Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just means theyll live with Jonny B Good at 3C until the deadline and use the Chytil LTIR space to add a guy who can play 3C.

He's definitely closer than Othmann, but not as close as Edstrom imo
Yeah, Edstrom I'm ready to just shove right in there.

I saw him once and I was like "where was this guy? This is exactly what we need."

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Man this is going to be an interesting post season. I don’t think we need to bulk up. It’s not about bulk, it’s about mindset.

We need to bulk down by replacing Trouba with someone with more mobility.

Now, if we’re talking about moving Panarin, somehow finding our own Huberdeau for Tkachuk trade, then yeah, maybe add some bulk that way.

But high level, getting to the paint ain’t about bulk, it’s about willingness.

Too finesse heavy is an issue as well as 5 on 5 play. We need compete players that does what it takes to win. Say what you want but id take 5 Marchands over 5 Panarin. Marchand another small player but he goes to the dirty areas and knows what it takes to win. We need skilled gritty players no matter of their size.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Zadorov is one of the best personalities in the league. And his game in the playoffs is awesome, as long as you get him to play man-on-man defence.

But someone is going to give him a big contract and regret it almost immediately. He's a third pairing defenceman. And some people are talking about him possibly getting even something around 6mil.

I'm just telling you, if someone is going to give Zadorov around 6mil a year that's basically Trouba 2.0

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I did a franchise mode in like, NHL 2k6 or whatever the f*** a long ass time ago.

I drafted this Latvian kid who was 6'8" in the 2nd round and he ended up being a pocket knife who could play C or W, was huge along the boards, a good defender, and chipped in clutch goals. He was a massive role player on a four-Cup dynasty.

I saw Edstrom play and I was like "OH MY GOD HE'S REAL!!!!"

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I did a franchise mode in like, NHL 2k6 or whatever the f*** a long ass time ago.

I drafted this Latvian kid who was 6'8" in the 2nd round and he ended up being a pocket knife who could play C or W, was huge along the boards, a good defender, and chipped in clutch goals. He was a massive role player on a four-Cup dynasty.

I saw Edstrom play and I was like "OH MY GOD HE'S REAL!!!!"

This was Radek Faksa for me in NHL20 during the pandemic. Will always have a soft spot for this random guy who turned into prime Kopitar in a video game franchise lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm more concerned with Brooks mentioning on the podcast that he thinks Lindgren gets done early. We've seen the best of the player already. There is no growth coming.

Boyle is spot on with what this team needs to do. An Edstrom-Rempe combo for the 4th line can cause a lot of issues, even if it's not the final product for that line. The sheer size combined with good skating for bigger guys can provide that playoff shutdown type line.

When this team did go to the final, the 4th line played a crucial role being used in the d zone and getting the puck into the offensive zone so the top 3 lines can start there. We need a line that can do just that.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This was Radek Faksa for me in NHL20 during the pandemic. Will always have a soft spot for this random guy who turned into prime Kopitar in a video game franchise lol.
I was legit really sad when I heard Konstantin Koltsov died. He was a player for me on that same team.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm more concerned with Brooks mentioning on the podcast that he thinks Lindgren gets done early. We've seen the best of the player already. There is no growth coming.

Boyle is spot on with what this team needs to do. An Edstrom-Rempe combo for the 4th line can cause a lot of issues, even if it's not the final product for that line. The sheer size combined with good skating for bigger guys can provide that playoff shutdown type line.

When this team did go to the final, the 4th line played a crucial role being used in the d zone and getting the puck into the offensive zone so the top 3 lines can start there. We need a line that can do just that.

If Lindgren is staying I think Trouba is already gone in Drury's head.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If Lindgren is staying I think Trouba is already gone in Drury's head.
If Drury thinks Lindgren is so important, I'm not sure he's seeing the big picture that clearly. We need a huge upgrade for Fox & if Lindgren is here this org hasn't shown the willingness to break up the BFFs. More of the same doesn't get us past the ECFs.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
God willing
I edited my post. I just don't see it. If he's here, he's playing with Fox...rinse, repeat. No thanks.

Lindgren's like Strome in my book. A great Ranger, exceeded expectations, but I don't want him back at any number even if his hometown discount was the vet minimum. Sometimes you need to know when it's time to cut bait.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I edited my post. I just don't see it. If he's here, he's playing with Fox...rinse, repeat. No thanks.

Lindgren's like Strome in my book. A great Ranger, exceeded expectations, but I don't want him back at any number, even if his hometown discount was the vet minimum. Sometimes you need to know when it's time to cut bait.

My preference would be to move on from Lindgren and Trouba. But that's a lot of locker room changes. Maybe Drury doesnt care about that but as it stands today I have a hard time believing we see that kind of turnover on D.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Perron is pretty washed.

I’d rather let someone win that spot in house than spend money there.

I have no problem with him staying if he takes a hometown discount and Trouba is gone and upgraded on.

There is no hometown discount that makes him worth it.

You guys all realize that in order to take an actual discount, he would have to be non tendered and then sign at a reduced rate to what he made last year right? His QO is 3.6 and thats too much for a bottom pairing defender. Theres no amount of a discount that makes him worth it if he's playing in the top 4.

His agent will never allow him to do this and Lindgren for the sake of his financial future shouldn't do it. This will likely be the contract that is going to set him up for post retirement which is going to come sooner for him than it will for most other players.

I hope he gets his bag elsewhere. We've squeezed the best anyone is going to get out of him in this league already.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Perron is pretty washed.

I’d rather let someone win that spot in house than spend money there.

There is no hometown discount that makes him worth it.

You guys all realize that in order to take an actual discount, he would have to be non tendered and then sign at a reduced rate to what he made last year right? His QO is 3.6 and thats too much for a bottom pairing defender. Theres no amount of a discount that makes him worth it if he's playing in the top 4.

His agent will never allow him to do this and Lindgren for the sake of his financial future shouldn't do it. This will likely be the contract that is going to set him up for post retirement which is going to come sooner for him than it will for most other players.

I hope he gets his bag elsewhere. We've squeezed the best anyone is going to get out of him in this league already.

I agree and would trade him and let him be someone else's problem. But i will believe it when I see it.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
My preference would be to move on from Lindgren and Trouba. But that's a lot of locker room changes. Maybe Drury doesnt care about that but as it stands today I have a hard time believing we see that kind of turnover on D.
Then get used to end of season disappointment. Unlike most, I wasn't that angry when we lost, because I never had faith in this core to win it all. I saw this team as a 1st round exit coming into the season & they greatly exceeded my expectations. They sucked me in a bit after the Carolina series, but immediately reverted back to the team that was eliminated from the past 2 postseasons vs Florida. This is who they are & if Drury is going to be sentimental instead of moving out pieces that he can actually move for upgrades, we're going to be an entertaining regular season team that simply can't get over the hump. Happens all the time in sports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad