Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Just posted this in the McG thread and wonder what ya’ll think

Carolina receives: McGroarty, WIN ‘24 1st
Winnipeg receives: Mailloux
Montreal receives: Necas
This seems like a L for Winnipeg and favored for us.

Mcgroarty is ranked around 18th and Mailloux is at 67.

I would do mcgroarty and Montreal’s 2nd for Necas or for Morrow and our 1st/Blake

Last edited:

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I maybe shouldn’t try my hand at prospect heavy proposals, don’t have the greatest read on their values. Jets fans seem pretty certain their org wouldn’t consider Mailloux which I can’t blame them for.

Reactions: Tryamw

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
What is the tax equivalent amount from Vancouver that Guentzel needs to match carokmna’s reported $64m offer?

I don’t know enough about their tax rules re: short year residency either.
that's not gonna get it done chat GPT GM but Tulsky already knows this. guentzel will get $9M aav or higher. to me, it's pay up for Guentzel or Skjei. they have the cap room for a massive contract, especially with orlov, freddie and burns coming off the books next year.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
maybe I'm wrong but first instinct is montreal gives up the worst piece and receives the best
Montreal has WPG 1st from a previous deal. I still wouldn't do it, but it's less lopsided than it looks initially.

Montreal
In: Necas
Out: Mailloux, WPG 1st (#26OA)
Winnipeg
In: Mailloux
Out: McGroarty
Carolina
In: McGroarty, WPG 1st (#26OA)
Out:  Necas

Reactions: MinJaBen

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
getting properly roasted for it on the trade board but I don’t think value is that far off even though Mon fans seem to think Mailloux is an untouchable god level prospect and Win fans wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Just posted this in the McG thread and wonder what ya’ll think

Carolina receives: McGroarty, WIN ‘24 1st
Winnipeg receives: Mailloux
Montreal receives: Necas
Why is Montreal involved? Seems like this could be done directly with Winnipeg or do you think they wouldn’t have interest in Necas?

Edit: nvm forgot they have winnipegs first from the Monahan trade.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I made offer people actually liked. How often does that happen on the main board?

Either way i had to retract it because jarry’s HD save percentage is awful. We have to get a good HD goalie because of the chances we give up.

That would make Korpisalo more of getting paid for to take him on as a backup than trading KK for Jarry

Reactions: Daeavorn

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think people have a higher impression of McGroarty than what he actually is as a player. His skating is pretty rough. He seems like he may be more of a net front guy than someone who drives play. He does compliment skill players pretty well but I don’t know that you’d call him one. Strong shot. Not saying we couldn’t use that, just not sure I’d use Necas for it.

If I were Winni I wouldn’t have signed him for a playoff run, and I wouldn’t assume he’d make the team next year either.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I made offer people actually liked. How often does that happen on the main board?

Either way i had to retract it because jarry’s HD save percentage is awful. We have to get a good HD goalie because of the chances we give up.

That would make Korpisalo more of getting paid for to take him on as a backup than trading KK for Jarry
It's a lot harder to deal with Jarry's contract if he doesn't rebound than it is Kotkaniemi's.

Add in that they can find a better deal at goalie to pair with Kochetkov next year after Freddie is done, and I don't see that trade making sense.

Ride out Andersen/Kochetkov this year. Find another way to deal with Kotkaniemi if you decide to. Find a better and likely more affordable goalie to pair with Kochetkov next year.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
Pesce moves closer to home. I am not shocked. I do hate that we may have to play him 4 times a year. I feel like Jersey is going to have a lot of overpaid dman soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad