Roster Building Thread - Part XII

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wonder will they dare to keep Mancini after Lindgren is back and scratch the captain from time to time, would go a long way to making him accept a trade next year

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Wonder will they dare to keep Mancini after Lindgren is back and scratch the captain from time to time, would go a long way to making him accept a trade next year
I doubt it. For one, we are currently using LTIR to fit Mancini on the roster. If we keep him once Lindgren is back, then we have to send down one of the forwards. I'm sure you'd be okay with waiving Brodzinski, but I doubt Drury/Lavi will agree. That means one of Edstrom or Rempe would have to go down.

Mancini has played all of 18 games as a pro. He won't be hurt by spending time in Hartford, and he'll be the first call up if and one someone gets hurt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think some people worry about Trouba too much. Don't think there's much doubt he'll be moving next summer with only one year of term left and I expect the Rangers are going to re-sign Igor--$12 mil or bust. They'll do it. Rangers have 3 RD in Fox, Schneider and Mancini so that won't be a problem either. But anyway I don't think Drury will be f***ing around with any ifs, ands or buts this time. He's forewarned so it's a matter of dotting I's and crossing t's.

That doesn't mean the Rangers won't look to pick up a vet D on their left side.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Do the Rangers have any interest in claiming Lavoie and/or is he certain to go before us in the order

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Do the Rangers have any interest in claiming Lavoie and/or is he certain to go before us in the order
I don't know anything about him, but the bottom 6 looks pretty crowded already and that's with Vesey on IR. Is he enough of a difference to risk what we already have going on waivers, or sending back Rempe/Edstrom? Seems like we'd be claiming him just to waive him again

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I doubt it. For one, we are currently using LTIR to fit Mancini on the roster. If we keep him once Lindgren is back, then we have to send down one of the forwards. I'm sure you'd be okay with waiving Brodzinski, but I doubt Drury/Lavi will agree. That means one of Edstrom or Rempe would have to go down.

Mancini has played all of 18 games as a pro. He won't be hurt by spending time in Hartford, and he'll be the first call up if and one someone gets hurt.
On the one hand this analysis is flawless
On the other hand, it presupposes Vesey is better than RempEd which is not the case
OR
Vesey is not better than RempEd, but they don't care b'c rather than deal Vesey for a lower pick, they want to keep him around, even if it means sending a better player down.

NO
stop the bs
deal Vesey NOW

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
did Vegas, who claimed him, waive?

If he can be grabbed we should.
Good prospect and he is a PIVOT

We can cut Korzackm[sp] and if that's a prob no takers, deal him + a 6th for a 7th

I don't know anything about him, but the bottom 6 looks pretty crowded already and that's with Vesey on IR. Is he enough of a difference to risk what we already have going on waivers, or sending back Rempe/Edstrom? Seems like we'd be claiming him just to waive him again
No we can find room for him in the A while eventually Brodz or other is replaced

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad