Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
You have got to wonder after the waiver pickup by SJ and the PLD trade how the hell Lou could not get rid of Lee AND Pageau for a fraction of what we originally thought if he truly wanted to. Both contracts he signed mind you.

Reactions: MJF

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Third goalie
Low aav? If this guy's getting over 900k, that would just be stupid.
I would think in some situations agents/GMs land on total dollar value first and then back into the years depending on the situation. That might be the case here, just a shot in the dark.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Bold move for WSH. PLD 7 more years $8.5AAV

They’re banking on him being the player he’s supposed to be
They're gonna try to squeeze as much as they can out of the final couple Ovechkin years. I don't really blame them for swinging for the fences. He's a top 15 player ever. They owe him not to tank out in his swan song.

Third goalie

I would think in some situations agents/GMs land on total dollar value first and then back into the years depending on the situation. That might be the case here, just a shot in the dark.
My point is that he shouldn't be getting enough dollars for that to matter. He's a min salary player.

Reactions: SI90

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
You have got to wonder after the waiver pickup by SJ and the PLD trade how the hell Lou could not get rid of Lee AND Pageau for a fraction of what we originally thought if he truly wanted to. Both contracts he signed mind you.
Pageau is gonna be available now lmao. I think we should find a way to get him dealt if possible. my guess? Utah.

Get ready for Lou to run it back. Again.
Lou has already been pretty active this offseason. I think draft night is when the fireworks go off for us.

Pageau and Lee are 100% on the table now, and I bet they could look to move up if they like someone.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Also has bob said anything? I heard that Lilejren has been put on the table for Toronto now. Might get very interesting.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Agreed, it seems foolish to trade a young 70 point RD for a winger; but if that is what's being discussed, I'd try to move Dobson and Pageau for Marner plus, with that plus being a young fast forward like Knies and RD Liljegren (Isles could probably use a RD coming back, though Lilj is not a great Dman). I'd be very surprised if either Romanov or Pelech would be the main defensive piece coming back - I think they could get much more for Marner elsewhere.
Right? This is what baffles me about these trade scenarios here.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ok, then how about we trade his rights for Kaliyev's?

Maybe they just both need a change of scenary? And Kaliyev is from nearby Staten Island, so that could be a nice sidestory, right?

Or let's look at Pelletier in Calgary or Soderstrom in Utah or Berggren in Detroit?

Or perhaps dive a bit deeper and see if a Ryan Suzuki or Emil Heineman might just become something under other circumstances...

There are a number of Wahlstrom situations (or similar) out there.

Why don't we as a fanbase get to see this type of thing from this management group?

I'll tell what we do get to see...

Dal Colle whithers away into nothing.
Ho-Sang whithers away into nothing.
Wilde whithers away into nothing.
Bellows gets claimed off waivers while whithering away into nothing.
Salo whithers away into nothing.

Soon Wahlstrom and maybe/likely Bolduc too?

Prolly Iskhakov and Koivula shortly thereafter, right?

Be this due to drafting, due to development, due to stubbornness to trade while value is there...

Regardless, it's the pattern the fanbase gets to see.

Be curious to get your take on Holmstrom and Iskhakov - both RFA's this summer.

During Lou's time with NJ, the AHL club was nicknamed "Lou U" - because the Devils used to let players "marinate" in minor pro more than some other organizations.

Is that still possible in the current cap era or are those two destined for greener pastures elsewhere?

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
MacLean is very much in play for a bottom six role, so to get him at that number is definitely a good move for Lou. Coupled with the flyer signing with Tsyplakov and the trade down to get an extra 2nd rounder and he is off to a good start....

Let's hope he keeps it up.

That means no 4 year/10 million re-ups for Clutterbuck or Martin and no 5year/35 million extensions for Nelson, Lou!!!!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
MacLean is very much in play for a bottom six role, so to get him at that number is definitely a good move for Lou. Coupled with the flyer signing with Tsyplakov and the trade down to get an extra 2nd rounder and he is off to a good start....

Let's hope he keeps it up.

That means no 4 year/10 million re-ups for Clutterbuck or Martin and no 5year/35 million extensions for Nelson, Lou!!!!
He's had a great start. Looking forward to him continuing. I think we see Dobson and Romanov extensions July 1st too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad