Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Don't have to tell myself. I've already told you in full display for everyone else to also see.

You continue to say nothing cause you got nothing.

I will continue to call you out as long as you press on like this without speaking to substance -- where you have lost and will continue to lose.

Surrender Dorothy

Told me what? You wanted Rempe to play big minutes in the playoffs despite yourself admitting he wasn't ready.

Whether he shouldve played more in the regular season is irrelevant to the first point. Playoffs weren't the time to sort through his 'growing pains'

It doesn't matter what I say or anyone says. You are lost in space and live in your own world where you spout the same bullshit, worded in different ways but still delusional and incorrect. It goes way beyond arguing about Matt Rempe.

Go ahead and pull out your thesaurus to craft another clueless response.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yous are all f***ing nuts if you think there is any chance Igor getting traded.

They will keep him for his final year, load the f*** up at the deadline and try to squeeze a cup out of this group+ others before letting him walk as a UFA before they trade him.

At this point it's probably the best way to go. If Igor is as good as his 12.3 million dollar asking price he'll go off in his contract year and if we can support him with the right pieces in front of him this will probably be our best chance to win for a little bit.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’m truly worried if this is drurys mindset. Keep trouba. Likes tanev. Wants to use kakko to move up in the draft. Kane as a priority. He’s starting to make me nervous that he’s not the guy to get this team over the hump.

STARTING to make you worry?

Who is replacing Trouba?

Kakko wants a fresh start. It's not hard to understand.

Who isn't replacing Trouba? He's a sub replacement level defender.

Reactions: CLW

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Tell me you didn't read the article with out telling me that you didn't read the article.

I read the article.

We are keeping Trouba and shopping Kakko for a "move up," (translation: late picks, which we will miss on).

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I read the article.

We are keeping Trouba and shopping Kakko for a "move up," (translation: late picks, which we will miss on).

No, it says that they aren't going to buy him out. We knew this and I'd rather not do it this year either. A buy out isn't the only means to moving him.

Divided, not that they aren't going to do it. Even if they keep him for this season, it's not that big of an issue if they commit to giving him 3rd pair minutes. It's not the waive the white flag moment that a Lindgren extension would be.

Kakko isn't really a needle mover either way. And they tend to do okay with their later 1st so I don't see what the fuss is here. There are other means to fill his spot including guys we already have in the organization (Berard, who checks almost every single box that this team needs outside of being a big guy but he's fearless. 3rd line is a great spot for him to break in on.)

My preference would be an NHL body instead of the draft pick unless certain guys are available at that spot but it is what it is.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kakko makes no sense for Winnipeg. Looking at their roster they need a C or defense more than another wing

Moving Kakko to move up in a weak draft is also a weird move to me but I’m not the GM so

Reactions: bernmeister

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kakko makes no sense for Winnipeg. Looking at their roster they need a C or defense more than another wing

Moving Kakko to move up in a weak draft is also a weird move to me but I’m not the GM so

Kakko could replace Ehlers who they are trying to move.

That is WAY too much. McGroarty isn't at that level. It's Kakko for Mcgroarty, and honestly, I think I would expect something small back from Winnipeg, not the other way around (think like a mid-round pick)

If Mcgroarty will sign with the Rangers and all I have to do is add the 30th overall pick to Kakko, thats not going to stop me. Its a glorified 2nd round pick and you're adding a forward who was a lottery pick 2 years ago. I dont think teams are busting down the door to trade for Kakko

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
No, it says that they aren't going to buy him out. We knew this and I'd rather not do it this year either. A buy out isn't the only means to moving him.

I'm pessimistically reading between the lines.

Kakko and the 30th pick for McGroarty makes a ton of sense to me if hes not going to sign in Winnipeg

What's McGroarty's upside?

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm pessimistically reading between the lines.

What's McGroarty's upside?

Idk prospects that well but hes well above a PPG pace in his 2 seasons at Michigan. Elite prospects blurb about him "He's a bull who relentlessly attacks the inside with skill and physicality" Sounds good to me.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

They will keep him for his final year, load the f*** up at the deadline and try to squeeze a cup out of this group+ others before letting him walk as a UFA before they trade him.

At this point it's probably the best way to go. If Igor is as good as his 12.3 million dollar asking price he'll go off in his contract year and if we can support him with the right pieces in front of him this will probably be our best chance to win for a little bit.
1719244494846.jpeg

Reactions: cheech70

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

If they trade Ehlers and lose Toffoli they definitely need a wing. If they want Perfetti to be a center then they need a wing even more.

Is it possible Dolan demanded they move up in the draft to try and make a splash since it's at the Sphere?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

You have to sign Igor this off season...thats the deadline...if Igor plays this year as a pending UFA it will not be good. He is a head case,1st slump can spiral things...Our last windows would be crippled...Trade for Brady is fair. Then Quick and whoever.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
McGroarty seems to want a spot right away in the NHL, and unless he's playing on his off-wing I'm not sure there's a real opportunity with the Rangers unless Cuylle is on the 4th line.

Reactions: McRanger92

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You have to sign Igor this off season...thats the deadline...if Igor plays this year as a pending UFA it will not be good. He is a head case,1st slump can spiral things...Our last windows would be crippled...Trade for Brady is fair. Then Quick and whoever.

He's pulled himself out of every slump that he's ever been in and has been the best playoff goalie over the last 3 years. No one else is even close.

That speaks against him being a head case.

McGroarty seems to want a spot right away in the NHL, and unless he's playing on his off-wing I'm not sure there's a real opportunity with the Rangers unless Cuylle is on the 4th line.

He plays RW.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kakko could replace Ehlers who they are trying to move.

If Mcgroarty will sign with the Rangers and all I have to do is add the 30th overall pick to Kakko, thats not going to stop me. Its a glorified 2nd round pick and you're adding a forward who was a lottery pick 2 years ago. I dont think teams are busting down the door to trade for Kakko
Why not get both

Kakko, #30, Something else

McGroarty and Ehlers

Winny traded their 1st rounder this year. But yeah that #30 is basically a 2nd rounder.

Kakko replaces Ehlers, Ehlers replaces Kakko. McGroarty is a year or two away i would think, but could also find his way onto the depth chart in the bottom 6

I like Ehlers and think hes a good fit but he would need to buck his postseason trend. His track record there isnt great

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

No surprise. We always have to pay top dollar..

Don't understand how these other teams always get their guys locked in
it's very simple. many other teams, the smart teams, lock their young talent up *BEFORE* they break out.

like I and other smart fans were advocating we do with Laf last offseason while most and arthur staple were claiming he was on his last chance as a NYR. f***ing morons. we have the same opportunity as everyone, better, really, but can't get out of our own way.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He's pulled himself out of every slump that he's ever been in and has been the best playoff goalie over the last 3 years. No one else is even close.

That speaks against him being a head case.

He plays RW.
I've only seen him listed as a center or left wing. But if so then that makes the fit more tenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad