Roster Building XXII: Too Many Forwards, Hopefully One Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I am.. but Guentzel Teravainen Noesen Pesce Skjei and seemingly Kuznetsov arent

A regression doesnt mean missing the playoffs.. but talking about past 110 point seasons? Thats just not in any way realistic

Jarvis and Necas havent even been signed and bringing Necas another year closer to UFA with a bridge lowers his value further

Just seriously unsure what the goal is here - seems like Tulsky is out of his element handling the offseason this soon. To not get one of your RFAs done beforehand?
I see you brought a black hawk poster along for the ride.

Key item for you to understand, Jarvis and Necas are GOING to be signed, they not going anywhere and even If Necas is one more year closer to leaving it won’t Inpact next years results.

1) Carrier>Noesen
2) Incoming D < Skjei & Pesce but many Canes fans believe Pesce is a declining asset. Falloff may not be significant
3) TT is on the career decline but we will miss his D responsibility. I’d thinking Roslovic is going to be RBA’s target for replacing that D/PK value (TT’s goals were front loaded and he was/has been for a bit meh in playoffs last 2 years)
4) Jarvis and in particular Svetch in 2nd year after major knee surgery will improve and be more productive
5) Some young player will make his mark

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I see you brought a black hawk poster along for the ride.

Key item for you to understand, Jarvis and Necas are GOING to be signed, they not going anywhere and even If Necas is one more year closer to leaving it won’t Inpact next years results.

1) Carrier>Noesen
2) Incoming D < Skjei & Pesce but many Canes fans believe Pesce is a declining asset. Falloff may not be significant
3) TT is on the career decline but we will miss his D responsibility. I’d thinking Roslovic is going to be RBA’s target for replacing that D/PK value (TT’s goals were front loaded and he was/has been for a bit meh in playoffs last 2 years)
4) Jarvis and in particular Svetch in 2nd year after major knee surgery will improve and be more productive
5) Some young player will make his mark
Two guys who were playing 20 a night were lost for lesser talents; theres no spin to be put on it, losing an entire second pair affects a large part of the defense, whether they were declining or not; plus idk many 30yos who fall off but its possible

What makes Carrier better than Noesen besides game pace? He needs to actually be healthy enough to play the full-82 to outproduce Stefan

Jarvis will be seeing a larger responsibility and itll negate the improvements he likely makes; most 22yos dont elevate entire lines themselves after little to no experience doing so prior

The regression is being downplayed but I think its because nobody wanted this so its just your generic coping every fanbase does; what contender in the cap era saw this large a setback before winning?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The regression is being downplayed but I think its because nobody wanted this so its just your generic coping every fanbase does; what contender in the cap era saw this large a setback before winning?

Washington. Also, is your only purpose on the board to doom and gloom about the upcoming Canes team? Weird thing to do as an opposing fan.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Two guys who were playing 20 a night were lost for lesser talents; theres no spin to be put on it, losing an entire second pair affects a large part of the defense, whether they were declining or not; plus idk many 30yos who fall off but its possible

What makes Carrier better than Noesen besides game pace? He needs to actually be healthy enough to play the full-82 to outproduce Stefan

Jarvis will be seeing a larger responsibility and itll negate the improvements he likely makes; most 22yos dont elevate entire lines themselves after little to no experience doing so prior

Good night. Don’t you have devils problems to work out?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Listen, fan of team who still doesn’t get it.

They had a $100 million team last playoffs. That is more than the salary cap. They had to lose players. Its not f***ing rocket science.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Washington. Also, is your only purpose on the board to doom and gloom about the upcoming Canes team? Weird thing to do as an opposing fan.
There's even a more recent example:

Florida was the President's Trophy winner in 2022. Swept in the second round by Tampa. Lost Chiarot and Giroux as rentals and Marchment as a UFA, and then traded Huberdeau and Weegar. That's 2 top 6 forwards, another top 9 forward, and 2 top 4 D. They were also down Duclair for most of the season due to an offseason achilles injury.

They squeaked into the playoffs as the 8 seed before shocking the world and going on that playoff run. But they certainly took a step back for a good portion of the 22-23 season from the 21-22 #1 seed.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
You're still here?!

We've got our own Great Gazoo.

great gazoo.jpg

Reactions: SlavinAway

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
As @Anton Dubinchuk said the other day, just follow the directions in his username and stop feeding him.

We all expect the team to take a step back and regress some. The "positive" spin is more about not agreeing with some of the most dire predictions. Everyone understands that we are going to miss some of the guys that were here for the entire season, particularly Skjei, Pesce and TT.

It's time for some of our "drafting and developing" to start paying off. It might not this year, but I'm sure the Canes look at it as setting the table for future years. What could offset some of the loss at F is Svech, Necas (if he's signed) and KK having a bounce back year. Defense is likely going to take a hit.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
There's even a more recent example:

Florida was the President's Trophy winner in 2022. Swept in the second round by Tampa. Lost Chiarot and Giroux as rentals and Marchment as a UFA, and then traded Huberdeau and Weegar. That's 2 top 6 forwards, another top 9 forward, and 2 top 4 D. They were also down Duclair for most of the season due to an offseason achilles injury.

They squeaked into the playoffs as the 8 seed before shocking the world and going on that playoff run. But they certainly took a step back for a good portion of the 22-23 season from the 21-22 #1 seed.

Leaving out the return on that trade is certainly a choice

Let me know when we do something similar.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

• Haha
Reactions: Bub

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Leaving out the return on that trade is certainly a choice

Let me know when we do something similar.
Still down multiple top 6 forwards net.

Yes it was a bold move. One Carolina tried to make. But you can’t argue they gave up a hell of a lot of production in addition to what was lost in free agency.

Reactions: DaveG

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
When did Washington have something similar? Its possible I dont remember but idt their turnover was that great - Chicago did as well but it was after they won

And like ive said before, its just hockey talk; if I was shitting on the Hurricanes i wouldnt have been saying for the past two week they should have a Cup by now. Hard to shit on success; what im shitting on is getting over the hump

Good night. Don’t you have devils problems to work out?
They ate plenty of shit last year, so since I can still taste it ive got a good barometer for it

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Listen, fan of team who still doesn’t get it.

They had a $100 million team last playoffs. That is more than the salary cap. They had to lose players. Its not f***ing rocket science.
If you say so - the cap could have been managed differently from the beginning of this, instead of loading up six expiring contracts at once

As @Anton Dubinchuk said the other day, just follow the directions in his username and stop feeding him.

We all expect the team to take a step back and regress some. The "positive" spin is more about not agreeing with some of the most dire predictions. Everyone understands that we are going to miss some of the guys that were here for the entire season, particularly Skjei, Pesce and TT.

It's time for some of our "drafting and developing" to start paying off. It might not this year, but I'm sure the Canes look at it as setting the table for future years. What could offset some of the loss at F is Svech, Necas (if he's signed) and KK having a bounce back year. Defense is likely going to take a hit.
Carolina should still place 2nd-3rd above the Islanders; dont see how thats dire

Whats dire is Nikishin needs to get his ass over asap next summer

f***ing hot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad