Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I want to see Drury make another run at Tuch before Friday. We have the assets to get him. Buffalo is such a sad franchise they probably couldn’t trade him if they wanted to because of the optics. Kakko, Lindgren++? I’d do it. We need a straight line top 6 guy.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Eberle and Wennberg would fill both holes and probably are the best fits for each spot. Would definitely cost the 1st+ but unless you are getting a guy with term to fill the top line RW spot I don't see a better use of trading the 1st.
do not throw 1st away wasted trade

Why even argue? One of his posts had Edstrom between Kreider and Zibanejad. It's ludicrous.
Those who choose to be close minded will continue to suffer from doing so.

I would first bring up Oth + Ber and see if there is lighting in a bottle as 1RW

I also said yrs ago we should experiment w/Zib at RW
Absent a better add [Zegras this yr/Byfield last yr] there is no one other than Edstrom [Rempe not enuf NHL experience as pivot for higher lines at C].

Again, key word here is experiment
try it 2-5 shfits/game for several games
see if anything clicks
if yes --- yay we have stopgap this yr
if no -- ok, WE LEARNED from doing something

I think he’s over the showboating-goon hump. Aside from possibly the Devils game, should be mostly straight up hockey for him for the next stretch. Good chance for him to show he can play.

So he’s saying gourde is on the block. I’d move a first-plus for him.
NO

berard and 2 3rds for wennberg?
NO

Wennberg is definitely very underwhelming but they NEED a C and there probably arent a ton of options
They do not NEED another pivot. They COULD USE one, but not NEED

The greatest need atm is D, esp RD where we have zero depth.
Still if we are gonna get off this junkie reliance on rentals, the answer is gonna have to be no, unless there happens to emerge an exception to the rule

Hopefully people will warm up to Goodrow-Brodz-Vesey as the 4th line. That's the most likely outcome.
do not want, no ditching rem and ed

I think putting Mika with hard working defensive effort guys like Cuylle and Kakko could help figure out some forward issues. Let him just treat Cuylle like a worse version of Kreider in the offensive zone at the net and tell Mika to just start firing shots as much as he can when he gets in the zone.
I would be open to this experiment as well
It is a given Cuylle + KK work well together.
Zib MAYBE is a fit
Chemistry is important
That is an unknown here.

alright I think im finally out on Kakko - I dont think he figures it out here. He’s a headcase. Send him to a small market.
Or we could just be patient and not give Cuylle +/KK short shrift

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
all signs point to Eberle re-signing in Seattle so not sure where his name is coming from
I want to see Drury make another run at Tuch before Friday. We have the assets to get him. Buffalo is such a sad franchise they probably couldn’t trade him if they wanted to because of the optics. Kakko, Lindgren++? I’d do it. We need a straight line top 6 guy.
Kakko isn’t doing anything for them and neither is Lindgren. It probably starts with Schneider and a first and add a prospect like Ohtmann

Reactions: majordomo

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
all signs point to Eberle re-signing in Seattle so not sure where his name is coming from

Kakko isn’t doing anything for them and neither is Lindgren. It probably starts with Schneider and a first and add a prospect like Ohtmann

Deal. I love Schneider but we can always go after Pesce or DeMelo this summer. Trouba isn’t going anywhere

Reactions: I Eat Crow

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no

Deal. I love Schneider but we can always go after Pesce or DeMelo this summer. Trouba isn’t going anywhere
no

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Wait. Schneider(who's playing well), Othmann, and a 1st for Tuch. Are you joking?

No deal.

Reactions: CLW

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wait. Schneider(who's playing well), Othmann, and a 1st for Tuch. Are you joking?

No deal.
Yeah he’s a top 6 forward who is Buffalo’s next captain and on a good deal for another 2.5 years. They’re not going to give him away

Buffalo has nothing at RD and Schneider is probably immediately going onto their top pairing

Not saying I would make that deal, but that’s the sort of compensation you’d have to offer to move the needle.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A headcase?? What lol. Smh. Misplaced take.

He was strong tonight. Made plays. Maybe Kreider and Zibanejad should grow a pair and elevate their game. They are the problem.
Kreids & Z were bad again, sadly. No one will dispute that.

Kakko was decent I'd say... but he's still disappointing overall.

He could've tied that game but shot it wide.

I'm happy he's looked "better" of late but an honest look says it ain't enough.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yeah he’s a top 6 forward who is Buffalo’s next captain and on a good deal for another 2.5 years. They’re not going to give him away

Buffalo has nothing at RD and Schneider is probably immediately going onto their top pairing

Not saying I would make that deal, but that’s the sort of compensation you’d have to offer to move the needle.
That is a huge overpay and I would kill Drury for doing that. Tuch is a good player and I would like him on this team but he is not worth that package. They can keep him.

Reactions: bernmeister

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I dunno I think it's pretty fair. Tuch is good.

I'd try to sub out Schneider for Lindgren. He's everything that the Sabres would want including being terrible.
I'd do this.

Saw a poster on the main board suggest that the only way Tuch moves is if he's not the best player moved in the trade. A delusional bunch, they are.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona

I'd try to sub out Schneider for Lindgren. He's everything that the Sabres would want including being terrible.

I'd do this.

Saw a poster on the main board suggest that the only way Tuch moves is if he's not the best player moved in the trade. Delusional bunch, they are.

Buffalo would want nothing to do with Lindgren since they have Dahlin and Power locking down the left side for the next 10+ years.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Lindgren yes, Schneider no. That's a big difference. I'm also not sure about giving up Othmann also. Tuch is good but he ain't that good. 40 points this season.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Kreids & Z were bad again, sadly. No one will dispute that.

Kakko was decent I'd say... but he's still disappointing overall.

He could've tied that game but shot it wide.

I'm happy he's looked "better" of late but an honest look says it ain't enough.

Kakko would be excellent on the Panthers. Much more his style of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad