Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Then why is Laviolette still employed?
Im sorry Lavi is a mistake?
The coach that took us to the ecf, got Laf to be a rising star instead of a potential bust, and maximized a roster which included Igor playing bad for the first half AND missing Fox for a month and still won the presidents trophy

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
To put it in perspective, here are a couple of guys who are projected to make around what Kakko is making per AFP:

Kasperi Kapanen - 2 years @ $2.4m

Sam Lafferty - 2 years @ $2.4m

Jordan Martinook - 3 years @ $2.7m

Taylor Raddysh - 2 years @ $2.3m

Jack Roslovic - 3 years @ $3m

Yakov Trenin - 3 years @ $2.6m

I wouldn't say Kakko @ $2.4m is a bad deal at all, considering he is one year removed from 32 ES points

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Im sorry Lavi is a mistake?
The coach that took us to the ecf, got Laf to be a rising star instead of a potential bust, and maximized a roster which included Igor playing bad for the first half AND missing Fox for a month and still won the presidents trophy
He didn’t “get us” anywhere, he’s no different than Gallant who also “got us” to the ECF.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Reinhart scored the most important goal in Panthers history in game 7, after scoring 57 goals in the regular season.

9.5 cap hit.

Panarin's cap hit is 11.6... where are the rings and big playoff goals? 1 goal 2 years ago against PIT in the 1st round doesn't cut it.

who cares? what's the point of posting this? you're just yelling into the void, not contributing anything

you got a solution? trade panarin, sign reinhart? force panarin to be a better playoff performer? reinhart wasn't even "that good" in the playoffs, 16 points in 24 games.

don't just vomit your random thoughts onto the message board, try to have a filter and at least contribute somethign to those thoughts

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

As I reported before, Nashville has interest in Stamkos if he does. My colleague Chris Johnston has speculated that the Detroit Red Wings are another potential option. There would be several suitors, of course, for a 40-goal scorer and a character leader like Stamkos.
I wonder if the Vegas Golden Knights would come calling if they can’t re-sign Jonathan Marchessault?

On Kane:

So discussions are ongoing with Monday’s market opening looming. Kane’s preference, I believe, would be to stay in the Eastern Conference if he moves on.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I get it, but no. I hate Guentzel and do not want him here, period.
That’s also besides the fact that it would take $9m from the Rangers on a 7 year contract while Panarin has only 2 years left on his. Wake me up when Guentzel hits 90 points for the first time (now without Sid) which Panarin did 4 times for the Rangers.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
mika's already signed for a long time no need to extend him!
Lock him for 8 more now! Picture Mika with a hatrick in 2032 on Jonathan Quicks son.
Florida should only give Reinhart that deal if he stops with the twitching. And for the love of god, Pidto stops with the REIIIIIINHART next season.
Lol. That's the only think Pedo does that I enjoy.

I need to get a life.

Reactions: will1066

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lavi did a lot of good things during the year, but he did not have a great post season, that's for certain.
I like him as a guy (just as I did Quinn and Gallant) but as far as his coaching abilities, he’s left a lot to be desired so far

Why not? They're the most talented options available that will actually take a 2 year deal, which is basically a prerequisite.
Because we don’t need a top 6 winger.

We need to revamp our defense and our bottom 6

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lavi did a lot of good things during the year, but he did not have a great post season, that's for certain.

I think he did about as good as he could with the roster he has

One of the big reasons Gallant was let go is he clashed with Drury and some players said they wanted more actual coaching and guidance

Getting to the ECF is a pretty good post season regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad