Roster Building XXII: Too Many Forwards, Hopefully One Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Secretly, he likes the food talk.
The best part is hands down the GDT names

Edit: wasnt there also a year where Carolina fans here did a huge bandwagon signup and were dispersed to different teams on the mainboards? Coulda been another team and im misremembering. That was fun and funny to follow along with

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
The best part is hands down the GDT names

Edit: wasnt there also a year where Carolina fans here did a huge bandwagon signup and were dispersed to different teams on the mainboards? Coulda been another team and im misremembering. That was fun and funny to follow along with
That was my doing, yes.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Friendly reminder that…

Noesen - Aho - Jarvis
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Fast
Drury - Staal - Necas
Stepan - Stastny - MacEachern

… demolished New Jersey in a playoff series ~14 months ago.

Hockey is weird like that sometimes. New York went to the Conference Finals with Roslovic as a big deadline add, but got bounced in the 1st round when it was Patrick Kane.

The bottom 6 is less skilled, yes. However, it’s going to frustrate the crap out of the opposition’s best players. They’ll grind them into dust.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I have absolutely no idea. I just came back after several years away. Had to have been before the Canes were a consistent playoff team though because there'd be no reason for a bandwagon draft otherwise.
Yeah I was just curious if you knew the year but its no difference really; a long time ago Im sure, but a fun thread indeed. Welcome back

@SlavinAway ive spent more time here than the account would suggest, now that this has come up

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Friendly reminder that…

Noesen - Aho - Jarvis
Martinook - Kotkaniemi - Fast
Drury - Staal - Necas
Stepan - Stastny - MacEachern

… demolished New Jersey in a playoff series ~14 months ago.

Hockey is weird like that sometimes. New York went to the Conference Finals with Roslovic as a big deadline add, but got bounced in the 1st round when it was Patrick Kane.

The bottom 6 is less skilled, yes. However, it’s going to frustrate the crap out of the opposition’s best players. They’ll grind them into dust.
They sure did - and theres reasons to that on both sides but mostly the type of pressure Carolina applies. Devils were too easily grinded into the ground as you say, though Fitzgerald has done some to fix that

Again, im certainly a jackass, but my quarrels with the team are simply what i believe takes them over the top vs what theyre doing. Not that they arent a good team. Their regression is overstated if one is to suggest they wont make the playoffs; theyll be fighting for the 2nd or 3rd spot, depending on how NJ does

Edit: unless injuries hit certain players

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
They sure did - and theres reasons to that on both sides but mostly the type of pressure Carolina applies. Devils were too easily grinded into the ground as you say, though Fitzgerald has done some to fix that

Again, im certainly a jackass, but my quarrels with the team are simply what i believe takes them over the top vs what theyre doing. Not that they arent a good team. Their regression is overstated if one is to suggest they wont make the playoffs; theyll be fighting for the 2nd or 3rd spot, depending on how NJ does

I doubt you'll find anyone on this board that disagrees.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I doubt you'll find anyone on this board that disagrees.
oh I know. ive also had the pleasure of agreeing many times over the years with moves Carolina has made here, including big playoff wins ive joined the GDT for against bigger rivals in recent years

But nonetheless the conversations died out for now - heres to seeing Jarvis and Necas deals done soon

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I feel like 2nd or 3rd in the Metro is fair, but that will depend on Kochetkov and Andersen more than anyone else.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Canes have 4 prospects listed in Wheeler's top 100:

9. Nikishin (tier 2, Celebrini is only player in tier 1)
48. Nadeau (tier 4)
69. Morrow (tier 5)
85. Blake (tier 6)
FUS seems to get slept on by a lot of the prospect guys. I think he could be top 100 and ranked above Blake. I do think Blake’s ceiling is higher tho. But FUS ceiling is Teravainen esque, but is a more likely a NHLer.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

Canes have 4 prospects listed in Wheeler's top 100:

9. Nikishin (tier 2, Celebrini is only player in tier 1)
48. Nadeau (tier 4)
69. Morrow (tier 5)
85. Blake (tier 6)

If you look at the top 100 being evenly distributed across the league that's basically 3 prospects per team. But you'd think it wouldn't be evenly distributed, you'd think it would be more heavily skewed towards the leagues bottom tier. So if this guy is anywhere near right, the Canes are doing very well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad