Joel Quenneville, Stan Bowman and John MacIsaac reinstated

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
More importantly, where is the proof that he was involved in the cover up? So many people just skimmed through the investigation, saw Q was mad that a meeting during the playoffs was being conducted about a non team member, and concluded that he was a monster that was involved in a large cover up operation.

Like the dude is in the middle of the playoffs, coaching the most stacked team to ever be assembled in the salary cap era, and there is a meeting about a player who has literally no chance of joining the team. Like can he just focus on the task at hand? I don’t think any coach would be prepared to take their mind off in between game adjustments in the Stanley cup playoffs to discuss personal incidents regarding a player who is not on the team.

Also if anybody remembers that time period, they know Q was in the hot seat should that team not go all the way. His job and career reputation was on the line.

I side with Q. Sorry I can’t join the virtue signaling groupthink that devolves in these threads.
I'd say his job and reputation took a bigger hit not doing anything about the and brushing it under the rug.

"The investigation found that “no action was taken” following the revelations, and said that Quenneville “said it was hard for the team to get where it was,” and that they couldn’t deal with the issue during a playoff run."

Reactions: I am toxic

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
More importantly, where is the proof that he was involved in the cover up? So many people just skimmed through the investigation, saw Q was mad that a meeting during the playoffs was being conducted about a non team member, and concluded that he was a monster that was involved in a large cover up operation.

Like the dude is in the middle of the playoffs, coaching the most stacked team to ever be assembled in the salary cap era, and there is a meeting about a player who has literally no chance of joining the team. Like can he just focus on the task at hand? I don’t think any coach would be prepared to take their mind off in between game adjustments in the Stanley cup playoffs to discuss personal incidents regarding a player who is not on the team.

Also if anybody remembers that time period, they know Q was in the hot seat should that team not go all the way. His job and career reputation was on the line.

I side with Q. Sorry I can’t join the virtue signaling groupthink that devolves in these threads.
It's all in the lawyers report, if you care to read it.

Reactions: I am toxic

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I'd say his job and reputation took a bigger hit not doing anything about the and brushing it under the rug.

"The investigation found that “no action was taken” following the revelations, and said that Quenneville “said it was hard for the team to get where it was,” and that they couldn’t deal with the issue during a playoff run."

It's quite misleading to say 'no action was taken' by a man who has no obligation to take action, and is not the ideal person who should be taking action on the matter. I think framing him and other people on the team as willing participants in the cover up is an attack job simply because it infers that they are in a management position with the powers and duties to take action.

It's all in the lawyers report, if you care to read it.
I read it, just did a little more critical thinking with the information I was armed with instead of taking things at face value.

• Love
Reactions: Suntouchable13

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014

Say less. Your critical thinking is not going as well for you as you think it is.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Quite edgy of you to say. You are so brave.
Not as brave as stumping for a guy who brushed off a rape committed by one of his direct reports because it was such hard work "coaching the most stacked team to ever be assembled in the salary cap era".

I'm sure Quenneville will be forever grateful that you carried him through this like he's the Whitney Houston to your Kevin Costner.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Not as brave as stumping for a guy who brushed off a rape committed by one of his direct reports
Well again, he is not a chicago city detective, nor is he in an HR/management position. It is not his duty to investigate rape allegations. I know this is hard to understand, but his duties revolve around coaching.
because it was such hard work "coaching the most stacked team to ever be assembled in the salary cap era".
Why did you put this in quotes? Are you inferring that coaching the 2010 blackhawks wasn't difficult, or are you inferring that they weren't the most stacked team assembled in the salary cap era? Either way, weird hill to die on.
I'm sure Quenneville will be forever grateful that you carried him through this like he's the Whitney Houston to your Kevin Costner.
You sure do love being dramatic.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Totally agree

No one can actually tell you what specifically Q did wrong.

They use words like “support SA”, like wtf how stupid do you have to be to believe someone “supports SA”?

I still don’t have a clue what these people expect. When I’m at work, if someone makes a complaint I run it up the chain. That’s literally what your responsibilities are at that point. And then you go back and do your job.

The victim is just as capable of calling the police as the f***ing coach is

[MOD]

There are too many dumb people on the internet

You know what I’m pissed off about? That the leafs weren’t able to hire quennevile

Last edited by a moderator:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
It's not a gamble in terms of his coaching ability. It's whether the organization wants to hire a coach who chose to ignore the sexual assault of one of the team's prospects because he didn't want any "distractions."
He chose not to step outside his bounds as head coach, and cause a media distraction over an allegation. So lets say he did what Lazlo Hollyfeld wanted him to do, which is start investigating the allegation, turn the locker room upside down, and get the media in a frenzy. The rape allegation turns out to be false or misleading, and the blackhawks get bounced out of the playoffs. How does coach Q look then? Everyone would say that he should have let the higher ups/management/HR handle this allegation and that he should have been more focused on getting his coaching duties instead of investigating allegations of rape.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He chose not to step outside his bounds as head coach, and cause a media distraction over an allegation. So lets say he did what Lazlo Hollyfeld wanted him to do, which is start investigating the allegation, turn the locker room upside down, and get the media in a frenzy. The rape allegation turns out to be false or misleading, and the blackhawks get bounced out of the playoffs. How does coach Q look then? Everyone would say that he should have let the higher ups/management/HR handle this allegation and that he should have been more focused on getting his coaching duties instead of investigating allegations of rape.

He was the head coach. There were allegations that one of his coaches sexually assaulted one of his players.

That is absolutely within his bounds as head coach.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Oh yeah, let's just reinstate rapist enablers, bravo NHL.

“Rapist enablers”. Lmao a little more hyperbole next time.

You people are so dramatic, with this kind of ridiculous language.

Did Q arrange dates for the rapist? Did he lure victims into the video room for the rapist to prey on?

You people act like he’s Karla Homolka (sp?)

Why aren’t you going crazy about Patrick Kane playing in Detroit? By your definition he’s also a rapist enabler

Reactions: Reality Czech

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He was the head coach. There were allegations that one of his coaches sexually assaulted one of his players.

That is absolutely within his bounds as head coach.

What did you want him to do? Call the cops?

Kyle beech couldn’t have done that himself, no?

I’ll never understand that. As a person in management, I’ve had employees call me and ask me to call the cops for them or an ambulance for them.

It didn’t make sense to me then and it makes less sense to me now.

“Strangle, call 911! I just got assaulted!”

f***, man what are you calling me for? YOU CALL THE f***ING COPS, you idiot

Reactions: Voight

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Well again, he is not a chicago city detective, nor is he in an HR/management position. It is not his duty to investigate rape allegations. I know this is hard to understand, but his duties revolve around coaching.

Why did you put this in quotes? Are you inferring that coaching the 2010 blackhawks wasn't difficult, or are you inferring that they weren't the most stacked team assembled in the salary cap era? Either way, weird hill to die on.

You sure do love being dramatic.
Why did I put it in quotes? Because it was a direct quote from your post. Do you not know what quotation marks are for?

As for him not being a “Chicago city detective”, no one suggested that he perform a criminal investigation. But your assertion that he is not in management is incorrect. He has direct reports, including the accused. It is absolute is responsibility to hear complaints and act upon them in an appropriate manner. This is 101-level stuff.

And no, saying that his job is too hard so he can't worry about his colleagues getting raped by his employee is not an appropriate manner.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Sadly, Bettman yet again proves that he has absolutely no respect for the sport. Every last one of these pieces of trash should be in prison for aiding and abetting sexual assault. Children come to hockey games and none of the dirtbags who were reinstated should be allowed anywhere near them.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad