Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Re Vatrano -

He’s got 16 even strength goals and 11 on the PP, couple shorties. He’s shooting a hot 15.2%. He shoots a ton as we know.

We all know he’s on every teams list, the history here and that he’s got another year of term which is attractive.

Were the metrics dog shit with Kreider and Mika when he was here?

Besides the fact of cost being too high, what’s the reasoning so many here are turned off by acquiring the player?

Not advocating to bring him in. I’ve said hes a lazy target. Would like feedback from all of yous.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Re Vatrano -

He’s got 16 even strength goals and 11 on the PP, couple shorties. He’s shooting a hot 15.2%. He shoots a ton as we know.

We all know he’s on every teams list, the history here and that he’s got another year of term which is attractive.

Besides the fact of cost being too high, what’s the reasoning so many here are turned off by acquiring the player?

Not advocating to bring him in. I’ve said hes a lazy target. Would like feedback from all of yous.
Think Eberle was the right move for RW. I don’t think I would be going for a winger with term in general

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Re Vatrano -

Absolute dogshit

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
So, it seems like Wennberg is a done deal. I’m ok with it in a vacuum.

We should poll everyone here on what we think an acceptable cost would be so that we can revisit it and twist ourselves into pretzels justifying the overpay once it actually goes down.
I think a 3rd plus a lower level prospect or pick, depending on that third team retention would be fair.

Upwards of a 2nd may be too much but the market for centers is pretty dry.

Would prefer packaging something up for Eberle as well as opposed to Vatrano.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Re Vatrano -

Career year, cost is high and if he’s not scoring, he provides little

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
alright I think im finally out on Kakko - I dont think he figures it out here. He’s a headcase. Send him to a small market.
I understand your frustration but didn't he just put up 7 points in 9 games or something like that?
Coach then decides to put him on a line again where he will put up maybe a single point in 10 games.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
To be a competitive 5x5 team Drury would need to add 5 players and lose 4.
Why bother. Stay with the girl you brought to the dance and hope you get lucky***.

*** definition of lucky is Shesterkin and Quick carry the team on their back’s to the Promised Land.

Reactions: mas0764 and Ail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad