Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Columbus has a pretty decent defense corp, and they're all under team control. They need offense badly.
They have a solid Left side, their right side is mediocre, hence Pulock as an option. They have a TON of youngsters for offense.

Marchenko
Fantilli
Voronkov
Johnson
Chinakov
Sillinger
Brindley

None are over 23. What they don't have is a stud RHD who can eat up minutes and be defensively effective.
Severson? Boqvist? Gudbranson? That's your starting RHD for CBJ.

Heck, they could probably use a Cizikas type player too.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
A better top line partner for Barzal-Horvat pushes Casey back to 3rd line if we deal Pageau. Or, as you see below, would you want Cizikas with 3 more years after this or Nico Sturm at $2 million for one more year after this? A lateral trade with San Jose means we save a few bucks and a few more years of flexibility.

McLean, Holms, Engvall are all bottom 6 fits and well-placed there (I'd bet it would make a heck of a good 3rd line too. Signing FA's specifically for the bottom 6 should be less than $1,500,000 each. Plenty will fit the bill. Save the bucks for one big acquisition via trade. Friggin' Noesen is on LEAGUE MINIMUM. So was Heinen. Both would have been terrific bottom 6 for us. Nico Sturm is a high percentage faceoff guy and very effective PK'er for $2 million. This is how you fill the bottom 6, not overpaying for players who had a hot year to get to 15-20 goals..

Nico Sturm for Pageau pretty much straight up is a deal I'd very much be on board with.

Also, until we see him sign elsewhere (or re-up with Nashville), I'm still thinking Beauvillier is a real option for the 4th line.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
They have a solid Left side, their right side is mediocre, hence Pulock as an option. They have a TON of youngsters for offense.
Right, but trading capital isn't infinite. My guess is that they'd rather make a bigger upgrade at offense than a minor one at RD.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Right, but trading capital isn't infinite. My guess is that they'd rather make a bigger upgrade at offense than a minor one at RD.

Okay, let's offer
Nelson
Pulock
Wally
for
Laine
Marchenko
Bokvist

They get an experienced scoring center, their #1 RD and a forward project, we get the Barzal-Horvat winger, a 23-year old coming off a breakout year and we get a defensive project. The numbers work out well since Marchenko is an RFA and will get a raise.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Okay, let's offer
Nelson
Pulock
Wally
for
Laine
Marchenko
Bokvist

They get an experienced scoring center, their #1 RD and a forward project, we get the Barzal-Horvat winger, a 23-year old coming off a breakout year and we get a defensive project. The numbers work out well since Marchenko is an RFA and will get a raise.
That's a loser for Columbus.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I hope Lou takes Roy’s input on the players he needs to play his system. The team that finished the season certainly doesn’t have enough players to do so.
Absolutely
I don’t see Mayfield, Pelech, Martin as Roy guys
Lack of skating and skill.

Reactions: ekill08x

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Oh man. I just know who is going to repl-
J8uCdkg.png

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Also, until we see him sign elsewhere (or re-up with Nashville), I'm still thinking Beauvillier is a real option for the 4th line.

Of course he is. Lou will never resist keeping everyone on board...Even if he once traded them.

What happened to Beauvillier's game is more mysterious than whatever is going on with Sorokin. He's still only 26 and went 15-13-28 in only 43 games just 2 years ago. He's since been traded 3 times and for just a 5th round pick the last 2 deals (which were only 4 months apart). I mean for the Blackhawks to give up on him when they need (young) help everywhere in half a season really speaks volumes. You have to wonder if he really wants to play anymore.

I could see him being in the AHL/out of the league next season.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Funny how Lohrei scored ANOTHER goal from that angle again. Man he did that to us earlier in the year and yet we would've never heard the end of it had it happened to Ilya...

But this is for another thread.

On another note, someone did mention that the Jets DO need a RHD, so I really do wonder if the Islanders even try considering trading Pulock even with the NTC. He would need to waive if it even comes to fruition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad