Roster Building XIX - Did we blow the deadline? Need to ask the magic 8-ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Could have just been talk, but man, I hope, Necas wasn’t part of the return for such a deal:

There's zero chance they were dealing Necas for a 1+ year goalie.

I can understand them looking at a rental goalie, or even 1+ year like Ullmark, when they weren't sure about Andersen's status either short-term or long-term.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Could have just been talk, but man, I hope, Necas wasn’t part of the return for such a deal:

I can't express how much i hate this type of quote.

He believes they talked ullmark. Just his guess based on our goalie situation at the time - big stretch there. Doesn't know if it involved necas. No shit, motherf***er - you don't know if it involved ullmark either. All you know is they talked. What you 'believe' doesn't mean shit. Guesswork about a goalie is logical, so the listener buys in, then you throw out a 'hot' name for clicks - f*** you.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Hey gang.

Question for you guys.

If Necas is moved, can you see Jarvis ending up at C next season? He took quite a few draws last season, so maybe Rod is grooming him a bit for that?

Thanks!

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

I wonder if Skjei signs long term, we consider trading off Orlov? We could use those 7.75M of cap savings to acquire a cheaper 3rd pairing LD and use that money left over to help sign Guentzel.

We could also acquire some nice draft currency if we move Orlov. Having him as a 3rd pairing D is a luxury.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I wonder if Skjei signs long term, we consider trading off Orlov? We could use those 7.75M of cap savings to acquire a cheaper 3rd pairing LD and use that money left over to help sign Guentzel.

We could also acquire some nice draft currency if we move Orlov. Having him as a 3rd pairing D is a luxury.
I think trading Orlov is unlikely for a couple of reasons:

1) It's a 1 year deal that they can deal with while waiting for Nikishin to come over.
2) The presence of Kuznetsov now makes moving Orlov less likely because I think Orlov will help make Kuznetsov a more productive player next year.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

How do we feel about Hronek as a main piece coming back in a Necas deal? I don't know much about him.

I'm struggling to figure out Hronek. This year he was mostly paired with Hughes, so he certainly took less of an offensive role than he had in Detroit. But if he's able to play big minutes, pair well with Hughes, and be a more offensive threat as he was in Detroit, then maybe he's a long-term replacement for Burns.

This is a rare case where both sides might allow negotiations in advance of a trade given their RFA status.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The Bruins would be an interesting partner for a Necas trade- Necas wants to be a center, the Bruins are quite weak down the middle. Necas won't like playing in that system though, just like he doesn't like playing in ours. He may just have to get over that and learn that the NHL isn't pond hockey, but I digress. The Bruins have enough defense that they would likely be confident that they can insulate Necas's defensive mistakes, and he's an opportunity to get them that offensive pop down the middle they're seeking. I can see why he'd be a guy they target.

Who would we want back is the question. Brandon Carlo to fill that RD spot? I don't think we'd be going after Ullmark at this point.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
The Bruins would be an interesting partner for a Necas trade- Necas wants to be a center, the Bruins are quite weak down the middle. Necas won't like playing in that system though, just like he doesn't like playing in ours. He may just have to get over that and learn that the NHL isn't pond hockey, but I digress. The Bruins have enough defense that they would likely be confident that they can insulate Necas's defensive mistakes, and he's an opportunity to get them that offensive pop down the middle they're seeking. I can see why he'd be a guy they target.

Who would we want back is the question. Brandon Carlo to fill that RD spot? I don't think we'd be going after Ullmark at this point.
Something centered around Lysell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad