Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Some bottom 6 players to consider

Dakota Joshua 6'3" 206, 245 hits
Sam Lafferty 6'2" 206, 191 hits
Nico Sturm 6'3" 209, 75 hits, 60% FOW% SIXTY
Teddy Blueger, 6'0", 185, 98 hits, 53% on faceoffs

And you already got this gem on the blueline:
Brenden Dillon 6'4" 225, 241 hits,
Not that this is a bad list, but we have a ton of prospects that look to be bottom soxers. Why are we spending to sign more at higher cap hits?

We need a RW thst can mesh with kreider and zib. Though that might be as rare as a unicorn.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Not that this is a bad list, but we have a ton of prospects that look to be bottom soxers. Why are we spending to sign more at higher cap hits?

We need a RW thst can mesh with kreider and zib. Though that might be as rare as a unicorn.
IMG_0212.jpeg

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well yeah. But no coach has tried that yet. It might actually be in the nhl rulebook that they must play together
Or written in the Mika extension. Because frankly nothing else explains it.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they actually made the decision to not really change the forwards roster wise, but simply separate Mika and Kreider, and it would actually work? Would be annoying as f*** to know what potential has been wasted for the last few years.

Panarin - Tro - Laf
Cuylle - Mika - Othmann
Kreider - Chytil - Kakko
Vesey - Goodrow - Rempe

Reactions: Atax

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hindsight is obviously 20/20, but what would Kakko have been worth at the draft in 2020? Once we knew we were getting Laf, and that we were already pretty set at wing with Kreider, Panarin, and Buch, I can only imagine that we could have gotten a nice haul for him at that time.

You think Ottawa would have traded the 5OA that year? Would be really nice to have Jake Sanderson on this squad…

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Highly doubt Lindgren is going anywhere. I think he comes in at a reasonable number. My hope would be he plays down the lineup. They need a top pairing LD and it's not Miller either.
They just went to ECF and Lindgren had broken rib, Fox was a shell of himself, Trouba who already isn’t a great skater, had a broken bone floating around in his foot.
Miller and Schneider def had their share young kid mistakes as well.

I think you’re right. And a team that just had the pres/trophy and was in the final 4 isn’t going to revamp 50% of their D core or more. You’re already likely going to see jones as a full timer for Gus.

miller-Schneider is hopefully a year better, more polished/seasoned/confident. Etc

Getting out of Trouba and his cap hit is the priority imo.
He’s the one with the largest dollars on the shortest deal. He’s also the oldest player of the D

Lindgren had a bad year, but he’s mobile enough, and a good enough defender to not hurt us in a 3rd pair role/PK guy. He also isn’t going to get a giant long term deal.

With any hope, we see come training camp

????-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones/Lindgren( Vice versa on sides)

UFA steady cheap vet
Trouba gone

For me, I like Sanheim…
28 years old
6’4
10g 34A= 44pts in 81 gms last season and reports indicate he’s on the block.

Have to get Fox some help and rest.
Lindgren would be fine on 3rd pair next to jones. He’s also well liked/respected by his teammates

There could be an argument made to keep Trouba on 3rd pair with jones and deal Lindgren as well. Either way, I think 1 of them should/will be gone….

Don’t see Theodore moving
Don’t want to pay Skjei Hanifin $$/term
Don’t want to trade for Chychrun at his cost. He’s not as good vs cost to acquire on the defensive/physical aspect of things.

Beyond making some type of blockbuster deal for a 25yr old or younger established D, there’s just not a ton of good options available out there right now.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hindsight is obviously 20/20, but what would Kano have been worth at the draft in 2020? Once we knew we were getting Laf, and that we were already pretty set at wing with Kreider, Panarin, and Buch, I can only imagine that we could have gotten a nice haul for him at that time.

You think Ottawa would have traded the 5OA that year? Would be really nice to have Jake Sanderson on this squad…
The move would have been to include him in the package for EIchel.

Word on the street was a deal wasn’t getting done without 1 of Laf/Kakko included

Prob would have been something like
Kakko+ chytil+ prospect+ 1st

Then they could have potentially dealt Zibby the following year……

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm intrigued by Kreider and Chytil together. With Kakko? I don't wanna see Chris score 3 even strength goals.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I thought about Kakko for Perfetti. The latter is a smaller player. Both players need a change of scenery.

Detroit is looking for a right-handed shooting D. Which contract without retaining money? Chiarot at $4.75M per remaining for two more years. Wallman? $3.4M per for two more years?

If the choice is Trouba or Chiarot, I might actually pick Trouba. That's how bad Chiarot is

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm intrigued by Kreider and Chytil together. With Kakko? I don't wanna see Chris score 3 even strength goals.
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko looked good for the brief times it was tried in the last few years. If you don't want Kakko there (or in the team, you've made yourself quite clear already), that's fine. Kreider and Chytil should be a good foundation.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
If kk is still here I’d rather move z with him. Z wants to be a 2 way guy try and create a shutdown line of cuylle/vesey-z-kk. Then k-chytil-fa signing/trade/berard or Othman.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Let's not try to sell ourselves on Lindgren and Trouba just being hurt.

Sure, Lindgren went from just terrible to an actual war crime, but terrible is still his base.
To be clear, this was the first year he’d been actively bad.
Previous year he was mediocre, but this year he fell off a cliff

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Kakko is going to have a monster offseason and put up 55 pts next year. Im staying positive like i was with laf.

He sees what laff did, now its his turn.

Its go time!

I’d drop Mika to the 3rd before Kreider for sure.
It shoulsnt matter.

The top 3 lines should all be plauing about the same amount of time. Its just semantics.

A study was done and it shoed that cup winners generally rolled 4 lines and did not really overplay their top 6 forwards.

What cup winners do is overplay their top 4 dmen in the playoffs.

But we have trouba and lindgren in the top 4 so that wont work here

Reactions: UnSandvich

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I thought about Kakko for Perfetti. The latter is a smaller player. Both players need a change of scenery.

Detroit is looking for a right-handed shooting D. Which contract without retaining money? Chiarot at $4.75M per remaining for two more years. Wallman? $3.4M per for two more years?

Trouba for Maatta with no retention. Straight up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll catch up on 40 odd posts when I get a chance
Just dropped by to note this:

vindication
peeps can agree/disagree in good faith but specifically calling out coach playing Wennberg + not Rempe, which I called out in real time before, during and after, is why I get to say bern >>>> R braintrust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad