Roster Building XX: How Many Patents Does Your GM Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I’d be curious to try and gauge what kind of addition would be needed on our end if a B Tkachuk/Necas deal was a possibility, but i’m not sure if asking that question on the main board or to Sens fans would be worth all of the “lol do you seriously think Necas could get you Tkachuk?” responses
Probably not worth it, they'll say nothing less than Aho starts the conversation

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I'd be down with Brady Tkachuk. He (IMO) could use a change of scenery and eventually you gotta think him and the Senators are going to reach a crossroads.

He'd give our team a little more attitude (in a good way).
I would also be down with Brady Tkachuk. Or Connor McDavid. Or a bunch of other guys we'll never get for Martin Necas.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ah no. While I agree Brady is not a fair trade for Necas and the Sens would not entertain that. He wouldn't even start the conversation for Aho without a bunch of adds.
That's not what I mean. If I was the Sens, there's nobody on Carolina that I would trade Tkachuk for except Aho. I think Aho has more value than Tkachuk, but no single asset on Carolina would entice me to move Brady. Not Svech, not Jarvis, not prospects.

If the Sens were willing to do a futures deal, then that might be different, but if I was the Sens, I wouldn't do that.

Unless, of course, Tkachuk wanted out and they had no choice but to trade him, but I don't think that's the case.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Players from teams that I could see as POSSIBLE returns / targets in a Necas trade:

ANAHEIM
Zegras

BOSTON
Lysell

BUFFALO
Benson
Jokiharju
Peterka
Quinn
Savoie

CALGARY
Andersson
Bruzustewicz
Sharangovich (w/ extension)
Zary

COLORADO
Mittelstadt

COLUMBUS
Laine (retained)
Marchenko

DALLAS
Stankoven (maybe, but not likely)

LA
Kaliyev
Kempe
Moore
Spence

MINNESOTA
Rossi

MONTREAL
Dach
Reinbacher

OTTAWA
Batherson
Brannstrom
Chychrun (w/ retention)
Grieg
Tkachuk
Zub

PHILADELPHIA
Drysdale
Konecny

SEATTLE
Wright

ST. LOUIS
Buchnevich (w/ extension)
Kyrou

UTAH
Crouse
Durzi
Guenther
Schmaltz
Soderstrom

VANCOUVER
Boeser (w/ extension)
Hoglander
Hronek
Lekkerimaki
Willander

VEGAS
Barbashev
Karlsson
I like Peterka from this list.

Reactions: Chan790

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
I would also be down with Brady Tkachuk. Or Connor McDavid. Or a bunch of other guys we'll never get for Martin Necas.
But who could we get? And whats up with Necas? There has now been a few statements from Necas that Indicate he doesent want to continue with canes. Could it have something to do with Rod getting that extension? Dont get me wrong, I do like Necas as a player, but what a whining little bitch he has been after the playoffs. I lost a lot of respect towards him, he's a total :eek::eek::eek::eek:. 😆

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
But who could we get? And whats up with Necas? There has now been a few statements from Necas that Indicate he doesent want to continue with canes. Could it have something to do with Rod getting that extension? Dont get me wrong, I do like Necas as a player, but what a whining little bitch he has been after the playoffs. I lost a lot of respect towards him, he's a total :eek::eek::eek::eek:. 😆

Is he making derogatory comments about the Canes or the staff? If not maybe he just wants an opportunity hes not going to get in Rods system. Nothing wrong with that. Hope we can find a trade partner that can bring us a good return .

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’d be down with Brady Tkachuk if he stops doing the “I’m mad and this next time I really am gonna do something about it, I really am gonna fight you! Ok maybe not next time but the time after that for sure!” thing.

I don’t fully subscribe to the “this team lacks meanness” thing, but if you’re gonna get meanness, get real meanness not whiny fake meanness. I’d certainly take Tkachuk as a player but the first meeting with RBA the message better be clear to cut that crap out.

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Some Canes tidbits ~27-28mins in:

-they have a “long list” of GM candidates
-Tulsky is most likely promotion if they keep it in house
-mentions Chuck Fletcher as a possibility
-doubles down on Hronek speculation on potential deal with VAN
-Slavin a proirity
-more potential for keeping Pesce or Skjei with Waddell gone

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’d be down with Brady Tkachuk if he stops doing the “I’m mad and this next time I really am gonna do something about it, I really am gonna fight you! Ok maybe not next time but the time after that for sure!” thing.

I don’t fully subscribe to the “this team lacks meanness” thing, but if you’re gonna get meanness, get real meanness not whiny fake meanness. I’d certainly take Tkachuk as a player but the first meeting with RBA the message better be clear to cut that crap out.
Well I think there’s a difference between meanness and toughness, though you may have meant it the same way. I think we tend to come up short in the gumption category historically. It’s hard to find good players who are also on the side of the spectrum and as we’ve built this team from nothing it’s easier to find skill without that other side.

I think we were better this playoff about standing up for ourselves, though the during the play grits still really isn’t our thing. I also wonder about our mental toughness sometimes. Tough to gauge from a couch through a screen.

We could very much use a Tkachuk imo. I was fine with drafting Brady over Svech because we lacked that so much at the time.

I'd enjoy such a moment, too.

That’s a great experience for him to be part of.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

At the end of the day it seems like any GM would have to be a yes man to Dundon/borg. I don’t really think it matters. Seems more likely they can Identify that person within the org. I doubt we are going to like whomever if it is outside, as it will probably be someone with little experience looking to jumpstart their career or a washed up retread that is ok being a yes man because they have little to no prospects gm’ing elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad