Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Do they have flights from LGA to Detroit?

Term and money doesn't sound like a cheap one year contract.

Strange comment from Emily “when trade protection kicks in”. It’s not that it kicks in, it’s that the NMC falls off and falls to the lesser NTC. Something not transpiring in the next few hours until the change is actually what’s to be expected, not the other way around.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
The script has already been written. Rangers will play Detroit in the playoffs next year. Trouba will knock out Laf with a flying elbow and Kane will score the series clinching goal.

• Haha
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
NO
pls no adding deadwood
pref an all pick deal
Trouba retained 1.5 + 3rd for 2 2nds

Don't think we wanna oblige but Isles or Jersey
sort of last resort for trade if decent offer on the table

God no
Shesty retained + Zib + Sykor + BMB
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljj rights

no Marner NO

sell Lindy now before any mo wear + tear makes him untradeable
don't be greedy, take picks

Scanlin hopefully out of camp
Fortesc soon after

again no stop giving away KK
sell high on bread
use KK up his value

Could be plan B discussion, depending...

zero interest in Brann

less than zero interest

Prepare yourself Bern
Kakko for a player
Trouba lucky if they get anything

Reactions: RangersFan1994

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
The script has already been written. Rangers will play Detroit in the playoffs next year. Trouba will knock out Laf with a flying elbow and Kane will score the series clinching goal.

detroits gonna need a lot of luck to make the playoffs with both trouba and chiarot on their defense

Reactions: UnSandvich

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
That's insane lol. I wouldn't call signing Soto - who will likely go down as a top 20 player to ever play - to a long term deal, at the age of 26, in a sport with no salary cap, and a franchise that brings in ~$700 million a year, "spackle". If they DON'T sign Soto, regardless of what it takes, they should fold the franchise.
This isn’t the baseball thread so I’ll keep it short.

The in force CBA imposes massive penalties - draft restrictions and financial - the further over ~230mm you go. It’s impossible to roll out a multi positional all star team and keep building through your farm simultaneously. Trying to serve both masters usually ends in positional mediocrity. Sooner or later the rebuilding piper must be paid.

I’m not a big fan of ‘competitive balance’ restrictions and salary cap schemes - to the winner goes the spoils until the tar pits go we all I say. But the rules are the rules.

What I would like to see in the NHL is a ‘carve out’ exemption here a team can designate a franchise player once every X years, and that player’s salary does not count against the cap, or least does count but fractionally.

Paying Igor 11-12MM AAV looks completely different without having to think about the cap impact. Cash isn’t an issue for MSG.

Last edited:

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Any word on who we’re targeting with all the cap if Trouba goes? Maybe Matt Roy but that’s a big commitment.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I really do wonder where Drury goes with Kane presumably gone and Stamkos rumored to go to Nashville. I’ll say it again, Marchasshole?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Assuming Guentzel, Reinhart, and Kane are off the board tomorrow if we are targeting a UFA forward for the top 6, I'd go after DeBrusk or Marchessault.

I fear DeBrusk would be more of the same not high end enough type.

But bringing JAM in could be a Trocheck type addition. (is it weird he will always be JAM to me?)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00