Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
i forgot. they also have ruhwedel. i wonder if they try to sneak him through waivers. or if maybe they send down mancini for a bit to accrue cap space. or do they just barrel forward with eight D?
Based on usage and waiver status, we might be waiting until Vesey is healthy to send down Rempe.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Based on usage and waiver status, we might be waiting until Vesey is healthy to send down Rempe.
for the forwards i think that makes sense. i cant see them carrying eight D, thinking about it. not for long, anyhow. probably send down rempe and mancini for a few weeks and accrue.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
LMAO....so you just assume if they are big and mean they are not talented ? Geesh....I kind of liked watching Stevens- D Hatcher-Robinson-Potvin -Pronger-Hedman-Chelios over the years. I bet a lot of fans liked the nastiness .Nasty does not mean less skilled
You listed guys from different eras (and different teams). These are not from a batch production, each is a “handmade” type. There’s no team that carries even a top-4 made up of this kind. The closest I can think of were late-90’s vintage Devs. Maybe Colorado around the same time

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If the Kings drop out of playoff contention Rangers should target Gavrikov. Swap Lindgren for Gavrikov and the defense is light years better.
I'm not sure why the Kings would trade a pending UFA for a pending UFA. If Lindgren is going just for cap purposes, then we'd have to add something significant, and we won't have the space to re-sign Gavrikov.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Assuming good health, the move for the Rangers to make at the deadline would be for a dynamic scoring RW or LW to put with Chytil and move either Cuylle or Kakko down to the 4th line. Neither Cuylle or Kakko will be doing much of any scoring in the playoffs. Then get a good vet D for depth.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Assuming good health, the move for the Rangers to make at the deadline would be for a dynamic scoring RW or LW to put with Chytil and move either Cuylle or Kakko down to the 4th line. Neither Cuylle or Kakko will be doing much of any scoring in the playoffs. Then get a good vet D for depth.

Lets keep some faith in what seems to be the most effective line in the NHL so far this season.

I think the Rangers make a big deal for a top 4 LHD at the deadline.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
When everyone is healthy send down Rempe & Mancini, let them play big minutes in AHL.
Those 2 together with Othman, Sykora. Berard and possible Perrault should be better then what we can get for late round picks when we get to the playoff. No need to trade for any Motte this year. If any really good LD to pops up as a possible rental go for it. I hate to trade a 1. rounder for rental, but if this team keeps it up until the deadline this year it might really be worth it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
When everyone is healthy send down Rempe & Mancini, let them play big minutes in AHL.
Those 2 together with Othman, Sykora. Berard and possible Perrault should be better than what we can get for late round picks when we get to the playoff. No need to trade for any Motte this year. If any really good LD to pops up as a possible rental go for it. I hate to trade a 1. rounder for rental, but if this team keeps it up until the deadline this year it might really be worth it.

Who isn’t healthy besides Vesey?

Mancini should stay, he’s been good. Much better option than Chad R.

Reactions: leetch99

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't need Miller to be a Scott Steven's clone, but he could add a prickish element to his game that would help this team alot more.

That said, playing LD to Fox means he needs to be very smart about picking his spots as he's going to see a ton of ES TOI.

A poor man's Chris Pronger would be ideal.

30+ to 40+ points a year while being a defender wingers need to be aware of physically.

He has the tools, but his mindset is still too passive for that type of game.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Those 2 together with Othman, Sykora. Berard and possible Perrault should be better then what we can get for late round picks when we get to the playoff. No need to trade for any Motte this year. If any really good LD to pops up as a possible rental go for it. I hate to trade a 1. rounder for rental, but if this team keeps it up until the deadline this year it might really be worth it.

A couple things. First on Rempe. This is the last year we can send him down with no waivers and there's a point where you don't want to be playing games with him. When he becomes waiver eligible he will absolutely get grabbed.....and I like guys like Vesey and Brodzinski....they're good players who do a lot of necessary and often unappreciated things but I'm not losing a young prospect with Rempe's unique abilities for either one of them. Both of them will need contracts again for next year. They're not important enough to lose Rempe over.

The second thing with sending Matthew down is he might be fighting a lot. My hunch is just about every AHL goon and would be tough guy is going to be gunning for him because win or lose and especially win it will get them noticed. That's not necessarily good for Matthew. The AHL is a tough and nasty league. There are guys on rosters who actually are 3/4 minute ice time a night brawlers. Rempe's seen some of them already but my guess is they'll be knocking on his door just about every chance they get.

As far as Mancini he's already getting 15+ minutes a night ice time 6 games into his NHL career and he looks more than comfortable. He certainly would be the easiest for us to send to Hartford but even piling minutes on him there isn't necessarily going to be a huge benefit. Kind of like sending someone to a league they've kind of outgrown. It is important to us to have defensive depth and I suspect we would lose Jones if we tried sending him down but I also get the sense judging by the lineups that the Rangers prefer Mancini to Jones. It's a bit of a dilemma here. I think Mancini goes down but he'll be up again if a player falters or gets injured.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Schneider has put some big hits on people over the years. No one really hits like Trouba anymore on a consistent basis.
Yeah Schneider makes two or three Trouba level hits a year it seems. He doesn’t do it enough to be the second most feared hitter.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Mancini stays and plays....Lindy will get hurt before Turkey day..problem solved..Rempe is no Edstrom...A 3rd line that is head and shoulders above other 3rd lines is a big advantage. If Mika wakes up and realizes he has a very good RW.... we could have ourselves a team that has a very good chance. We were worried about defensive upgrades but the shufflng of players looks to be an upgrade. Igor and Panrin are fighting for MVP of team and the right to be paid the most. While I was in the Bell Centre Tuesday I can imagine Gorts jumping at the chance to overpay and sign Bread in a couple years..a real anchor of a contract...something like 45 mil over 3 yrs.

Reactions: McRanger92

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I disagree for several reasons.

1) The Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko line is fine. They will score in the playoffs, the same way the Laf-Chytil-Kakko line did 2 years ago. Maybe better. If you don't want Cuylle or Kakko scoring in the playoffs, then sure, moving them to the 4th line would do that.

2) There's a good chance Perreault will join the team at some point, so he can be that guy if we need him. If not, we have Othmann and Berard in case there are injuries.

3) Who are you getting to play RW and how much will that player cost? In the past 2 years, look at the players we have brought in at the deadline to play RW. Have any of them really made a difference? Smith was our move to fix the RW spot and is fitting in. Laf is Laf, and the third line is producing.

4) We have limited assets. I'm not interested in wasting a 1st round pick on a rental just so that player can cannibalize another player's production. We're the highest scoring team in the league. If our offense falls off a cliff, then we can address it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I disagree for several reasons.

1) The Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko line is fine. They will score in the playoffs, the same way the Laf-Chytil-Kakko line did 2 years ago. Maybe better. If you don't want Cuylle or Kakko scoring in the playoffs, then sure, moving them to the 4th line would do that.

2) There's a good chance Perreault will join the team at some point, so he can be that guy if we need him. If not, we have Othmann and Berard in case there are injuries.

3) Who are you getting to play RW and how much will that player cost? In the past 2 years, look at the players we have brought in at the deadline to play RW. Have any of them really made a difference? Smith was our move to fix the RW spot and is fitting in. Laf is Laf, and the third line is producing.

4) We have limited assets. I'm not interested in wasting a 1st round pick on a rental just so that player can cannibalize another player's production. We're the highest scoring team in the league. If our offense falls off a cliff, then we can address it.

Forgot about how close Perrault is. Is he on the Chris Kreider playoff debut trajectory? Seems that way. I think he immediately jumps Othmann and Berard on the pecking order when he signs.

Reactions: cheech70

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Forgot about how close Perrault is. Is he on the Chris Kreider playoff debut trajectory? Seems that way. I think he immediately jumps Othmann and Berard on the pecking order when he signs.
The expectation is he signs his contract at the end of this college season.
The question is do we even have room for him currently.
Smith is the best spot to move, but there’s way too much risk. And we may just be better off long term not rushing him in.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The expectation is he signs his contract at the end of this college season.
The question is do we even have room for him currently.
Smith is the best spot to move, but there’s way too much risk. And we may just be better off long term not rushing him in.

Injuries will happen between now and then. I think Smith is going to give us a needed dimension to our game in the playoffs. He's no slouch.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Injuries will happen between now and then. I think Smith is going to give us a needed dimension to our game in the playoffs. He's no slouch.
They do. Not saying they won’t.

smith is a playoff guy. And the way he’s playing now I think he’s only gonna get better as he gets more comfortable w 20-93.

I think he’s been a very solid add, especially since Pitt is retaining.

I think perreault has been focused on getting stronger and he’s added significant muscle the past off season, so long as he keeps his speed up, he’ll be fine. But there’s almost always an adjustment issue

Reactions: McRanger92

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
the fact that smith has all year to play with these guys instead of just the last month of the season is a big deal. glad drury got it done before season started

btw walman looks great in SJ analytically which is truly impressive. he might be worth an acquisition and extension as we wait for the next round of young guys to come up.

jones/othmann for walman/bystedt who says no

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
1729779747132.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad