Speculation: Roster Building Thread VI (2019/2020)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
my own speculation is that this has nothing to do with splitting up skjei and trouba, and is about splitting up hajek & fox so they can each play with a vet to help them out.
Probably true, although Skjei really struggled last night IMO so maybe just giving them another look.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Splitting the rookies makes sense. That said, Fox hasn't yet looked like hes the kind of rookie who will need training wheels at all.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
the skjei trouba pairing has not been good at all. I'm good with these changes.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Would not hate if they traded Buchnevich for a LHD

it depends if that person is the same age range. i would not want to trade Buchnevich for a 30+ year old defenseman. id want a LD version of Trouba. someone that can play top pair minutes and has some bite and nastiness to their game

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
it depends if that person is the same age range. i would not want to trade Buchnevich for a 30+ year old defenseman. id want a LD version of Trouba. someone that can play top pair minutes and has some bite and nastiness to their game
If that happens, then Skjei absolutely has to go.

Reactions: jas

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I still don't get what Buch is supposed to become to some? He panned out greatly as a top-9 winger, yet it seems some posters think he'll be a 70 point player on his own.

He's (like Fitzy says) complimentary to any line he plays, he's not consistent enough (not fast enough on his legs imo) to be a line driver.
But he certainly complements driver-lines very well. Depth on wing which we sorely need, has to stay.

I also wondered about that proposal of Buch for a LD ... that is straight up front-office-think jumping at any window.
We will have to wait folks, at least two more years.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Complementary players like that are key in spreading your offense around the lines.

Crosby and Malkin rarely have to play together because they've found guys to be the 3rd guy on their line and can work with them.

I don't think forcing Kakko with Panarin and Zibenejad is the best plan moving forward. That might truly make us a one trick pony once Kreider departs.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What a trade that Zibanejad trade was. That’s probably the best trade we’ve made in the past decade. Ottawa must have nightmares every time he comes to town.

This century it's pretty much the McD trade and then the Zibanejad trade. If the latter can perform at a high level for several more seasons, it will be fun to debate which turned out better.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rather see them move him for a 2C of the same age.
You aren’t going to get value trading wing for center. Maybe there’s a bigger package but I would rather swap the asset.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think we should give Buch more than one game before giving up on him here. He's quite literally the perfect complementary player for those two stars.
I think he is a passenger, and that is the only line that he can play on.

Reactions: cheech70

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I think that’s doable. I’m not trying to give him away, but if the right kind of deal presents itself the Rangers can deal from a position of strength to fix a position of weakness. The D is still bad

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
A bit of s demotion for TDA.

Probably more like ADA is more experience, would be better than Hajek-FOx -- two rookies thrown out to the wolves. Hard to trust that pairing with that time, that quickly.

Also I think this is so that Staal's weaknesses can be mitigated by Trouba. Trouba is far and away our best defender, speaking defensively... Staal is by far our worst. No point in saddling TDA to anchor him if its going to inhibit him offensively.

Also remember that Tony held out, would not doubt that there is probably some sort of internal agreement that TDA can be put into situations to succeed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad