Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's been mentioned that the Rangers aren't convinced on Zac Jones. Lindgren is a 20 point a year producer. I'd rather not a long term or a big cap hit. $4-$4.5 is pushing it AFAIC. No more than 3 years either. He's competitive but he's not that good and he's not tough enough for the kind of game he plays. That and the lack of offense and I think we're kind of spinning our wheels with him.

My guess is Emery does 2/3 years at North Dakota U. He's got the skating and defensive acumen already but he's going to have to fill out. With that as strong as it is already I don't think he'll need much time if any in the AHL. But he does need to fill out and get stronger. The other 2 prospect D's that could be solutions are Mancini and Fortescue and Drew is probably at least a couple years out too.

It may mean that the Rangers are going to have to add a top 4 quality D within the next year or so. Part of the issue with Jones is size IMO. It wouldn't matter so much if we didn't have two other smallish D's in Fox and Lindgren. With the 6 we have now we're too small and we're not going to win with this group for that and other reasons.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
An alternative to a player 100% unfit for his role is not required.

What's the replacement going to do? Tank the team? Lindgren is doing that.

When people say that guys are "below replacement level," they mean that quite literally.
He had a below average season, like tons of players do each season. Who are you replacing him with.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He had a below average season, like tons of players do each season. Who are you replacing him with.
A replacement-level player, probably from the AHL. That was implied in the post you responded to.
Yes we all know this, but I don’t think the fat cats in mgmt know it.

This offseason has already been an F for Drury , if he signs Lindgren to a multi year extension it’s going to be a Z-
We do not all know this.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Pairing your Norris Trophy yearly candidate with a guy who does nothing well, welcome to RangersTown.
Watching every team resolve their RFAs signings and having the Rangers go to arbitration, come out with lots of people pissed off, and losing our "1LD" player for nothing would be the most on brand Ranger thing of the year. Lindgren may be a potato but he is far from a potato with zero value. MANAGE YO ASSETS, DRURY.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
So Lindgren is officially a one year rental.

Drury officially punted all the decisions he was supposed to make this offseason to next summer. In what was already going to be a busy summer.

Bold strategy lol
I believe the plan all along was to not have to pay Lindgren and Trouba in 25/26. That will happen. All the money is going to Igor, Miller and Laf. The huge problem Drury has is to fill our top 6 next year with young Dmen. We don't have much in the pipeline. Hopefully Schneider and Zac are really good this year. Still need to replace the roles that Lindgren and Trouba held. PK is important to this staff. Schneider should be on our 1st PK pair. So that's one side covered. And burning Fox to kill penalties isn't in anybody best interest.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's 1 year so I won't cry over it. 4-5 year deal would be disgusting. At least now you can watch him either break down even more or be able to say he had a bounce back season. So not the end of the world there considering there wasn't a real scenario where he wasn't a NYR this coming season. He was making 3 million and I didn't think his play warranted a 1.5 raise.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Looks like I picked a good time to start focusing my energy and attention on more important things than this team, see ya in the fall, maybe

Reactions: Shadowtron

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I believe the plan all along was to not have to pay Lindgren and Trouba in 25/26. That will happen. All the money is going to Igor, Miller and Laf. The huge problem Drury has is to fill our top 6 next year with young Dmen. We don't have much in the pipeline. Hopefully Schneider and Zac are really good this year. Still need to replace the roles that Lindgren and Trouba held. PK is important to this staff. Schneider should be on our 1st PK pair. So that's one side covered. And burning Fox to kill penalties isn't in anybody best interest.
Our forward pipeline looks good, our d pipeline doesn’t.
There’s an easy way to balance that.
Othmann for a lhd.

Reactions: tiggles

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
8yrvjc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad