Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I was fine with this last year when half the boards were salivating over a one-legged Patrick Kane and if the alternative is giving up a shit ton of assets for Buch or Guentzel, I'm fine with it this year too. If Drury wants to see if someone like Duclair works on that line for a 4th or something, fine. Otherwise focus on depth D and maybe an upgrade on Brodz if the price isn't prohibitive.

I'm on board with that, although I don't see why we would upgrade Brodz and split up that line if the intent is to keep them together. There's no guarantee whoever slots in there will be better, although I'd be fine trialing that, moving Brodz to the 4th and ideally shipping Goodrow the other way.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I'm on board with that, although I don't see why we would upgrade Brodz and split up that line if the intent is to keep them together. There's no guarantee whoever slots in there will be better, although I'd be fine trialing that, moving Brodz to the 4th and ideally shipping Goodrow the other way.
Agreed. I was thinking of like a Dowd/Wennberg type who if they don't work between Cuylle and Kakko are still valuable as 4th liners.

Reactions: Kendo

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
What do you do with them though? Panarin/Tro/Laf works, Cuylle/Brodz/Kakko works. I don't really want those lines messed with.

It's not even so much Kreider. Kreider can change up his game. He was good with Trocheck at times...he was good with Strome... If not better, he's not worse.

Zibanejad is the one who seems to have problems clicking with anyone else.

Very small sample sizes for this year, but Mika takes bit of a dive without Kreider.*

Zib.PNG

Even if you expand it to 2021-2022 through thus far in 2023-2024, Mika is still significantly worse without Kreider by a couple of measures.

2021-2024.PNG

*Worth noting that in situations where Mika is without Kreider, it tends to be significantly more defensive zone draws.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
How many teams in this day and age trade one of their top 2 prospects? 1st round picks sure. Solid prospect sure. But almost never an organizations top 2 any more . Cutter Gauthier was a special circumstance

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Just because you don’t know what you would do, does not change the facts. He quit on his team. For his own benefit. He had it coming, and if it was me, I’d just accept the consequences of my actions. As I was raised to do and have always done. At a well younger age than 20.
Also, I do not eat chips off of my chest, I prefer pretzels, and one does not need to be a “warrior,” keyboard or otherwise, to have a basic sense of honor or commitment. The fact that you needed to resort to insults says more about you than anyone saying Krav quit on his teammates.

THAT is a hometown discount.
Just edited my comment because it glitched out on mobile. I really didnt even mean that as an insult, nothing personal. It was more “hey we’re just a bunch of oafs on here speculating baselessly about this stuff”.

It’s crazy to say that a 19 year old doesn’t understand honor or commitment because he chose to make like 5 times as much money at home on the other side of the world as opposed to being benched repeatedly in the AHL. And I’m not some huge Kravtsov guy. I just hate when people default to calling young players divas and whiners whenever anything goes wrong despite it happening repeatedly with this team

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Nothing was revised. Kravtsov literally was playing less than Michael Haley

Literally was the most benign jab of all time, gotta lighten up.

I didnt even mean that as an insult. It was more “hey we’re just a bunch of oafs on here speculating baselessly about this stuff”.

It’s crazy to say that a 19 year old doesn’t understand honor or commitment because he chose to make like 5 times as much money at home on the other side of the world as opposed to being benched repeatedly in the AHL. And I’m not some huge Kravtsov guy. I just hate when people default to calling young players divas and whiners whenever anything goes wrong despite it happening repeatedly with this team
I’ve got no love or hate for vk and I don’t blame him for going back to Russia when he had that in his contract, that’s a fail on the rangers letting him do that.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It's not even so much Kreider. Kreider can change up his game. He was good with Trocheck at times...he was good with Strome... If not better, he's not worse.

Zibanejad is the one who seems to have problems clicking with anyone else.

Very small sample sizes for this year, but Mika takes bit of a dive without Kreider.*

View attachment 828208

Even if you expand it to 2021-2022 through thus far in 2023-2024, Mika is still significantly worse without Kreider by a couple of measures.

View attachment 828214

*Worth noting that in situations where Mika is without Kreider, it tends to be significantly more defensive zone draws.
Mika Goodrow

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
What’s the latest? I ain’t combing through 17 pages.

Zib and Panarin don't mesh....and I don't want Zib anywhere near Laf. -- only logical spot is to move them to the bottom lines (one on third and one on 4th)...but I honestly do not see that happening: The Dolt would have totally lose it.

Mika can’t play with Panarin, Laf, Kakko, and apparently not Kreider anymore either.

Get lost Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad