Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
2 years ago, Panarin. Last year, Lafreniere. Now Trouba/Lindgren. Do we know who were going after next year yet?

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Wont be Ew if he plays like he did prior to last season. If he struggling there wont be talks.

It’s still an eww because he’s playing way above his station. He should be on the 3rd pairing but we know where he will play. If he gets a longer term contract from us it will be for more than 4.5m. Him and trouba need to go after their contracts. This is what scares me. If he struggles he will also remain with the team bc we self rent and won’t move him.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Matthew Robertson. This training camp is his opportunity. Michael Sauer was drafted in the 2nd round in 2005. He could not crack the Rangers lineup until his 4th pro year. Sauer outplayed Ryan McDonagh in training camp in 2010 to make the Rangers roster. Five years after being drafted. Robertson was selected in the 2nd round in 2019. Five years. 2024.

Zac Jones is Robertson's main competition on the left side. The Rangers don't really have a 7th D. Ruhwedel can be sent to the AHL. Bigger body on D. The Rangers desperately need size on D. Unless Drury has a deal brewing for a D which involves a roster player making decent money, the Rangers don't have room for a significant addition.

The Rangers could have a roster with 13/7/2 and $1.3M-$1.4M in cap space which accrues to $5.85M-$6.3M in space at trade deadline day assuming no injuries during the season. Multiply the number by 4.5.

I think Robertson is terrible and will never play a game for the Rangers. Scanlin is next up.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
This organization is so stupid
That happens when your franchise is run by morons. What team's defence corps did they watch this year? Did they not watch Lindgren play this past season? If it weren't for the goaltending, they would've been in a dog fight to stay out of the Wild Card race; definitely wouldn't have won the President's Trophy.

If they sign Lindgren to an multi year extension, Drury should be fired.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
1722483296456.png

I think Trouba collaborated with @EdJovanovski on the full piece.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We still have a big problem if one of our top 3 Cs have to miss significant time imo. I don’t think any of our top 9 Ws play C and can slide over allowing a decent call up. I don’t believe Brodz or Carrick are the answers. I think this will be the fatal flaw of our offseason.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
We still have a big problem if one of our top 3 Cs have to miss significant time imo. I don’t think any of our top 9 Ws play C and can slide over allowing a decent call up. I don’t believe Brodz or Carrick are the answers. I think this will be the fatal flaw of our offseason.

Fix it at the deadline

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I love Shesterkin, but if his contract ask is too high would you ask Allaire to go and work with Garand, and trade Shesterkin for a signed bonefide 1rw and a dman? Just spitballing cus I haven't dug into who needs a goalie or whatnot but say, Keller, Ingram/Vemelka and a d prospect?
I realize Allaire is walking back his duties but imo this is an area we haven't used to our advantage for all the years we've had the best goalie coach in the nhl. I have full confidence that given a guy like Ingram, or Garand that he could turn them into at the least solid goalies if not top 10 goalies. So with that, if we could save money in the goalie spot and massively improve our team it's something we should seriously consider.

View attachment 898484

I think Trouba collaborated with @EdJovanovski on the full piece.

Looks like I just came home from hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad