Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Expecting Clutter to play the majority of the season and next was always a fool’s errand.

Varly has barely been out and his absence can’t be used an excuse for the games that Sorokin has faltered. That’s on Sorokin.

I’ll reluctantly admit that we’ve missed Palmieri far more than I expected.

Aside from Pelech, absences like the ones I referenced shouldn’t affect a team with Cup aspirations.
Fasching thus far if he can keep it up should force isles to force clutterbuck to be fully healthy before he plays again rather than trying to play at 70 percent or whatever. Palmieri is good player especially on PPP line, if and when he’s ready it will be interesting if he pushes bailey out and they try Holmstrom again with Barzal and Wahlstrom.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Heard Lou's BS State of the Team interview.

-Softball questions. Ask him why his team is so f***ing mediocre.
-Andrew Gross is petrified of Lou.
-No one asked about augmenting the roster directly, reporters then danced around the subject, Lou gave his generic 'we're always looking to improve the team...<blah blah blah... insert the same thing I said the last time>'
-Pelech isn't skating.
-Lou keeps calling Andrew Gross Mark.
-Lou is very pleased with the results so far (a WC2 team, really!?!?).
-Lou is willing to sacrifice D for O.
-Thinks Dobson needs to be more assertive in the D zone. I agree, finally some details.
-Reporters generally seem scared of Lou, hence the softball questions and perseveration on day-to-day injuries and fluff content.
You call it fear, but more likely it's experience to know that he won't answer the hard questions anyway, so why bother putting yourself in a bad position with no pay off other than a bunch of Islander fans lauding your bravery. They are a in a spot where they have to play politics.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't get the Romanov hate. Maybe some of these fans don't remember having defenseman like him. He's exactly what you get with a hard hitting young guy still learning the game. Once he's polished he'll be a force, there's no doubt in my mind. Not worried about him at all. One of the few trades Lou has made that's not meant to pay-off right now. Will be a beaut in the future.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I don't get the Romanov hate. Maybe some of these fans don't remember having defenseman like him. He's exactly what you get with a hard hitting young guy still learning the game. Once he's polished he'll be a force, there's no doubt in my mind. Not worried about him at all. One of the few trades Lou has made that's not meant to pay-off right now. Will be a beaut in the future.

Same here. I dont get the hate. Defensively romo has been fine i think.

Not sure what this speculation could be or if it's just that, pure speculation.

Arent we in the rostee freeze?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Makes sense. No reason to force Clutter into action right now, or Varly for that matter either. The Isles can roll with Sorokin and Schneider as the backup, and this gives them more time to evaluate Holmstrom and Fasching (who could be a solid bottom-six player on the cheap). Let's rock!

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Hudson Fasching and Simon Holmstrom have *BOTH* been recalled from loan.

Who writes these?

Def questionable phrasing, but I assume the poster was probably thinking about all three recalls, including Schneider as an emergency recall, and just didn't fix the text accordingly.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Good for Schneider. Most guys in his spot would just walk away. This guy is still playing (well I might add), riding the busses, teaching the kids, etc. Gets a call up here and there back to the good life. Talk about a mental whirlwind.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Good for Schneider. Most guys in his spot would just walk away. This guy is still playing (well I might add), riding the busses, teaching the kids, etc. Gets a call up here and there back to the good life. Talk about a mental whirlwind.
He's waiting for Ken Daneyko to depart from NHL Network until then he'll be riding the bus.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
He has a guaranteed $750K contract to play a sport (sometimes).

Walk away? I think not. Same goes for Bailey next year and his salary is way higher.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He has a guaranteed $750K contract to play a sport (sometimes).

Walk away? I think not. Same goes for Bailey next year and his salary is way higher.
He’s already earned more than $51M in his career, he’s not a lower end guy fighting off his last days to make coin before reality sets in. He’s 36, countless injuries, etc. He’s not a vanilla forward that can hang around. Even Andy Greene and Zajac had more earning potential, but walked while playing the NHL. Bailey has also earned more than $45M in his career…ha!

He’ll get paid ~500k as a coach out of the gate, 250-500k as a commentator. His $750k isn’t that big of bridge in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad