Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I haven’t been on the Drury sucks bandwagon yet but I am certainly entertaining it.
All these other teams have seemingly improved on paper and yet he is sitting with his thumb up his butt. 1 championship In 84 years and we are standing pat. I can not understand the thought process. Please do something so I can stay off the bandwagon. After watching this play out for 65 years, I would like to see something different, I still do and always will bleed Rangers blue

Reactions: tiggles

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I haven’t been on the Drury sucks bandwagon yet but I am certainly entertaining it.
All these other teams have seemingly improved on paper and yet he is sitting with his thumb up his butt. 1 championship In 84 years and we are standing pat. I can not understand the thought process. Please do something so I can stay off the bandwagon. After watching this play out for 65 years, I would like to see something different, I still do and always will bleed Rangers blue
I feel like the teams that improved mostly did so with getting older and signing contracts that look ok now, but could look worse than Trouba’s.

Drury got smith, the 2nd was fine value for retention and we’re waiting on the Trouba move for anything else, which is the right call.

We’ve watched this before where we were forced to buy players out because teams knew we were over the cap otherwise and they weren’t gonna do us any favors.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Safe to say no deal to Detroit ? Should be done otherwise you would think

Need a 7th D signed

Lindgren and Schneider likely get 6.5 combined on the cap so not much left
Nothing there implies that deals are off.

I have a feeling the list was given to Drury at the absolute last second.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I feel like the teams that improved mostly did so with getting older and signing contracts that look ok now, but could look worse than Trouba’s.

Drury got smith, the 2nd was fine value for retention and we’re waiting on the Trouba move for anything else, which is the right call.

We’ve watched this before where we were forced to buy players out because teams knew we were over the cap otherwise and they weren’t gonna do us any favors.
There is no question that a majority of them got older and the contracts could and very well might turn into albatrosses but the short term improvement might make it worth it if they don’t have NMC or NTC attached. Not saying it was a bad trade because it wasn’t.
I guess we will see how this all plays out

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
There is no question that a majority of them got older and the contracts could and very well might turn into albatrosses but the short term improvement might make it worth it if they don’t have NMC or NTC attached. Not saying it was a bad trade because it wasn’t.
I guess we will see how this all plays out
And that’s the thing.
Drury had a good solid off season and trade deadline the past season.
But it isn’t finished in one day.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Part 2 of 2
Never was a fan of Steve Yzermen. As a player he was talented but also a diver.
I understand when players who need to scratch and claw to keep themselves in the NHL do it, but for stars it’s a sign of their character. Same for my opinion of Mika.
Also Yzermen’s tantrums when the Rangers won the draft lottery with Lafreniere were laughable.
I have no knowledge, but I hope Drury didn’t fall for a setup to take him out of the market for player(s) he was targeting.
Also we know Drury runs a tight ship so I’m guessing that the leak was probably from the Detroit camp weakening the Rangers organization’s position and causing Trouba’s value to decline.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Part 2 of 2
Never was a fan of Steve Yzermen. As a player he was talented but also a diver.
I understand when players who need to scratch and claw to keep themselves in the NHL do it, but for stars it’s a sign of their character. Same for my opinion of Mika.
Also Yzermen’s tantrums when the Rangers won the draft lottery with Lafreniere were laughable.
I have no knowledge, but I hope Drury didn’t fall for a setup to take him out of the market for player(s) he was targeting.
Also we know Drury runs a tight ship so I’m guessing that the leak was probably from the Detroit camp weakening the Rangers organization’s position and causing Trouba’s value to decline.
181dd6_4edf969d52b048a8a677cf9e43fb6f79~mv2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad