Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Creating space for something, whatever it is. Joseph and a third for future considerations...
Could be just... creating space. They signed a couple of other wingers yesterday. They've been trying to move Joseph - this gives them some flexibility for whatever (trade, signing Pinto, etc.).

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
DC, I have to disagree. I think Pinto allows the Roy to run out a top 9 5v5 that is really strong. Barzal - Horvat, Nelson - Palmieri, and Pinto- Duclair - Tsyplakov, Holmstrom, Lee or Engvall rounding out the top 9.

Pinto fits perfect on the PP 1 as an upgrade over Palmieri -

Pinto and Horvat play bumper depending on when the puck is on the left or right side halfwall - both are strong front net presence with Nelson and Barzal on the half wall. PP is a game of timing - IMO, handedness plays a big difference when u don’t have those high end snipers.

Puck on the left side -
Barzal (halfwall) and Pinto (down low) -having RH shooters, where they can protect the puck better as they play catch. Horvat Bumper and Nelson on the RW shooting a lot.

Puck on the right side
Nelson or Horvat can flip flop half wall and down low - creating movement and protecting the puck as left hand shooters. Barzal on LW sniper and Pinto in the bumper -

Puck to the point Pinto and Horvat in front -

Palmieri tied for the team lead in PPGs last season. It's really Engvall and Pageau that we need to remove from the PP altogether. Duclair is taking Engvall's spot, but we need someone who can win draws to take Pageau's. Pinto fits that bill if he comes in

Reactions: isles55

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yep, I keep swirling around the names Labanc and Norlinder as camp invitees.

Maybe the fact that Labanc is a Staten Island guy has me thinking he'd just like to try being closer to home at this stage.

But then he could just go to the Rangers' camp...
If we didn’t already have MacLean and Fasching I’d be more interested in Labanc. I like his game from 3 years ago, but he doesn’t drive offense anymore. PTO him for camp? Absolutely.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Palmieri tied for the team lead in PPGs last season. It's really Engvall and Pageau that we need to remove from the PP altogether. Duclair is taking Engvall's spot, but we need someone who can win draws to take Pageau's. Pinto fits that bill if he comes in
It’s a good point but would rather have Palmieir not on PP1 - Lee can take draws.

Engvall is strong at gaining the zone

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Anaheim needs veterans for their kiddie corps. They get flexibility and a two way player. They get a former first rounder they may be able to get some life out of. Then, next season when they are out of it (again), they can flip JGP for another draft assets at the deadline.

If Lou were to manage to get Pinto in a deal in which Pageau would be part of the package, then theoretically you've gotta think Anaheim would be very interested in a Cizikas as well.

But I just mean in general.

Not in any kind of deal bringing back a Zegras, of course, where they should demand as much as possible.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Predators out here signing elite talent and we're celebrating potential salary dump trades and an AHL defensemen signing with other teams.

Lou treating us to another offseason of mediocrity, and way too many fans are tolerating it by focusing on other things and/or not having high enough standards for their GM.

"Anthony Duclair - Come get the Cup!"

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The Predators out here signing elite talent and we're celebrating potential salary dump trades and an AHL defensemen signing with other teams.

Lou treating us to another offseason of mediocrity, and way too many fans are tolerating it by focusing on other things and/or not having high enough standards for their GM.

You would be flipping out if they signed Stamkos to 4 years at $8 million per to be fair.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

You realize Nashville has become somewhat of a destination similar to Vegas, Florida, Tampa, Dallas, etc. are because of the warmer weather, less taxes, and plenty of entertainment that appeals to the average hockey player.

The only attractive area of New York to the average hockey player is Manhattan.

When are you going to embrace that fact that this organization is what it is because it's none of what I mentioned above.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

We're fans of a sports team, we don't work for them and have no direct input as to what decisions are or aren't made. Discussing the team on a fan forum is supposed to be fun but instead we're met with your disapproval at every turn because we don't have high enough standards or are focusing on the wrong thing according to you.

What exactly would you like me to do? Am I supposed to called Lamoriello and tell him to sign Stamkos? Am I supposed to call Ledecky and Malkin and tell them to fire Lamoriello and replace him with you? Maybe I should call Stamkos' agent or his cell directly to convince him to come play for My New York Islanders.

Why aren't you making any tangible difference for the team?

Not every post needs to be about the doom and gloom you see. Not every post needs to be about how we're all to blame because we don't have high enough standards. Let people have a discussion without chiming in with this crap constantly.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You would be flipping out if they signed Stamkos to 4 years at $8 million per to be fair.

If you think that then you don't know me. I don't know how many times I have to say, "Go. big or go home." Lou continues to "go average" and that's why this team was just a fringe playoff team for the 3rd year in a row.

If you're going to gum up your cap, then do so with future hall of famers - Not a better version of Pierre Engvall.

And how about the Marchessault signing by our old friend Trotz? Dude had 42 goals last year and is all heart & soul...For 5.5M/year. Even if he fades towards the back end of that deal, that's better then the Jeckyll & Hyde Duclair for 2M less.

Heck - I'd rather have Skinner for ONE year 3M than Duclair for 4 years. He's now about to be on his 9th team in 12 NHL seasons.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Heck - I'd rather have Skinner for ONE year 3M than Duclair for 4 years. He's now about to be on his 9th team in 12 NHL seasons.
I agree, with this statement. Rather have 1 year of Skinner, give the young guys in Bridgeport another year to develop.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You realize Nashville has become somewhat of a destination similar to Vegas, Florida, Tampa, Dallas, etc. are because of the warmer weather, less taxes, and plenty of entertainment that appeals to the average hockey player.

The only attractive area of New York to the average hockey player is Manhattan.

When are you going to embrace that fact that this organization is what it is because it's none of what I mentioned above.

It doesn't even matter. Nashville was on the verge of rebuilding and now Trotz has pushed all the chips into the middle with these moves. Stamkos is 34, Marchessault is 33, O'Reilly is 33, Skjei is 30...when you take a look at the roster there are still issues and I'm not sure Stamkos or Marchessault will be as productive in Nashville as they were in Vegas and Tampa Bay.

They're a playoff team for sure but are they talented enough to win a cup as currently constructed? I'm not convinced of that.

We'll ignore any questions about that roster though because Trotz+activity=good. Lamoriello+anything other than resignation=bad.

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad