Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Do the Rangers give up a 4th for double retention? $260K for a 4th round pick. The Rangers get Wennberg at $1.125M.
I guess it depends on what other moves they are looking to make. They've got about 6 mil to play with once Belzile and Rempe are sent down.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 5.41.22 PM.png

I feel like with Wennberg they need to get a warm body in here who plays C

Doesnt hit, not great on faceoffs, pass first mentality.

But he doesnt give the puck away much. Can PK and play a 200 ft game. He can fit into a possession role on the 3rd with Cuylle & Kakko if they get the RW to fit with Mika. He may even help Kakkos offensive game, but i'd have to see his style of play more.

They could use more scoring pop in the bottom 6, but guys like Henrique may cost too much so they are looking at some other metrics. I haven't seen his full analytics.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Wennberg for a mid round pick
Getting a decent mid 6 center should allow Lavi to at least explore breaking up Zib/Kreider. Brodz probably did not inspire offensive confident.

Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Wennberg _____
Cuylle Zib Kakko
Goodrow Brodz Vesey

Get a top 6 shooting RW and a depth Dman

Last edited:

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
It's such a minor thing, but the way 'finalist' is used in hockey-speak is so stupid. There's no 'finalists' in a trade, you either pay the price the other team finds acceptable, or you don't get the player. There's no knockout round where you go head to head with another team to advance to the next stage.
Same as with all the awards, there's no 'Norris finalist', you just end up being one of the 3 players with the highest vote count...

TL/DR - NHL speak is dumb and Mike is rant-y today...
I think it makes perfect sense

Getting a decent mid 6 center should allow Lavi to at least explore breaking up Zib/Kreider. Brodz probably did not inspire offensive confident.

Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Wennberg _____
Cuylle Zib Kakko
Edstrom Brodz Goodrow

Vesey instead of Goodrow plz

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Wennberg _____
Cuylle Zib Kakko
Edstrom Brodz Goodrow

Brodzinski won’t be in the lineup over Vesey

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
View attachment 829288

But he doesnt give the puck away much. Can PK and play a 200 ft game. He can fit into a possession role on the 3rd with Cuylle & Kakko if they get the RW to fit with Mika. He may even help Kakkos offensive game, but i'd have to see his style of play more.

They could use more scoring pop in the bottom 6, but guys like Henrique may cost too much so they are looking at some other metrics. I haven't seen his full analytics.
Now he'll up the handsome @KirkAlbuquerque

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'll be glad when all this bs is over.

If we're going to expend serious assets (Othmann, Berard, Sykora etc.) or picks (1st, 2nd rounders) what will make me happy is if we spend them on players with term remaining (not rentals) who will actually plug meaningful holes and in meaningful ways. Maybe it's just me but I look at the moves we made last year and one round and out and a 1st and 2nd gone. Tarasenko was okay and Kane was about as good as a 1 legged player could be but 1 legged players have a serious handicap. We ended with nothing to show for all that.

Wennberg doesn't do that for me. If we're going to throw a 4th or and/or a so so prospect fine. Go ahead. But personally he might have a nice 200' game but he doesn't give me the feeling that if he's on our 3rd line we're going to get any or much more offense than we're getting out of it now and the upgrade there over Brodzinski might be minimal if at all.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
to be honest I could see Jones and a...let's say 3rd or 4th round pick being the send for Wennberg

I think they're gonna move Jones and look to bring in a bigger stay at home guy for the 7th D and playoffs. Partly it helps Jones move on and start his career going somewhere, and it feels like he's just never gonna get their trust. If Drury could hold onto him and move Jones for a different piece then sure maybe a Robertson or something instead but I feel like the need might be to include a young player who has some NHL experience and is on that cusp of being a regular

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
View attachment 829288

While not ideal, if we give up a mid round pick and nothing else, I am very okay with a warm body acquisition.

Playing a 200 ft game and puck position are about as important as it gets in the playoffs.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Because that would be a really dumb place to use the cap space; especially sight unseen. We should not be extending any rental center until we know how they fit with the team, and frankly we need to figure out if Chytil can play or not too. This team does not have the cap space to take risks

He’s not sight unseen though? I mean you could say the same thing about any UFA who’s not already on the team

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Panarin Trocheck Laf
Kreider Wennberg _____
Cuylle Zib Kakko
Goodrow Brodz Vesey

Yeah. Definitely not worried about Kreider because he's looked okay regardless of center (Trocheck, Strome, Zib). He just seems to feed off of whoever he's with, so I think he'd do better with a high work ethic kind of center.

Getting Mika going is the larger issue that underpins the trade deadline for me.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Yeah. Definitely not worried about Kreider because he's looked okay regardless of center (Trocheck, Strome, Zib). He just seems to feed off of whoever he's with, so I think he'd do better with a high work ethic kind of center.

Getting Mika going is the larger issue that underpins the trade deadline for me.
I think putting Mika with hard working defensive effort guys like Cuylle and Kakko could help figure out some forward issues. Let him just treat Cuylle like a worse version of Kreider in the offensive zone at the net and tell Mika to just start firing shots as much as he can when he gets in the zone.

Reactions: Charlie Conway

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I’m OK with Weinberg but riddle me this — how did he ever get that kind of money? Jarmo?

Brutal contract.
No no you're supposed to sign everyone off an ELC to a 7 year 31 million dollar contract for the nice low cap hit when they're 1st team all-stars 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad