Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Welp, the annoying this is knowing that the usual suspects will still be here next season and beyond. Not much use in thinking about Trouba/Mika/Panarin trades.

My guess is that the "big shake up" is trading Miller with Kakko.

• Haha
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
It will take a little luck but after drinking my bourbon, I think we can potentially make a few trades where our team next season will look like this:

Laf-McDavid-Kreider

Panarin-Aho-Rempe

Draisaitl-Tro-Cuylle

Edstrom-Goodrow-Tkachuk (The ugly one)

Fox-Seider
Jones-Heiskanen
Schneider-Josi

Igor
Quick

Easy peasy!

Reactions: egelband

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
This will piss Machinehead off but if Brady Tkachuk is on the block I think the Rangers need to investigate that

ah yes Born Winner Brady Tkachuk who has never played for a team that's won more than 39 games in a season will fix it

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers should change their approach. Stop relying on the goalies and give up 30+ shots a night. It is not working

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I don't see Zib waiving his NMC
Wouldn't mind trading him back to Ottawa for #7, #25 - Maybe swap out a draft pick for Pinto, maybe add our #32. I dunno. This is two playoffs in a row he hasn't shown up in.

Welp, the annoying this is knowing that the usual suspects will still be here next season and beyond. Not much use in thinking about Trouba/Mika/Panarin trades.

Trouba only has a 15 team NTC in his last two seasons so Trouba trades are not fruitless cries into the void of the internet. Give me two 2nds for Trouba. Retain salary if necessary.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't see Zib waiving his NMC
Wouldn't mind trading him back to Ottawa for #7, #25 - Maybe swap out a draft pick for Pinto, maybe add our #32. I dunno. This is two playoffs in a row he hasn't shown up in.

Trouba only has a 15 team NTC in his last two seasons so Trouba trades are not fruitless cries into the void of the internet. Give me two 2nds for Trouba. Retain salary if necessary.

Trouba to Nashville. They lost McD, Trotz may value what he brings. Nice city and no state income tax (I think). Mr and Dr Trouba I’m sure will be happy to get out of the NY cesspit

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Here we are again boys. Another off season ahead of us. Go get Choochrun

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
ah yes Born Winner Brady Tkachuk who has never played for a team that's won more than 39 games in a season will fix it
Matthew Tkachuk played like 15 playoff games before he got traded to Florida.

It’s not a prerequisite for being a playoff player. He does the things this team lacks and he does them very well. The glaring hole this series was a player other than Lafreniere or Trocheck that was willing to get to the net.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Matthew Tkachuk played like 15 playoff games before he got traded to Florida.

It’s not a prerequisite for being a playoff player. He does the things this team lacks and he does them very well. The glaring hole this series was a player other than Lafreniere or Trocheck that was willing to get to the net.

Brady is also not Matthew. Brady is just another guy who barely generates a single scoring chance in the game tonight.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Not sure Brady is the right target but he’s the type of player this team needs to acquire. They desperately need to change the way they generate offense 5v5. The royal road bullshit isn’t working. It hasn’t worked since AV was the coach. Rangers haven’t been a good offensive team at 5v5 since 2015.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Trouba to Nashville. They lost McD, Trotz may value what he brings. Nice city and no state income tax (I think). Mr and Dr Trouba I’m sure will be happy to get out of the NY cesspit
They do have three 2nds and two 3rds this year!

I think the only way you can approach a NMC clause is if some other team inquires about a player and you go that said player and tell them "<Team> inquired about your availability. We said you currently have a NMC." to which they will probably be like "thanks" but there is a chance they could be like "well actually, I've been thinking..."

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Here we are again boys. Another off season ahead of us. Go get Choochrun
Just what they need a dman that always gets hurt and plays half the season.

This is the 1st time he has played a full season of 82 games. Has not played more than 67 games previously. Huge risk in my opinion. What if you trade for him and then goes back to being injury prone?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
They do have three 2nds and two 3rds this year!

I think the only way you can approach a NMC clause is if some other team inquires about a player and you go that said player and tell them "<Team> inquired about your availability. We said you currently have a NMC." to which they will probably be like "thanks" but there is a chance they could be like "well actually, I've been thinking..."
This scenario only happens if Nashville is one of the 15 teams he chooses not to be traded to.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Goodrow to Ott has been a thing I've been woekshopping. Goodrow played well this post season.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Trouba flat out cannot be on the team next year.

Will probably watch <10 games if he is.

Good luck with your AI art.
I feel the same way, but about Trouba, Zibanejad, and Lindgren. I know Zibanejad is unlikely but the other two should not be on this team. They need to rearrange this group, and I’m hopeful that since Valiquette addressed it in the post game that Drury knows it too.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Next year I don't care how bad they play they deserve each other. Put bread Mika kreider together.
Find another wing for Laf and Tro

Hope 2 of Othmann Berard Sykora Edstrom can become bottom 6 staples. We need skating and physicality.

Wrap Chytil in KT tape and put him in the Michelin man suit.

Jettison trouba. Get dmen that can skate and make a pass 95% of the time.

Reactions: noncents

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Typical Rangers move. Changing the core needs to happen. Go get Brady Tkachuk. Please improve the defensive system. Need to be better and able to skate and defend. Any Avery types that can bring the team into the fight to change the DNA with some attitude and actually gives a shit.. Rangers can use that type of skill. Brandon Dubinsky types. Rangers need more players willing to bring effort every night. Adapting to the game if something is not working, not trying to make the same mistake and hop[ing for one time it works. Rangers need to change their DNA. It’s pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad