Speculation: Roster Building Thread I (2019/2020) - A Day in the Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Minnesota isn’t trading Kaprizov unless they know he won’t sign with them or it’s in a package for someone with term.

If it’s the former, we’re not adding to kreider or even including him most likely, he’d essentially get to pick his spot.

Yeah, so not a massive overpayment.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Barkov, Huberdeau, Hoffman, Trochek, Dadonov all making under $6M—$2.41M cap space. I guess that’s what giving a goalie $70,000,000 does.

Yes I’m aware of the irony. :laugh:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kreider + a prospect for Kaprisov? That's not far off. I doubt Minnesota would do the two straight up. Might depend on how much they believe in their team to win now.

I can't imagine why we'd be adding in that scenario. Kreider is an established NHL player with 133 career goals. Kaprisov is a prospect who has shown no intention of signing with Minnesota. He's a good prospect, to be sure, but his value isn't that high.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Wait why? Greenway had a good rookie season last year and projects as a very physical top-6 power forward

I think Greenway can be a 20-20 guy with PP time and by taking more shots this year.

He had a statistically weak year from what a few folks might have expected but right now he's a bigger, younger cheaper version of Kreider who within 18 months will either be a monster on the ice or a very good complimentary middle six winger.

Right now Greenway has some of the issues you'd expect with a rookie. There are some awkward moments with his decision making from a few of the games I saw. But I think he has sky high potential.

Needs to hit more and shoot more.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I can't imagine why we'd be adding in that scenario. Kreider is an established NHL player with 133 career goals. Kaprisov is a prospect who has shown no intention of signing with Minnesota. He's a good prospect, to be sure, but his value isn't that high.

The talk about Kreider's value is a 1st (probably late) and a prospect (probably B level). Kaprizov is worth that package at least. He's a top 10-15 prospect in the league. If Gorton had Kreider for Kaprizov on the table he would have taken it yesterday.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
What’s St. Louis’s cap hell? They have 5 mill in space and two RFAs to sign. More than enough.

Not only this, but they lack any real buyout candidates. Their only two contracts that weren’t instrumental in the Cup run are Steen and Allen. Both under 6 mill for 2 years. Allen isn’t a starting goaltender, but Steen could’ve been having an off year.

Just saying they are going right up to the cap no space to add like so many other teams

More buyouts will come just like Stone in Calgary needed to sign Tkatchuk

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I mean they have 8 Dmen on their roster according to Cap Friendly, so something has to give there. Could probably include Psysk while retaining $2MM on Kreider. Would be a net wash to their roster as well as the Rangers. Panthers would still have $2.5MM in space with 11 forward, 7D and 2 goalies. Psysk could be a #7 or 3rd pair RD if Fox isn't ready.

Obviously there would be other solid assets coming back to the Rangers in addition to Psysk.

Is it good to think if expansion now so targeting a kid not needing protection in a new entry level deal ... big break having all the kids signed this year in eligible

Bowers or Kaut from the Avs plus a pick

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

Is that the case? Because that would change the entire scenario.
I was under the impression he would be coming over to Minnesota after SKA's season is over. Did they lose his rights or has he gone public in saying he won't sign with Minnesota?
He's a really good prospect and would love to have him on a line with Kravtsov.

Reactions: egelband

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think Greenway can be a 20-20 guy with PP time and by taking more shots this year.

He had a statistically weak year from what a few folks might have expected but right now he's a bigger, younger cheaper version of Kreider who within 18 months will either be a monster on the ice or a very good complimentary middle six winger.

Right now Greenway has some of the issues you'd expect with a rookie. There are some awkward moments with his decision making from a few of the games I saw. But I think he has sky high potential.

Needs to hit more and shoot more.

Shouting MN think about adding kids though ? I think that’s the problem w them cause Suter , Parise , E Staal , Koivu are on their last few seasons

Reactions: eco's bones

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Anyway if packaging Belesky w Nieves for a AHL F that isn’t on the cap ?

Or is Nieves not enough of a seeetener ?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
423F6D37-D225-4A54-8F68-74F3816723BB.jpeg

Reactions: TheTakedown

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don’t think Minny is a good spot for Kreider, don’t they have a backload of LWs? They’ve been trying to move Zucker for like a year.

The new Minnesota GM will have to ask him/herself how confident they are that their team will be a playoff team--because if they're not that confident and their team doesn't make the playoffs then they've give up a lottery pick to the Rangers for a guy that they're going to have to sign right away or lose to free agency. Screwing that up would not argue for their longevity in the position they've just taken.

If the Rangers want a 1st rounder in the package they get back for Kreider--they're probably going to have to wait until January/February to find a team that has some certainty that they will be a playoff team and want Kreider to enhance their playoff chances. I would call into question the capability of a GM who would even take a chance on giving up their 1st for Kreider now. To me it would be flat out stupid. Kreider is a very good player but he's not worth gambling a potential lottery pick on.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
The new Minnesota GM will have to ask him/herself how confident they are that their team will be a playoff team--because if they're not that confident and their team doesn't make the playoffs then they've give up a lottery pick to the Rangers for a guy that they're going to have to sign right away or lose to free agency. Screwing that up would not argue for their longevity in the position they've just taken.

If the Rangers want a 1st rounder in the package they get back for Kreider--they're probably going to have to wait until January/February to find a team that has some certainty that they will be a playoff team and want Kreider to enhance their playoff chances. I would call into question the capability of a GM who would even take a chance on giving up their 1st for Kreider now. To me it would be flat out stupid. Kreider is a very good player but he's not worth gambling a potential lottery pick on.

You are right. But on the other hand, Minnesota has a good defense and a goalie who can be very good. They cant tank with all of these good players. So they might find it worthy of a gamble to trade for a couple of good forwards.

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Is that the case? Because that would change the entire scenario.
I was under the impression he would be coming over to Minnesota after SKA's season is over. Did they lose his rights or has he gone public in saying he won't sign with Minnesota?
He's a really good prospect and would love to have him on a line with Kravtsov.

Is he? I hadn't heard that. If so, then yes, his value is higher than I thought. That pretty much guarantees that they won't trade him though. If he intends to sign with them, they would be stupid to trade him.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Most underrated and unappreciated player on this team: Vlad Namestnikov.

Will be 27 by Thanksgiving, he will grab a significant role in 19-20.

I kind of agree with you. He is a bit overpaid but he can light a fire under players he plays with with his work ethic. I dont mind having him around at all. I'm also not willing to move on from Strome so quick either. Imo Kreider isnt in this teams long term plans so he should be moved on from before Strome who if he continues to grow like he did when Hayes got traded could be someone we keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium