Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What’s the reasoning for people suggesting the rangers go get another defenseman? (Aside from a pure “hockey trade”).
Personally I think the defense is fine and set. Are people looking to replace Nemeth?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

57 of Vatrano's 64 goals as a Panther came at 5 on 5. The Rangers need any type of offense at 5 on 5. Are the Rangers acquiring another winger? They have Kreider, Panarin, Lafrenière. Goodrow, Vatrano and Kakko(when he returns, he is supposed to return based on what Gallant has said). If they acquire another top 9 winger, someone is going to the 4th line. The Rangers are paying Goodrow $3.64M. Is he playing on the 4th line? Vatrano's skill set is not suited for a 4th line player.
But the Rangers are going from zero depth in the bottom 6. They gave up a mere 4th round pick to have more flexibility. This is a sound and sensible move. They can figure out the slotting later.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What’s the reasoning for people suggesting the rangers go get another defenseman? (Aside from a pure “hockey trade”).
Personally I think the defense is fine and set. Are people looking to replace Nemeth?

Lindgren's play slipping, Nemeth/Jones not being fully trusted in a playoff series and someone who can potential take some responsibility off Fox.

Reactions: JuiceNF

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lindgren has been ass

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
So the last true rentals that could return first rounders are:

Giroux who definitely will
Giordano who I’ll say probably will now
Lindholm who probably will now
Rakell I still lean no?

Anyone else for true rentals?

Status
Not open for further replies.