if he's close to playing and the team isn't in a playoff spot come Thanksgiving.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Agree, but he's also the one X-factor that could make this team contender. No one is knocking Varly, but Sorokin is truly special when he's at the top of his game...At a position that could really carry a team in the playoffs.

We have no shot without him, so will be hard to let him sit if he's close to playing and the team isn't in a playoff spot come Thanksgiving.

While I agree with you that a healthy Sorokin is the key to a Cup run, but I do have faith in Varly that he can keep this team in a playoff spot come Thanksgiving.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I think at this point there are are like 5 AHL guys I'd rather see in the lineup than Engvall. He doesn't score, he doesn't PK, he doesn't serve a role on the PP. He's just fast.... but we have that elsewhere. Right now I'd definitely rather see Foudy or Gauthier, and I think I could make an argument for Wahlstrom, Karlstrom or Maggio.

And btw, a buyout of Engvall's contract would be 1M a year for 12 seasons... so saves us 2M for the next 7 and then is an extra 1M starting sometime in the 2030s. So you call up someone on a min contract and save 1.2M a year. Not nothing!

Reactions: Lek

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I think at this point there are are like 5 AHL guys I'd rather see in the lineup than Engvall. He doesn't score, he doesn't PK, he doesn't serve a role on the PP. He's just fast.... but we have that elsewhere. Right now I'd definitely rather see Foudy or Gauthier, and I think I could make an argument for Wahlstrom, Karlstrom or Maggio.

And btw, a buyout of Engvall's contract would be 1M a year for 12 seasons... so saves us 2M for the next 7 and then is an extra 1M starting sometime in the 2030s. So you call up someone on a min contract and save 1.2M a year. Not nothing!
...after like two preseason games?

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

I'm still hoping Roy can get Engval to play like a Man....
If not, the buyout maybe something worth thinking about if he offers nothing more than what we have seen.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'm still hoping Roy can get Engval to play like a Man....
If not, the buyout maybe something worth thinking about if he offers nothing more than what we have seen.
I know we can bitch a ton but I think Engvall was a much better player after the coaching change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad