Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] F Ryan Lomberg signs with the Flames (2 years, $2M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Why? It's not like the flames are contending.
Aside from goodwill towards our old players, it's mostly hatred for the Oilers TBH. And to repay Flame fans for their support during the final. Hope they make the playoffs, meet Edmonton in the first round, and beat them with Lomby scoring that game winning goal ;). Off-season is for dreaming, y'know...

Thrilled to have him back. Is there anything better than falling completely and hopelessly in fan love with a completely replaceable 4th line energy player?
Nothing better, mate. Plus, he's apparently allergic to clothes, which is an additional bonus for me as a straight woman. Although I imagine that might be a bit more difficult in Calgary than Florida.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
For 1M more you could have got a 40 goal scorer in Skinner.

Oh well. Lomberg has a really big head for his body though, that’s pretty cool.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Blows me away how many GM's let their players who have motors go for so cheap. This is one of my favourite players in the league and it only took 2 million to get him. Great contract for Calgary and I'm jealous.
Lomberg had 7 points in 75 games and sat a good chunk of the cup run. Love the guy, but he is a league min player.

Reactions: NeverForget06

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Lomberg had 7 points in 75 games and sat a good chunk of the cup run. Love the guy, but he is a league min player.
Guys who are consistently good on the forecheck and bring energy to teams are ridiculously underrated for 4th lines.

The Canucks constantly find a gem once in a while for a 4th line and they always ship them off to free agency because they ask for 1.5-2 mill and then replace them with dogshit players who have more skill but end up being a net negative because they can't forecheck but put up 10 more points and get scored on a lot more because they don't keep the puck in the opponents end.

Players who have motors keep the momentum your star players generate by keeping teams away from your end. The points don't matter to me when they're allowing more opportunity for your top lines to continue hemming the other team in by coming in waves.

So many teams piss away 4th liners that do their job of keeping energy for your team and providing them with hits and dragging them into games. Lomberg isn't a point getter but he's a phenomenal player to have on your team and worth the 2 million easily. I'll take a 7 point a season guy that shows up every game and brings intangibles over a 25 point a season guy who provides nothing else any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad