Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean if the Rangers were dead set on holding on to Trouba, they probably would not be so eager to ask for a list when it won’t even take effect for a few more days.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
This offseason and next deadline are going to cement my views on Drury. Individually, I have understood pretty much every move he's made other than that first summer. And last year's trade deadline -- which I am still annoyed with.

But I'm not sure he's been great big picture. We got for it almost every year. We have a lineup that's always been a little too thin. And because we go for it every year, we have limited draft capital and a prospect cupboard that's quite thin at the most important positions D and C.

And he came in 3 years ago preaching the same thing he's preaching now -- get bigger, stronger, harder to play against. And our assets and cap space to fix the issue just are never there.

This summer and deadline and how the team is retooled for the next 2 seasons is going to make or break his legacy as GM.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If they more or less have the list, they could start convincing him to be traded somewhere he'd prefer as opposed to one of the 16 other teams.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I mean if the Rangers were dead set on holding on to Trouba, they probably would not be so eager to ask for a list when it won’t even take effect for a few more days.
I think as it was once explained to me that this stuff is basically clerical work. Guys with clauses have until a certain date to submit their list to the organization. Box checked.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Been mentioned by a few people that if the Rangers are able to move Trouba that Tanev would be on their radar to replace him, which would be such a good pickup. If you made that swap while saving 3M or so on the cap which allows them to add a bigger name up front, I would be really happy with that off-season with the constraints of Zibanejads no move clause.

Reactions: leetch99

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i feel like we need a poll.

What is better for NYR:

A. Trade Trouba, extend Lindgren short term and play him on the 2nd or 3rd pair.
B. Trade Lindgrens rights, play Trouba on the 3rd pair.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
wouldn’t NYR be asking Trouba for his 15 teams regardless? Since his contract status is changing?

If Trouba played great I doubt they’d be rushing to ask for his list. Plus, in normal circumstances, the onus falls on player/agent to submit it rather then team ask, I believe.

If the team is asking, there’s probably a reason

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

What is better for NYR:

A. Trade Trouba, extend Lindgren short term and play him on the 2nd or 3rd pair.

B. He's the better player and whats left is already short term. The buyout if needed a year from now is very manageable.

A. Won't happen and even if it did I'm not confident that he can be effective even in a bottom pairing role. This is Girardi redux.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

What is better for NYR:

i like B. But I want Trouba @ $4m and healthy, so he can keep hammering people.

my biggest problem with trouba, outside of him playing injured!! is how much $ he makes for what he brings/doesn't bring to the team.

I appreciate the physicality, because the Rangers need that. They need that from whomever winds up replacing him!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Im sure it was already discussed but McGroarty seems like a kid Drury would love to go after. Wonder if there is anything to be done there
Kakko for Rudiger McMoriarty 1 for 1 do it Chris

What is better for NYR:

B, beacause the idiot coaches will finally be forced to give Fox a different, and assumingly better, partner.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Can stuff start happening already? Or do we have to wait until July 1
Yes stuff can happen. They would simply need to approach the player. If they are making a trade with Trouba, it would be logical to put it on the front burner. Trouba doesn’t have any July 1 bonuses so there’s no holdup on that end.

They can also approach the player and ask them to accept a trade to a team on their list (Buffalo?)

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Im sure it was already discussed but McGroarty seems like a kid Drury would love to go after. Wonder if there is anything to be done there
Depends on how the Rangers see McGroaty. If they think he can play in the NHL next year, go for it. I’m thinking Kakko and 1st for McGroaty rights and 2nd.

They have to ask for the list. Thats league rules. They also have to have Kreider’s list.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Unless you're bonded by the powers of friendship.
giphy.gif

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
This offseason and next deadline are going to cement my views on Drury. Individually, I have understood pretty much every move he's made other than that first summer. And last year's trade deadline -- which I am still annoyed with.

But I'm not sure he's been great big picture. We got for it almost every year. We have a lineup that's always been a little too thin. And because we go for it every year, we have limited draft capital and a prospect cupboard that's quite thin at the most important positions D and C.

And he came in 3 years ago preaching the same thing he's preaching now -- get bigger, stronger, harder to play against. And our assets and cap space to fix the issue just are never there.

This summer and deadline and how the team is retooled for the next 2 seasons is going to make or break his legacy as GM.
We’re a little thin?
I’m sorry what?
Our forward group is one of the best in the NHL in terms of overall talent and depth. We may not have torontos high end top 2, but we’re not far behind.
Our defense was thin, but that looks like his main area to address.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
We’re a little thin?
I’m sorry what?
Our forward group is one of the best in the NHL in terms of overall talent and depth. We may not have torontos high end top 2, but we’re not far behind.
Our defense was thin, but that looks like his main area to address.
Yes... our forward group is thin on possession players.

That's why they are power play merchants.

This team needs forward puck transporters as well as puck retrievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad