Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Lindgren is gone. He is the one that needs to go. Trouba can be put on the 3rd pair and have more limited time. We need a better LD to pair with Fox. I don't know who it should be, but there are options.

I'd trade Lindgren, Kakko and Chytil. Let Ros and Wennberg walk.

More Trochecks, less panarins.
Hanafin was the player for that spot. Sucks he was locked up but that was to be expected.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
My order of importance:
1) Trouba needs to be gone. Not because I dislike him, the team needs that cap space to plug other holes
2) Kakko needs to go. It’s beyond time.
3) Lindgren should be traded. He’s all heart but he can’t move the puck or create any offense. Some team will pay for his leadership. Let them.
4) Goodrow should be shopped. Again, it’s a cap space issue. A 4th line player shouldn’t be making what he is making.

We are, as always, in alignment.

Though you need to be open to REALLY shopping Bread as well.

Reactions: NYR Viper

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don’t doubt that he is trying his hardest.

His hardest is awful.

I don’t think reworking the defense is that hard tbh. The FO just had to be willing to do it. f*** these “defense first” oafs who aren’t good at anything. Get a true 2 way defender another guy who is good at defense and doesn’t nuke offense and let’s get it.
I’m just not someone that believes you easily move Trouba off this roster unless every GM in the league aside from 3 just completely tuned out of these playoffs.

I would not be itching to trade for an $8M 6D that gives you okay PKing at the absolute most.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
We are, as always, in alignment.

Though you need to be open to REALLY shopping Bread as well.

I’m completely open to this if there is actually a taker and he would waive.

I’m just not someone that believes you easily move Trouba off this roster unless every GM in the league aside from 3 just completely tuned out of these playoffs.

I would not be itching to trade for an $8M 6D that gives you okay PKing at the absolute most.

I think it’s clear he wasn’t healthy. He’s a middle-pairing guy who is a very good PKer and leader while providing physicality and toughness.

I said this earlier but hes not making $8m per season. That’s his cap hit but not all teams only look at cap hit…

He makes $12m in real dollars over the next two seasons

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I’m completely open to this if there is actually a taker and he would waive.

I think it’s clear he wasn’t healthy. He’s a middle-pairing guy who is a very good PKer and leader while providing physicality and toughness.

I said this earlier but hes not making $8m per season. That’s his cap hit but not all teams only look at cap hit…

I am quite drunk, but I am eagerly awaiting the offseason Panarin fights. One certain poster needs to step up and tell us why they thought everyone was so dumb for thinking Panarin was bad this postseason.

Reactions: NYR Viper

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am quite drunk, but I am eagerly awaiting the offseason Panarin fights. One certain poster needs to step up and tell us why they thought everyone was so dumb for thinking Panarin was bad this postseason.

I’m genuinely curious if there are teams that would be interested in him. He appears to like big cities, where would he waive to? Chicago maybe?

nyrob13

Jun 21, 2015
Florida replaced Mahura, Gudas, and Staal with Mikkola, OEL, and Kulikov. Phenomenal results. Would it be too much to ask for us to do something similar (Trouba, Lindgren, and Gus)? Should be eyeing Theodore, Chychrun, Andersson via trade. Roy via FA.

Doubt Mika/Bread/Kreider are going anywhere.

Wouldn't take Roslovic back if he signed for $300.00

Excited to see infusion of some of the Hartford guys - Berard, Othmann, Edstrom

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Figure out a way to add guys who will be good in the playoffs. Wennberg and Roslovic were never adding anything in the playoffs. It's a different game. It's no coincidence that the same players seem to play well during that time

Reactions: Go Rangers

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Listen all, shitty way to end a great season… I get it everyone is mad. I am too.
Fact of the matter is this is overall a young squad who should be good for a while with cheap reinforcements of the exact type of players we need coming up the pipe.
Besides Trochek and solid play from Goodrow, it’s was our Vets that really let us don’t and didn’t carry the water. You need to lean on your vets for primary chances. We didn’t get that this series
From our 30 years old and older crowd..
Kreider, was meh and Panarin and Zibby were down right non-existent.
The meter also came due on or TDL additions. Not enough firepower and guts added, and it showed against a heavy vet battle tested squad like the panthers.

There is no easy solution for hard work and compete level… it sucks, it hurts, and no one likes to do it. But it’s like taking strong shitty tasting medicine to make you feel better.
The more you do it, the more it becomes natural.
Trouba and Panarin are on borrowed time here. 2 years or sooner will go by quick.
Zibby is a problem for another day.

As good as Lavi was all year, he made some bad non-adjustments throughout this series and it cost us.
The main culprit being the PP. as soon as it was evident they were rushing Fox and leaving behind their net open, Panarin should have set up shop behind there being arguably our most gifted passer next to Fox.
Using the net as a barrier, it would have at least gave him an extra second to feed the puck from there, much like Gretzky used to do as he went up in age.

Not getting laf on a dwindling PP when he’s your hottest offensive weapon is also puzzling. The PP isn’t some sacred Cow, he switched up line combos enough, I think if he could do it over, he would.
We all know a 1 legged Fox isn’t the real Fox either. I’m sure others are also playing injured/hurt as well. It’s that time of the year.

If I’m Drury, I start the changing of the guard in regards to team leadership as fast as this offseason.
I’m ok with Goodie/Trochek taking larger roles in that dept.
Adding Edstrom/Jones/Berard as full timers should up the talent level and make us harder to play against.
Miller and Schneider need to take another step next year as well.
Fox should no longer being killing penalties on this team unless it’s an emergency.
I could go on, but there are def moves to be made….
This place might be insufferable in the offseason, so I prob won’t post as much til season gets rolling next year….

Take a deep breath, it’s only the beginning.
I hope you all have a happy, healthy, and prosperous year.
-jay

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Give Patrice Bergeron whatever he wants to come out of retirement.

Need to fix the leadership vacuum before anything else. Been a problem for at least a decades

Need to find a way off Trouba but either way need at least two Dmen. They need a better partner for Fox, and someone else that can move the puck so that’s not all on him either.

Next year is the last year they can choose to aggressively buy before the Igor extension. Can’t do another half measure deadline. They should have done the Guentzel deal this year. That would have made a huge difference

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Unrestricted free agents: Alexander Wennberg, Jack Roslovic, Erik Gustafsson, Chad Ruhwedel, Blake Wheeler

None of these guys are worth bringing back. Maybe Ruhwedel on the cheap for the third pair, but it's not like we saw much of him this year.

Restricted free agents: Kaapo Kakko, Ryan Lindgren, Braden Schneider

Kakko is the biggest decision. What will he ask? Regardless, I know there are fans of him here and if you remove his draft status from the equation, you'd find a solid defensive forward. But I think he would be much better served on another team. I think the Rangers will trade him.

And with Lindgren, he's a warrior. I mean a true warrior in the mold of Dan Girardi. Incredible toughness. The problem is he's always hurt, he has slow footspeed and he contributes nothing on offense. I have a feeling he's gonna ask for more than he's worth and Drury shouldn't go overboard.

Schneider is a must re-sign. Still a young player and still room for improvement.

Ironically, the #1 guy on my FA wishlist is Brady Skjei. I think he'd be an excellent replacement for Lindgren. Great skater, can put up numbers offensively and can eat up top-4 minutes.

I think when the dust settles, you won't see the core broken up. I think you'll see Mika, Kreider, Panarin, and Trouba back. They have NMC and they'll most likely use 'em. IDK what the numbers would look like, but I would STRONGLY investigate buying out Jacob Trouba. He's a disgrace of a captain.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Need 2 way d-men who don't kill offense when the puck touches their stick.Too many in our top 6 are brutal with the puck...Trouba,Staa..Lindgren, Miller and Schneider has his moments.It's actually pretty amazing we got this far with that glaring weakness.Don't even get me started with our big guns besides Vinnie and Laf

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I hope this thread is VERY, EXTREMELY, HEAVILY active in the next couple of years because this roster needs HUGE changes & anyone who thinks "We're close because we went to the EC finals twice in 2 yrs" knows nothing about winning the Cup

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Do people here really go to the Main Boards to get some kind of honest perspective about your team that just lost?

Only takes being a member here about 1 day to see the roaches scurrying to the Main Board to be doooooshes

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
wow, vally saying on the post game they need to make big moves this offseason and how you cant teach guys attitude of getting into the slot and dirty areas. And how basically its not the coach, its the core. Wow.

I mean he’s probably right. Kreider and Mika have made great contributions to the franchise but they’ve always given the appearance as reluctant or unwilling leaders. It will never make sense to me why Kreider “didn’t want” the captaincy. Loser mentality, and I love Chris

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Unrestricted free agents: Alexander Wennberg, Jack Roslovic, Erik Gustafsson, Chad Ruhwedel, Blake Wheeler

None of these guys are worth bringing back. Maybe Ruhwedel on the cheap for the third pair, but it's not like we saw much of him this year.

Restricted free agents: Kaapo Kakko, Ryan Lindgren, Braden Schneider

Kakko is the biggest decision. What will he ask? Regardless, I know there are fans of him here and if you remove his draft status from the equation, you'd find a solid defensive forward. But I think he would be much better served on another team. I think the Rangers will trade him.

And with Lindgren, he's a warrior. I mean a true warrior in the mold of Dan Girardi. Incredible toughness. The problem is he's always hurt, he has slow footspeed and he contributes nothing on offense. I have a feeling he's gonna ask for more than he's worth and Drury shouldn't go overboard.

Schneider is a must re-sign. Still a young player and still room for improvement.

Ironically, the #1 guy on my FA wishlist is Brady Skjei. I think he'd be an excellent replacement for Lindgren. Great skater, can put up numbers offensively and can eat up top-4 minutes.

I think when the dust settles, you won't see the core broken up. I think you'll see Mika, Kreider, Panarin, and Trouba back. They have NMC and they'll most likely use 'em. IDK what the numbers would look like, but I would STRONGLY investigate buying out Jacob Trouba. He's a disgrace of a captain.

Let the UFAs walk.

Of the RFAs, re-sign Schneider. Trade Kakko and Lindgren’s rights.

Of the vets, trade Trouba, Kreider and Goodrow. Their NTCs are limited to 15 teams. Return doesn’t matter just free up the cap space. They are stuck with Panarin and Zibanejad who have full NTCs until the Sun implodes.

Reactions: hi

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Have to believe there is a chance at moving Trouba. Those highlights hits and the toughness would be valuable to a team with none. And you aren't winning anything in the playoffs without toughness.

We need Mika to rebound because there is no chance we move that contract.

Even though I HATE moving good playoff players, id trade Goodrow because there is going to be someone who takes him after these playoffs. Sell high.

Focus on adding guys who will be good on the playoffs. It's a different game and certain guys are better than others.

Looking forward to a 4th line next year with a lot of Rempe and Edstrom.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad