Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
See...No one is making anything up. Lou just refuses to share, and it's so f***ing dumb. You think anyone in NHL circles, where agents/players/execs talk on a daily basis, didn't know that Sorokin was injured and that he had a procedure of some sort???

And what Lou...You really think that opposing teams are going to aim their shots at Sorokin's back now??? I can hear the opposing coaches now, "OK You guys...We're playing the Islanders tonight. No shots from in front of the net or you're doing a bag skate tomorrow. Now let's go..."

Perif already in mid-season form . . .

You’ve been here since 2012 and haven’t learned yet?
I was still in puberty at age 12

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
If everything that went right last year continues to stay the same or improve, and the things that went wrong last year now suddenly go right, this is easily a 100+ point team.
I love it because ask anyone not on the Isles board and the predictions are bottom 5-10, bottom feeders etc. I think they really can surprise. They had the most f***ing blown leads I've ever seen to boot in addition to the PK etc. Had they won half of those OTLs they would've been sitting much higher, tied with TOR with 102 last season.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
"But sometimes, there’s a moment where you don’t want to give in to someone: ‘Why is he skating into the middle to try and get around me? Has he lost his mind? This is my zone – my house, damn it. He’s come in with dirty feet, leaving a mess. What does he think he’s doing? If he tries to cut through the center – that’s it, goodbye.’ Well, relatively speaking. If you think about it this way, why should any player – whether it’s [Connor] McDavid or not – be skating freely around my zone? If I have a chance, I’ll hit him. End of story.”

I'm ready for the season now
tbh I think the paragraph that precedes it really important:

"Romanov is also known for some bone-crushing hits. But he doesn’t have it in his mind too much, apparently. “You’d have to be a pretty simple-minded player to have a role model for body checking. What kind of role model is that anyway?” he says. “The problem is, I might not even like doing body checks. I don’t need them at all. I want to play hockey, score goals – just like everyone else on the ice.”

Shorter Romanov: "Yeah, I hit, but not like a meathead. Also, take your shoes off. I can't believe your parents raised you this way."

Reactions: NYI365

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The isles need goalie depth, so they sign a 29 year old out of Sweden for 2 years in…May … just after losing to Carolina on April 30.

Kinkaid on a PTO in September…he was on the Devils w/Schneider, so beyond a local boy without a job, that’s the connection there.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The isles need goalie depth, so they sign a 29 year old out of Sweden for 2 years in…May … just after losing to Carolina on April 30.

Kinkaid on a PTO in September…he was on the Devils w/Schneider, so beyond a local boy without a job, that’s the connection there.
Re: the Kinkaid PTO, if Sorokin is mostly rehabbing during camp it could just be as simple as they need another goalie to rotate through practices/scrimmages.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Re: the Kinkaid PTO, if Sorokin is mostly rehabbing during camp it could just be as simple as they need another goalie to rotate through practices/scrimmages.
Probably. The signing of Hogberg so early after the season seems to indicate the Isles knew something was happening with Sorokin and wanted to protect themselves early in the process.

Otherwise, Hogberg signs on to be a depth piece behind Sorokin and Varly - a number one and number one a with 3 and 8 more years on their contracts?

Unless he really likes Bridgeport, CT.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I love it because ask anyone not on the Isles board and the predictions are bottom 5-10, bottom feeders etc. I think they really can surprise. They had the most f***ing blown leads I've ever seen to boot in addition to the PK etc. Had they won half of those OTLs they would've been sitting much higher, tied with TOR with 102 last season.
You are what your record is - Bill Parcells

It seems that every year in the NFL there’s a couple of teams that go 6-10 (yeah I know it’s 17 games now) and then their supporters quote a stat that they lost 7 of those games by a combined 26 points.

A loss is a loss. Winning teams find a way to win.

Reactions: Ishkabible and MJF

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
You are what your record is - Bill Parcells

It seems that every year in the NFL there’s a couple of teams that go 6-10 (yeah I know it’s 17 games now) and then their supporters quote a stat that they lost 7 of those games by a combined 26 points.

A loss is a loss. Winning teams find a way to win.
The big Tuna was always blunt. It's certainly a rally cry for our crazed French leader to perhaps get the fellas hungry to actually start off hot this year. He can use the stats of all the blown third periods too. Sounds easy! LGI

Reactions: The Real JT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad